• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm all for bringing in a new manager in provided he is truly what we need, I still rate Wenger highly.

Change for the sake of it won't enable us to go toe to toe with City I honestly believe. Other teams have better players in more positions period as well.
Changing without planning it will make us worse we need an effort from the board and of course Kroenke to start rebuilding Wenger time is over

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
There was talk today in the rumor mill about Arteta taking over and Wenger stepping down and so my hope is for a graceful exit in the coming year or 2.

In any case, the constant squealing about management is just tiring, just wish it was kept in the Wenger thread and no where else.
I hear ya but it's impossible now. He's the elephant in the room & we've all noticed him! It's sad that it has come to this really. I'd rather be on here talking about how well we've played or gnashing of teeth if we lost a close one but the state of our football is a joke imo & there's only one person responsible for it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If I was angry and really upset I wouldn't be bro - I'm just so tired of this tired old book that I've been reading for 10 years hoping that the ending will get better each time I read it, only to find out it's getting worse. I've checked out now - always Arsenal but just need a change from this rotting regime.

The one thing that gives me hope is that the back room shake up will have a positive effect very soon and I really do believe that Arséne will be gone in 18 months and probably 6 if we're lucky.
I hear ya. It really is better for our sanity if we just try to find something amusing in all of this unless we can switch off from this club altogether.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Nelson played like a 19 years old kid that didn't know what to do. He had good skills but not much game knowledge. He needs to realize that sometimes you can influence pay without touching the ball by making runs. He wasn't helped by iwobi who was selfish. I have never seen him be like this.
Nelson was still our best attacker despite that. I think he should have been more greedy and backed himself in the final 3rd.

Axel9090

I'm all for bringing in a new manager in provided he is truly what we need, I still rate Wenger highly.

Change for the sake of it won't enable us to go toe to toe with City I honestly believe. Other teams have better players in more positions period as well.
We should change for the sake of it tbh, lets get the ball rolling. People said we would regret it if we brought in any old John Doe for Wenger, but look at the situation now.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
If I was angry and really upset I wouldn't be bro - I'm just so tired of this tired old book that I've been reading for 10 years hoping that the ending will get better each time I read it, only to find out it's getting worse. I've checked out now - always Arsenal but just need a change from this rotting regime.

The one thing that gives me hope is that the back room shake up will have a positive effect very soon and I really do believe that Arséne will be gone in 18 months and probably 6 if we're lucky.

All it will take is 18 months for Arsène to corrupt and ruin the backroom staff. I wouldn't get your hopes too high, friend. We're in a downward spiral.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I don't mind the first 11 selection but surely our bench could have featured some big guns to come on and change things. That is entirely on Wenger.
This season is going exactly how I thought it would although I figured we'd be in this competition for a bit longer.
Forest were the better team throughout and thoroughly deserve this win. The wankers.

Exactly - we had nowhere to go, nothing to change up and no options from the bench.

On paper the starting 11 looked just about O.K. But half that mob are on their way out the door, for Christ’s sake. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that Laca, Hector and one of Alexis and Özil on the bench sees a different result.

It’s only a 100 miles up the M1. **** a duck.

Marmaduke

I think Nelson played like a 19 years old kid that didn't know what to do. He had good skills but not much game knowledge. He needs to realize that sometimes you can influence pay without touching the ball by making runs. He wasn't helped by iwobi who was selfish. I have never seen him be like this.
I think Iwobi believes he is a bit more senior to the other kids and is desperate to prove he still is. Good reason too I guess because this season he needs to prove himself again.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

The only thing that could make this worse is if the club let Wenger spend £25m on a **** like Evans.

I hope we do buy Evans. I have a lot of fellow supporters telling me that he's a "proper defender", "no nonsense" and will "sort out our soft centre."

At least when he turns out to be an absolute calamity (like every other defender who has played for Wenger in the past 13 years), it might slowly dawn on them that the problem is the manager/organisation rather than the individual players. Then again, probably not.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Keown says Brereton might have just retired Per today :lol:.
Per's done. He's giving an interview and he looks so dejected.
Jenks says we were out fought,and out skilled all over the park.
Ouch.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think Nketiah showed glimpses of genuine quality again. Was a bit skeptical during his debut but it's hard to see how he'd contribute less than Walcott at this point, on 1/10 of the wages. Lightning quick with good feet.

Not sure about this Willock lad. Haven't seen/heard much about him on here, what's the general consensus about his potential etc.?

Marmaduke

We should change for the sake of it tbh, lets get the ball rolling. People said we would regret it if we brought in any old John Doe for Wenger, but look at the situation now.
Mmmm change should be manage wisely I think anyway. Look at Moyes to United, those poor managerial choices at United have really but a headwind to the "biggest" club in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom