• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope we do buy Evans. I have a lot of fellow supporters telling me that he's a "proper defender", "no nonsense" and will "sort out our soft centre."

At least when he turns out to be an absolute calamity (like every other defender who has played for Wenger in the past 13 years), it might slowly dawn on them that the problem is the manager/organisation rather than the individual players. Then again, probably not.
Yep, and he's not just costing us on the pitch, Wenger. He's now looking to spend a lot of money (for us) on 30yr old quick fixes.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
All it will take is 18 months for Arséne to corrupt and ruin the backroom staff. I wouldn't get your hopes too high, friend. We're in a downward spiral.
tumblr_mqplzjXX421rdzvoso1_500.gif

Marmaduke

Changing without planning it will make us worse we need an effort from the board and of course Kroenke to start rebuilding Wenger time is over

Seems like a tough market for managers as well as players these days. Can't really think of who I'd really like to come in...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind the first 11 selection but surely our bench could have featured some big guns to come on and change things. That is entirely on Wenger.

yeah agreed, Lacazette, Özil, Sanchez should have been on the bench in case we needed them. Coquelin should have played too since he wasn't injured.. Surely he can play two games in a week.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yep, and he's not just costing us on the pitch, Wenger. He's now looking to spend a lot of money (for us) on 30yr old quick fixes.

Hard to see that happening. Doubt he'd pull a Ferguson on his way out, but it's certainly show desperation in a way we haven't seen before from him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I hear ya. It really is better for our sanity if we just try to find something amusing in all of this unless we can switch off from this club altogether.
Thing is, if we were neutral supporters we would find this amusing! Maybe we can go out on a high and win the EL beating Simeone's Atleti 5-4 after being 3-0 down in the first 15 mins.

Marmaduke

I hear ya but it's impossible now. He's the elephant in the room & we've all noticed him! It's sad that it has come to this really. I'd rather be on here talking about how well we've played or gnashing of teeth if we lost a close one but the state of our football is a joke imo & there's only one person responsible for it.
On the whole yeah we have been playing very poorly this season but I wouldn't look into this loss specifically as this team was just odd (yes manager's fault).

The Chelsea match will either calm things down temporarily or make it into a full storm :lol:

marting

This wasn’t a player problem today, Evans won’t come in and fix anything, we will play in the same way and be exposed as usual. It’s not a player problem it’s a tactical issue. At least wenger can sit in he stands and see how open we are now! Maybe we will take the league cup seriously now.

Has an fa cup folder ever gone out in the third round before?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Nketiah showed glimpses of genuine quality again. Was a bit skeptical during his debut but it's hard to see how he'd contribute less than Walcott at this point, on 1/10 of the wages. Lightning quick with good feet.

Not sure about this Willock lad. Haven't seen/heard much about him on here, what's the general consensus about his potential etc.?
Willock's 18 and not even that experienced at U23 level. He's an all rounder with a good pass on him and quite physical. Just switches off a bit too much. Didn't put enough pressure on the ball at times.

Got time for him though. Still 2x better than Elneny today.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Anyone else think Wenger was unlucky to lose this one? If you compare our performance against Forest and Man City's performance against Burnley you will notice little difference. Well except that Wenger was a bit unlucky at times while Pep wasn't.

Remember luck plays a big part in football!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom