• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So many people in this thread looking more and more silly with every encouraging performance.

Just wish we'd have him for 90 minutes on the pitch. Not liking this 70 minute stuff but if it works, it works.

Zyrth

How so?

Lukaku and Morata were purchased the same summer for significantly higher fees, and are both scoring at a better clip thus far. Do you really think Chelsea and United paid bigger fees for “easily” worse players, when Lacazette would have picked either over us were he afforded the option?
Going with this argument, Henry would have been a ****e signing when he was signed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Beautiful effort!

But I find it funny how no-one mentions Alexis' miss on the chance after- rightfully so, of course. But when Lacazette missed the rebound effort people were slating him despite it being a difficult effort flying at him suddenly.
Same thing will happen when Laca gives the ball away despite the fact that AS7 does this at least once a game and often near the halfway line.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Same thing will happen when Laca gives the ball away despite the fact that AS7 does this at least once a game and often near the halfway line.
Yeah, I mean, I like that Alexis plays with high risk, sometimes he just have to take the quick and easy option instead. I get the feeling often that he is taking some hero/I-am-alone role and tries to do it all on his own.

Anyways, this is Laca's thread, and I really like how he's started. Looking forward to having either Özil or Wilshere to find him with passes.

Tywin

Beautiful effort!

But I find it funny how no-one mentions Alexis' miss on the chance after- rightfully so, of course. But when Lacazette missed the rebound effort people were slating him despite it being a difficult effort flying at him suddenly.

Hardly the same is it? Laca missed his rebound in front of an empty goal near the 6 yard box while Sanchez was further out with players in between. Watch both misses again and tell me if they are similar.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hardly the same is it? Laca missed his rebound in front of an empty goal near the 6 yard box while Sanchez was further out with players in between. Watch both misses again and tell me if they are similar.
Sanchez has more time to react though. The Laca one has an odd bounce and happens in a matter of split seconds.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
@Mark Tobias pretty much summed it up.

But I never said they were completely similar. But both situations are shots after rebounds, and against a goal that is quite open. Laca was very close to the goal, yes. And he had extremely little time to react, so I think he should rather be praised for reacting quickly enough to hit it rather than slated for missing it. Sanchez is further out, yes. And had more time to run to the ball and time his finish. The defenders were pretty stillstanding iirc so he had little that disrupted him. He did slip in the finishing moment though. I think he was opportunistic to see the chance and take it, but sadly didn't time it properly.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Beautiful effort!

Probably because it was a lot tougher than Lacazette's who was dead in front of goal . imo anyways .

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This is one of my pipe dreams. We can meet their buyout clause - 100m, the only plausible reason we kept our powder dry is to be able to make a big move next year. If united find some other toy to keep them happy then we can have a clear run at him.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Laca gets Greizmann to join us with Alexis heading to Atletico in a swap deal would be amazing!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Going with this argument, Henry would have been a ****e signing when he was signed.
Obviously, some players outplay their paid valuation (Henry has 20 years of hindsight available in your 'example'). But we're trying to compare the 3 now, and 1) they were valued much higher <6 months ago and 2) Lukaku and Morata have performed slightly better since. There's really not that much there to argue Laca is a superior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom