• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
So proud of Özil if he manage to get a gig at United! Hope he wins things there!
Yeah...hope you go support Özil at ManU too.

Can't believe an Arsenal supporter wrote the above.
The club is always above any player for me. The shirt lives on, but players come and go.

We remember the legends that helped us win stuff by giving us great memories.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Özil Thread on Redcafe:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/mesut-Özil-on-a-free.432689/

Seems like 90% of the supporters don't want him as they recognized he disappears in matches just like us. They want Sanchez rather on a Bosman if they had to choose (who wouldn't choose Sanchez really).

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't really think he's a stylistic fit at United, but he's a better player than Mata and (to a lesser extent) Mkhitaryan, so what do I know?

If he does go, this place is a pretty good bet to scream good riddance, then complain about a lack of creativity in the final third next year, though.

Zyrth

Generalising is pointless though. Particularly when it doesn't take much imagination to understand that the vast majority of English football fans like to see their teams play nice football, like I do, if we're going back to where this started...

Also, Paul Scholes, believe it or not, isn't the only class footballer England have ever produced.
Agree that its pointless, but it still exist.

Anyway, "nice" football is subjective. Tiki taka is nice, Wengerball is nice, great counter attacks are nice, but I get what you mean. Winning is definitely the common denominator. Although you've most definitely deviated from the main point of the argument. You've missed the point, the English players may be technically gifted, but you only need to look at modern football to know that they are pretty one styled. Gerrard is a great player, so was Lampard, and they are the archetypal midfield lynch-pin that all British players want to become.

Anyway, you seem to assume plenty of stuffs, one of them being that I look down on English players.

House MD

It's 50/50 going by the poll.

Bear in mind that these are the same fans that voted for Eric Dier over Nemanja Matić.

To be fair, Chelsea fans were happy for him to leave so understandable to be a bit doubtful. But looked like mourinho did know what he was doing.

Re Özil, I think he is frankly a backup option for us for greizmann (don’t think it’s both frankly). Like how we apparently had Morata/belotti as backup for lukaku and dier/Fabinho for matic and Keane for lindelof. But from his work so far (to this point), I would be happy even if mourinho decided to buy klavan.

I would be ok with Özil. On a free and for wages of around 180k (mata on 140k leaving). As I’ve said before maybe he has a Renaissance like matic did due to a change in environment. Him, pogba and mkhi supplying balls to two of Rashford, martial, lukaku will be great

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Don't really think he's a stylistic fit at United, but he's a better player than Mata and (to a lesser extent) Mkhitaryan, so what do I know?

If he does go, this place is a pretty good bet to scream good riddance, then complain about a lack of creativity in the final third next year, though.

I think he is, most of our goals come from the counter-attack, this is our style and Mourinho's philosophy of football - we stay tight and we have a powerful side that wins the 50/50's that ultimately allows us to play on the break.

In attack, we have a lot of players that offer speed, great movement and work rate and we definitely have the players to shield him in midfield. What we're lacking a bit is the quality decision making in the final third, we're clinical but our chance creation is inconsistent. We also don't have any good crossers in the team aside from Ashley Young. I just don't want to wait until the end of the season to get him, I want him in January.

Last edited:

silent_shadow

Established Member
Woke up to the truth of Özil about 6 months ago. Sad we couldn't sell him but looking forward to life post-Özil and laughing at other fans' reactions to him.

FreakySami

This would be my lowest moment as an Arsenal fan if Özil joined United ON A FREE! This situation should get a few people fired I.e. law and Gazidis.
I don't understand, you think that he is forced to sign? They can offer him the world and if he doesn't want to week he doesn't sign

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't understand, you think that he is forced to sign? They can offer him the world and if he doesn't want to week he doesn't sign
What don't you understand. The fact that our lack of preparation may have cost us one of our best players or the fact that our best players don't want to be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom