• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He is both winger and number 10. And I agree it could have been slightly better but I can forgive him in the sense that he is trying to play smart but he should have been more direct IMO. I would have liked that.

I do get what you're saying however I think we suffer badly as a team from too many wide players not retaining width and drifting around the pitch looking for the ball. Everyone seems to feel like in order to make an impact they need to be on the ball which leaves us with no options off it. It's literally the only reason Walcott is still at this club.

A player with Nelson's skillset imo would be far more devastating playing in the manner of Sane than what he's trying to do now, and it would also make us as a team, a bigger attacking threat by stretching the opposition defence to create space.

The directness will come with confidence and I sincerely hope we've seen the last of him at wing back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would love Arteta to get a shot. It would be a nice change to have someone who is actually respected(deservedly) around the league who players will listen to.
You don’t think Wenger is worthy of the respect he still gets?

It would be nice to have a young modern animal in charge.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No, it just means Debuchy, Per, Walcott and Welbeck have made a bulk of those.

Welbeck and Debuchy, mainly elsewhere.
I'd like to see how much the number drops if it's only Arsenal games that count. Howevet, Walcott's apperances for us alone count for almost 300!.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I do get what you're saying however I think we suffer badly as a team from too many wide players not retaining width and drifting around the pitch looking for the ball. Everyone seems to feel like in order to make an impact they need to be on the ball which leaves us with no options off it. It's literally the only reason Walcott is still at this club.

A player with Nelson's skillset imo would be far more devastating playing in the manner of Sane than what he's trying to do now, and it would also make us as a team, a bigger attacking threat by stretching the opposition defence to create space.

The directness will come with confidence and I sincerely hope we've seen the last of him at wing back.
I agree completely. Just needs more confidence at this level. And more games.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I know nothing of Zidan's coaching methods and don't bother watching La Liga. I imagine his mere presence has some sort of "Space Jam" placebo effect on players.
Zidane's only real asset is that you have to respect what he was as a player. Even an egomaniacal diva like Cristiano has to respect that man's CV. So when you have a bunch of massive personalities it does help to have someone of that stature to keep them in line to an extent. He's being undone because he's not a good enough manager(yet) to overcome what is a truly baffling lack of spending and very little squad depth.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You can see why Wenger never rotates in the league anyway.

blaze_of_glory

Might ban twitter posts unless there is factual information in them. Randos on the internet spouting baseless opinions is is what this forum is already about, don't need to repurpose someone else's bollocks.

Sad state when posters can't come up with their own garbage.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

You don’t think Wenger is worthy of the respect he still gets?

It would be nice to have a young modern animal in charge.

He is, of course. His achievements prior to 2005 were very great - 3 league titles is a very impressive achievement. The Invincibles stands out by itself because it was so unique, too.

But he is, of course, doing himself harm at this point. He's been here somewhere between 2-8 years too long, depending on who you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom