• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Some vids of him are coming up now... the ingredients of a good centreback are definitely there; he's tall, quick, looks like he has some muscle, seems a tough tackler, and has some ability on the ball. The questions left are whether he is consistent, intelligent, and can do it on a bigger stage. I look forward to seeing how he does on loan.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We will see tomorrow if he joins Werder on loan.
Bremen close sources are denied the reports, but they haven't known well about the "curious" Gnabry deal too.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Some vids of him are coming up now... the ingredients of a good centreback are definitely there; he's tall, quick, looks like he has some muscle, seems a tough tackler, and has some ability on the ball. The questions left are whether he is consistent, intelligent, and can do it on a bigger stage. I look forward to seeing how he does on loan.

His body looks like Kolasinac 2.0.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Is this an official signing yet, officially completed? If Sven recommended him he must be a decent young player but unfortunately I bet this will be our only signing I bet.

zhaggy

Coming back when Arsène retires?
Looks good but its a higlight video after all, we`ll see.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not against this but have any of these 'non-immediate' additions ever worked out for us?

BobP

Memri Fan
Not against this but have any of these 'non-immediate' additions ever worked out for us?

Hardly any.

It's generally a tricky business.

It must be difficult for scouts to separate players who 'dominate' or succeed in inferior leagues and players who have the attributes to make that step up, two things which aren't synonymous with one another.

Elneny is a good example. According to all reports during the time he signed for us he was known to have the lungs of a long distance runner, as well as a strong pass completion rate. He wasn't a physically imposing, all action midfielder, instead preferring to use his positional sense to win the ball.

You also have to consider the fact that he played for the most dominant team in the Swiss league, something which would have made his job much easier.

The end question here is did Elneny possess the attributes to step up and make a mark in the EPL? Probably not.

To repeat what I said earlier, he wasn't overly quick, he was conservative in terms of his pass selection and he struggled to impose himself physically. Interestingly, these are all things which remain prevalent with Elneny. It's not that he's a bad player, it was simply that he, for the most part, remained the player he was at Basel, except he was doing it at a more competitive level.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We should buy them before they become great...just look at Mbappe...few months later, whats the point with signing talented cheap players...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Don't think this Mavropanos lad is at the age where he should be asking for a loan to get regular games...... it is one thing to let a player stay in his club until the season is over, another to throw him into a different league before our coaches get to have a look at him. Extremely unusual and hard to understand if we really want to loan him to Werder.

But we have Kos, Mustafi, Per, Chambers & Holding. Next season Per will retire and we could send Holding out on loan. Kos will also be another year older. Its not odd to send him out on loan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom