• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

He's said he wants to stay here. So do it or he'll join the rest of the players dead to me (i.e. anyone not currently on Arsenal).

If he's here he's great, if not, meh. That's how how you make sure football is always enjoyable, friends.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Its funny this article about him wanting ManU comes right before the West Brom match.
I think he has been dropped from the 11 since Chelsea.

He won't start either vs West Brom. May start in the Europa though.

Wenger has finally said there is no hierachy.

karl

Its funny this article about him wanting ManU comes right before the West Brom match.
I think he has been dropped from the 11 since Chelsea.

He won't start either vs West Brom. May start in the Europa though.

Wenger has finally said there is no hierachy.
Using players who are not committed to the club was a lesson Arsène learnt at Anfield.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Afternoon all,

Recently, I wrote this article about Mesut Özil potentially departing Arsenal to head to Manchester United on a free transfer:

http://thefootballforecast.com/2017/09/25/arsenal-star-set-sensational-switch-rival/

The first bit I heard about this news was from the Mirror, as I believe it is the only national newspaper reporting a move for the German!

Any feedback and comments about the move would be hugely appreciated!
I very much doubt he's going to United -- they already have Mkhitaryan and Mata playing his position, with the latter being shunted out wide due to positional excess at #10.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No hypocrisy here, I'll be equally bitter towards both if/when they leave.

That applies to every player.
Well you were the one who lit me up by posting the Mirror link, so that'll be the least I expect of you :lol: I'd be none the wiser but for that!

All jokes aside, I wont be mad at either player. I'll just find it funny in the case of Özil though. I'd feel as though I'm having a little bit of the last laugh, after all I've had to endure in this thread. All those @@@@@@'s. No more of those :drool:

Reactions: A_G

GunnerShy

Don't think either Sanchez or Özil would appreciably strengthen the Manchester clubs. They've both got an abundance of attacking talent and their attacks are purring nicely at the moment.

I think if PSG put together a decent run in the Champions league that Sanchez could well pop up there, especially as they may be hamstrung in what they can fork out on transfer fees. He is a unique opportunity for them to strengthen their front three.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I don't get why he wasn't sold, or even it would seem offered for sale - at least abroad anyway

I don't think the fans would have kicked up a massive stink if he fetched a reasonable amount

To be fair, the boy keeps saying he's gonna sign yet here we are. That's why his 4 year anniversary rant was ridiculously cheeky :lol: Wright was spot on when he gatted him.

He's a lot more suave with the media regarding Arsenal and says the right things so he's kind of got away with it.
Well, that and apart from some half hearted Feberbache links absolutely nobody came in for him.

Yet, in the same summer with the same contract situation we fought tooth and nail to force Sanchez to stay and the guy even helped us out by pricing himself out of a couple of moves with the very few clubs who could afford him as well.

In regards of Ozils impact here you'd think this summer would have spelt it out for everyone *shrugs*

I'm proud of my body of work in this thread to be honest. I think I've opened the eyes of some of you to some things you just did not want to believe. And when it ends, bullshit and all, the ending will be beautifully poetic. Seriously could not have dreamt it up myself :lol:

Lol, at this ridiculously deluded post! 'My body of work in this thread'???! My goodness...how embarrassing.
My old login no longer works, so its not my 1st post but I could no longer stand this *****'s drivel clogging up this thread in particular (ie only!) . Does he think he's the moderator??
Jury needs to analyse the game of football a whole lot more to understand what makes a well-balanced functioning team. He keeps babbling on about how top players should by definition drag average teams up to their level, however with a front 3rd player like Özil, he is dependent on a well-balanced midfield which we have VERY RARELY had!
Jury's mindlessly repetitive & boring criticism of this player compared to his silence on players like ramsey, granit & even alexis is damning.
Do us all a favour & waste so much of your life elsewhere champ!

tcahill

I'm proud of my body of work in this thread to be honest. I think I've opened the eyes of some of you to some things you just did not want to believe. And when it ends, bullshit and all, the ending will be beautifully poetic. Seriously could not have dreamt it up myself :lol:

Most of the posters here supporting Özil like him because he's our second best player, not because of his loyalty or anything else. You just argue he's a liability, and I fail to see how that's relevant at all to this rumour of him moving to Man U. If he does end up at Man U good luck to him.

Anyway, if Mourinho wants him, it shows he values Özil over his existing options (Mkhitaryan and Mata), so Özil must be doing something right.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Most of the posters here supporting Özil like him because he's our second best player, not because of his loyalty or anything else. You just argue he's a liability, and I fail to see how that's relevant at all to this rumour of him moving to Man U. If he does end up at Man U good luck to him.

Anyway, if Mourinho wants him, it shows he values Özil over his existing options (Mkhitaryan and Mata), so Özil must be doing something right.
You see this is where you and a good few others go wrong. My argument about the Özil is not that he is a 'liability'. My opinion on him has been twisted beyond belief in this thread, which is why 90% of the time I'm merely winding people up. I'm tired of reiterating my stance to be honest. There is no point any more because people just make stuff up and attack it. Only a few months left now anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lol, at this ridiculously deluded post! 'My body of work in this thread'???! My goodness...how embarrassing.
My old login no longer works, so its not my 1st post but I could no longer stand this *****'s drivel clogging up this thread in particular (ie only!) . Does he think he's the moderator??
Jury needs to analyse the game of football a whole lot more to understand what makes a well-balanced functioning team. He keeps babbling on about how top players should by definition drag average teams up to their level, however with a front 3rd player like Özil, he is dependent on a well-balanced midfield which we have VERY RARELY had!
Jury's mindlessly repetitive & boring criticism of this player compared to his silence on players like ramsey, granit & even alexis is damning.
Didn't read all that as the CAPS put me off! My post was a piss-take. But don't ever let that stop you from being outraged. You're in the right place for it.

Oh, welcome, I suppose :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Özil is not a winger he is a CAM, and Wenger should try to find a system where he can get the best out of Özil.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Not one bit bothered about Özil until he signs a contract. Unlike Sanchez who definitely wants out, he keep saying he wants to stay. Doesn't look like it to me.

Oh, so you're head over heels for Sanchez who actively wants out. But Özil, who said he's gonna stay, you're not bothered about?

Tell you what annoys me, when people say Alexis does Özil's job and then some. I think Alexis can be wonderfully creative, but when Özil replaced him, everything was crisper, quicker.

Özil can make a decision in seconds. Alexis often needs to weigh up his options which costs us on the counter sometimes. Still firmly believe Özil's importance to us is no less than Alexis'.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Oh, so you're head over heels for Sanchez who actively wants out. But Özil, who said he's gonna stay, you're not bothered about?

Tell you what annoys me, when people say Alexis does Özil's job and then some. I think Alexis can be wonderfully creative, but when Özil replaced him, everything was crisper, quicker.

Özil can make a decision in seconds. Alexis often needs to weigh up his options which costs us on the counter sometimes. Still firmly believe Özil's importance to us is no less than Alexis'.
No, I've broken up with Sanchez, I'm just making sure I get a good username before I change it. So you can stop shouting at me now.:p

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

So are we really not gonna talk about Inter (apparently) turning down a free Özil? :lol:

Zyrth

It's just the "English" way of football. Attackers should dribble and score. Blood and thunder, all the way. Passing, triangles, making space, dummy runs, pfft.. too complex for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom