• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the first 11 selection but surely our bench could have featured some big guns to come on and change things. That is entirely on Wenger.
This season is going exactly how I thought it would although I figured we'd be in this competition for a bit longer.
Forest were the better team throughout and thoroughly deserve this win. The wankers.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Listen to this joker, you might just be the first guy I mute on here.

You're nothing but a lying fake.

What part about my post was a lie exactly?

All the focus is on the defensive woes, but you managed to only get 3 shots on target against a team that's currently sitting in 14th place in the Championship, with one of the worst defenses as well.

Gooner_girl14

The two penalty accidents are not even close due to our midfield.

The first one is totally on Holding. He should have cleared the ball one time instead of controlling it.
The second one is on Mertesacker as he misplaced a 10 meter pass and then refused to make a tactical foul instead of just turning his back!!

But don't you wonder why we get ourselves in these situations so often? We are so easy to play through, the way we're set up and players overall aren't good enough. The opposition (no matter the calibre) can quite easily get themselves in good positions in our penalty area, forcing errors or risky/desperate tackles.

I agree Holding was completely to blame for the first penalty, but the 2nd one I blame Walcott for his lack of urgency (he just waited for the ball and got caught) just as much as it was a poor pass from Per.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Disappointing with the youth & squad players. With how bad the 1st team is you would think the chance would be relished. Maybe just not good enough.

Makes you appreciate the youth groups of yesteryear more & how they would routinely dispatch teams in the cups.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You're on fire tonight :lol:
If I was angry and really upset I wouldn't be bro - I'm just so tired of this tired old book that I've been reading for 10 years hoping that the ending will get better each time I read it, only to find out it's getting worse. I've checked out now - always Arsenal but just need a change from this rotting regime.

The one thing that gives me hope is that the back room shake up will have a positive effect very soon and I really do believe that Arsène will be gone in 18 months and probably 6 if we're lucky.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Eh, we won this last year, going out doesn't bother me that much. This might help us lighten our load a bit what with EL being the only route to top four.

VancouverCanuck

Only watched the 2nd half.

Offensively, we generated nothing. Nketiah and Akron had a couple of great chances. That’s it. Welbeck goal was gifted to us by their goalie. That was the most disappointing part. Oh, and we may not see so many youngsters playing again much this season.

Let’s just focus on the League cup and Europa.

FreakySami

AMN, Nelson and Nketiah can hold their heads high after this. Willock did OK despite being overawed at times. He's 18 he will get better.

The rest should pack it in. I've been backing Iwobi but he seems to have lost his bollocks. Less said about Walcott and Welbeck the better. Welbeck started OK but he had so many poor moments in the final 3rd and got a lucky goal.

Nelson carried out attack for the majority of the game and when he faded,.nobody had the bollocks to step up except AMN and the subs.

I think Nelson played like a 19 years old kid that didn't know what to do. He had good skills but not much game knowledge. He needs to realize that sometimes you can influence pay without touching the ball by making runs. He wasn't helped by iwobi who was selfish. I have never seen him be like this.

Marmaduke

Things been worse in the past nothing happen I don't see something to change until Wenger finally quit

I'm all for bringing in a new manager in provided he is truly what we need, I still rate Wenger highly.

Change for the sake of it won't enable us to go toe to toe with City I honestly believe. Other teams have better players in more positions period as well.

HBL

Established Member
Maybe there’s a 10% chance we’ll do something bigger in the transfer window now?

Awful performance. Senior plays are embarrassing.

Sell Walcott
Loan Iwobi/Holding
Sell one of coquelin/elneny
I’d be tempted to sell Welbz as well, at least he was rapid when he first joined, has lost a yard of pace. Probably bulked up too much like the rest of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom