• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Knee injury... He will play. Would be a silly move to United, I think. Surely can;t make the starting 11 right now.

"Surely can't make the starting 11" is very debatable, both Mkhitaryan and Mata are flanky and will get their mid season collapse sooner or latter. No reason why Özil can't be an upgrade from both of them.

Heck if he really can't make the starting 11 of our rivals then why the freak would we want to give him a new megacontract? Might as well ditch him and upgrade to a better player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd play Özil over Mata every day. He gets in the Man Utd team over Mata imo. Mourinho wouldn't think twice about wiping his arse with Mata for Özil.

House MD

Knee injury... He will play. Would be a silly move to United, I think. Surely can;t make the starting 11 right now.

But then he was on the bench?

I have a feeling this is mata’s last season for us. It’s likelier that greizmann might join us. But Özil would improve us too. Martial/Rashford-Özil-Mkhi begins lukaku and in front of matic and pogba should be good on paper at least

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
People still think Özil would not make United a stronger out fit?
Ofcourse he would same for Sanchez, they are both players who can make the difference for every team. but they both need to play in a system which allowed them to express their quality.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
need to read the full story containing this quote from Low:

“With Mesut Özil and Sami Khedira, I assume that they will be better rested during the international break,” he said. “This is more important to them at the moment. What is crucial to us is that our players are in peak condition next year. “

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He's gone in January.

Wenger is making excuses up again. He won't be available for Sunday either. He's been dropped.
He has joined Debuchy in the abyss.
Finally Wenger has woken up. Özil must have done something to piss Wenger off.

No way he has a "Knee injury."

Arsenal1508

If Özil leaves and we have to find a replacement, I hope we raid PSG for Draxler.

Draxler is a mercenary. He is just motivated by money too. We already let Oxlade go...don't want a similar player like that to be fair. Time to promote from within.

If anything, the only German player I want right now is Timo Werner. He is their next generation player.

Jojoba

It's just the "English" way of football. Attackers should dribble and score. Blood and thunder, all the way. Passing, triangles, making space, dummy runs, pfft.. too complex for this game.
For real? So you want to tell me that we in the EPL hate the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Cantona, Scholes, Mata,Cazorla, Cesc, Silva, Hazard, Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Coutinho, Wilshere, Pires, Modric etc..
We hate the likes of Messi , Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar, Pirlo, Kroos etc?

Seriously, some people just over use use comments like "The English ain't got a clue about skillful / technical football".
It's like you are implying that we in the EPL hate technically talented / gifted kind of players.. May be that is why each and every fan at a Top club is always calling on their boards and managers to sign these £40 - £100 million rated players. We just hate technical and skillful players.. smh;)

Zyrth

Don't have to spin tales from what I've posted. You just took to the extreme, so well done to you.. I guess.

I could also do the same, from your aforementioned players, they do not hold an English passport. So you kinda of reaffirm my statement.

Anyways, back to topic. You have to understand where we get this inference from still. The media, pundits, English managers, fans that "seemingly" follow the media's narratives, and grassroots coaches all point to the English not adapting to the modern game. It's still mostly long passes, punts, ball chasing, blood and thunder football approach still. Look at the Germans and how they've reinvested themselves and then compare it with the English.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't have to spin tales from what I've posted. You just took to the extreme, so well done to you.. I guess.

I could also do the same, from your aforementioned players, they do not hold an English passport. So you kinda of reaffirm my statement.

Anyways, back to topic. You have to understand where we get this inference from still. The media, pundits, English managers, fans that "seemingly" follow the media's narratives, and grassroots coaches all point to the English not adapting to the modern game. It's still mostly long passes, punts, ball chasing, blood and thunder football approach still. Look at the Germans and how they've reinvested themselves and then compare it with the English.
'The English'... That's pretty broad, isn't it? And annoying as **** tbh.

Zyrth

@Jury That's why its termed as generalizing. There is always exceptions to the norm,sure, but if we're only allowed to go down to the granular specifics, I doubt this forum would exist.

Zyrth

'Scholes' , although sounding German, was, and still is, very English. :lol:
Fair point, like you said, and I replied, there's always exceptions to the norm. Scholes was a class albeit foul and dirty player especially against us, but still a class player. Reminds me a bit of Muller, in that he is unspectacular on the ball but his shooting, finishing, passing and positional and gameplay sense is top notch.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury That's why its termed as generalizing. There is always exceptions to the norm,sure, but if we're only allowed to go down to the granular specifics, I doubt this forum would exist.
Generalising is pointless though. Particularly when it doesn't take much imagination to understand that the vast majority of English football fans like to see their teams play nice football, like I do, if we're going back to where this started...

Also, Paul Scholes, believe it or not, isn't the only class footballer England have ever produced.

Arsenal1508

Özil's greed will backfire for him. He bet on himself that he'll have a solid season this year and there will be plenty of suitors lining up to take him on a free by giving him his desired wages equivalent to 300K per week.

What's going to happen now till he leaves his value is going to continue to go down. No team is going to commit those sort of wages to him. A free doesn't necessary mean free when you are committing 15-16 million per year in salary to one player. Especially one that looks that he won't be able to come out of this form. Wenger has finally realized not to build the team around Özil.

He should have just signed the extension last season. Now, he will be getting less money. Players power did not work here. The board did not bend to their demands...and quite rightly, they didn't. It's not like we were coming of a title/CL winning season.

I can see him go to the Middle East or China to get his desired wage packet. However, there will be no European team that will offer him 200K +...even on a Bosman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom