• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

I think this is a needed defeat considering the amount of games europa is going to take up in feb,March and April. We did not have sufficient options on the bench due to injuries. On top of that jon moss doing the usual gifting a goal to opposition by referees routine.

blaze_of_glory

If we beat Chelsea and pinch the Caramel cup, I'd be happy with that. It's a crap cup, completely awful, but I've not seen us win it and it's pissing me off for some reason.
Yeah fair enough. I've talked too much crap about it to get excited about winning it. I'd have too much internal dissonance.

skip spence

I think this is a needed defeat considering the amount of games europa is going to take up in feb,March and April. We did not have sufficient options on the bench due to injuries. On top of that jon moss doing the usual gifting a goal to opposition by referees routine.
Good pount actually. Except that little points to us advancing far in the EL.
Wenger is probably gonna play this team or a similar team in Sweden. And lose, likely as not. Not to mention what we may face later on.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If ever a game highlighted the lack of depth/deadwood that we have. You need your experienced squad players to give you at least 7/10 on days like today, that's what they're for. Mertesacker, Debuchy, Elnenny, Welbeck, Walcott - these guys should not be playing for Arsenal. If they can't stand out against middling Championship teams and they aren't young enough to improve, then get rid. They are Everton/Leicester type of level at the very best.

Rob Holding; I feel we jumped the gun with his praise last season. He's made so many really terrible errors this season.

The defence as a whole, I feel like they have no interest in defending. It's just that annoying thing that we have to do when we aren't attacking. I truly believe that we have a lopsided outlook on football from a coaching perspective. If our fullbacks were as enthusiastic in closing down crosses as our midfielders are in trying to be a playmaker, we might see better defending. Debuchy literally couldn't be arsed on one occasion, I can only laugh.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If ever a game highlighted that we lack of depth/deadwood that we have. You need your experienced squad players to give you at least 7/10 on days like today, that's what they're for. Mertesacker, Debuchy, Elnenny, Welbeck, Walcott - these guys should not be playing for Arsenal. If they can't stand out against middling Championship teams and they aren't young enough to improve, then get rid. They are Everton/Leicester type of level at the very best.

Rob Holding; I feel we jumped the gun with his praise last season. He's made so many really terrible errors this season.

The defence as a whole, I feel like they have no interest in defending. It's just that annoying thing that we have to do when we aren't attacking. I truly believe that we have a lopsided outlook on football from a coaching perspective. If our fullbacks were as enthusiastic in closing down crosses as our midfielders are in trying to be a playmaker, we might see better defending. Debuchy literally couldn't be arsed on one occasion, I can only laugh.
Great post. Certainly feels like our attacking ethos has completely stumped our mentality when defending. Of course attack minded teams will be less defensive but that should not mean we dont know how to defend when we need to

Fallout

an fa cup means nothing to our long term future, indeed we've already won it several times and it hasnt served as any sort of catalyst of form in the league.

id prefer to lose here and in the carabao ... these trophies are artificial and paper over cracks.

we need to go all out in the league and europa to secure CL football for next season. otherwise the journey back becomes significantly harder for us.

Malky

Established Member
Other than Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Willock, and Nketiah, I'd be happy if I never see the rest play for Arsenal again! They're what we've all been saying all season - not good enough.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mertesacker with some very strong words, I like it...

on summing up his emotions after the game…

It’s pretty easy. The manager made a lot of changes, gave a lot of trust to players who haven’t played a lot recently and I don’t think anybody justified their selection today. That sums it up I think.

on the team not being good enough…
It’s difficult. In the first half we played in the park a little bit. We were not precise, especially in the final third. We couldn’t create a lot of chances. In the second half there was a little bit more spirit from ourselves, but in the duels you could see that they out-battled us and that little momentum never really changed. When we scored to make it 3-2 and when he mis-kicked the penalty, obviously we expressed it to the ref but he didn’t listen. It’s difficult to take because for those players who played today, that was probably a last chance to show up and show the manager that they’re ready to play more games. It’s not the case anymore.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

It’s pretty easy. The manager made a lot of changes, gave a lot of trust to players who haven’t played a lot recently and I don’t think anybody justified their selection today. That sums it up I think.

It’s difficult. In the first half we played in the park a little bit. We were not precise, especially in the final third. We couldn’t create a lot of chances. In the second half there was a little bit more spirit from ourselves, but in the duels you could see that they out-battled us and that little momentum never really changed. When we scored to make it 3-2 and when he mis-kicked the penalty, obviously we expressed it to the ref but he didn’t listen. It’s difficult to take because for those players who played today, that was probably a last chance to show up and show the manager that they’re ready to play more games. It’s not the case anymore.
At least nobody has said they were surprised Forest were so up for it

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Damning and honest. Basically said they weren't fit to wear the shirt.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
https://ok.ru/video/493144640102

If anyone wants a good laugh (or cry), click the link and watch.

I hope it comes out that Debuchy was either pregnant or injured, because I've never seen such an awkward and effortless attempt to defend as I did in that phase of play. **** you Mathieu, I would tear up your contract if I had my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom