• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup I Nottingham Forest v Arsenal I 7/1/18 I 4pm GMT | BT Sport

Who would win in a fight?

• Vasyl Lomachenko

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Arséne Wenger

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's also a World Cup winner who got taken to school by a teenager and an Everton loanee.

I agree, you don't have to be perfect to be able to have a go at people, but Per's performances have been shocking this season. It's all well and good giving it out, but you need to look at yourself. It was my main gripe with Flamini, he was a very communicative, very vocal, but he played ****.

I don't know about you, but if someone is digging me out, the first thing I'm gonna question is what they bring to the table. Atm, Mertesacker is turning in retirement performances, he has no room to demand more from those around him.

Well that's just ego.

As I said, relative to others on the pitch, Per has earned the right over his career to command respect and wear the armband. Having a go at the team he was part of for underperforming doesn't mean he's absolving himself of criticism. As our captain I'd be upset if he was anything other than scathing about that performance because it was that bad.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
636508875115637994-USP-NFL-LOS-ANGELES-RAMS-AT-SEATTLE-SEAHAWKS-96086867.JPG
killer trench

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Thing is, if anyone on here can truly, honestly, say with hand on heart that they have ever, in the last 6-7 years, thought we've had a good ENOUGH defense then please show yourself. Anyone but @Makingtrax that is!!
Yeah, posting those numbers to show how good our defensive stats have been was a pretty stupid thing to do.

The next loss, you're open to a barrage of sarcasm. We live and learn in this life my friend.

But the third team losing a cup match doesn't alter the truth about the league stats. Gave you some fun though bro.:lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
But the third team losing a cup match doesn't alter the truth about the league stats.

It was an Arsenal team containing some full internationals, guys who have scored in FA cup finals, big total of prem minutes on the clock between them, who lost to a mangerless Forest side playing their B team, with an average age younger than ours.

God damn it man, can’t you say anything without spin? What’s wrong with you? :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was an Arsenal team containing some full internationals, guys who have scored in FA cup finals, big total of prem minutes on the clock between them, who lost to a mangerless Forest side playing their B team, with an average age younger than ours.

God damn it man, can’t you say anything without spin? What’s wrong with you? :lol:
We're absolutely sh*t at defending.

How those stats are so good, I just don't know. Maybe I miscalculated them or just don't understand it all. What else could it be?

We're absolutely sh*t at defending. Anybody can see that. Happy?:rolleyes:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We're absolutely sh*t at defending.

How those stats are so good, I just don't know. Maybe I miscalculated them or just don't understand it all. What else could it be?

We're absolutely sh*t at defending. Anybody can see that. Happy?:rolleyes:

No need to throw yer toys out the pram brother.

Less “over-spinning” .... you’ll be better off in the long run and people will be more receptive.

Jah bless.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No need to throw yer toys out the pram brother.

Less “over-spinning” .... you’ll be better off in the long run and people will be more receptive.

Jah bless.
Who wants people to be more receptive? Everyone likes a good dust up bro. :lol: Posters need some balance on here, else you'd all have slit your wrists and then p*ssed your pants.

infinium

On a sidenote,is it just me or has several of our quickest players lost pace. Bellerin, Walcott, Welbeck and Alexis, none of them look as quick as they were. Injuries probably plays a part and both Bellerin and Welbeck looks like they`ve spent too much time in the gym.
Not sure about that. Think it is to do with a change in the way the team play with fewer attempts to play the ball in behind. Saw Walcott make a few very quick sprints which he checked because the ball just wasn't coming.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
At 3-1, I knew we'd lose. Just wasn't surprised. Same feeling. Again and again and again.

Done for a bit.

ksarp

Theo Walcott’s reaction to being beaten to the pass on the play that subsequently led to the Traore ( is t he ex Arsenal) penalty sums up things. Like DT alluded on arsenalfan tv, we are beyond mad, now it’s just apathy.

Emotionally, you’re better off disinvesting yourself from this team until further notice, else you set yourself up for disappointment week in week out.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The youngsters can held their head high. Mertesacker should have admit that and also that he was by far the worst player on the pitch and he should just retire now. Can't take him seriously until I hear that.
Mertesacker with some very strong words, I like it...

on summing up his emotions after the game…

It’s pretty easy. The manager made a lot of changes, gave a lot of trust to players who haven’t played a lot recently and I don’t think anybody justified their selection today. That sums it up I think.

I think he included himself in this sentence. Him and Theo have played less than other players

edit: my grammar skills have rot away ......

Last edited:

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Theo Walcott’s reaction to being beaten to the pass on the play that subsequently led to the Traore ( is t he ex Arsenal) penalty sums up things. Like DT alluded on arsenalfan tv, we are beyond mad, now it’s just apathy.

Emotionally, you’re better off disinvesting yourself from this team until further notice, else you set yourself up for disappointment week in week out.
Playing Theo walcott is like playing with 10 men so not surpised about the loss.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If Mertesacker was really honest he should've come out and said "I'm not fit enough to be a professional footballer anymore".

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
At 3-1, I knew we'd lose. Just wasn't surprised. Same feeling. Again and again and again.

Done for a bit.

Welcome to the otherside, brother. I love Arsenal, it's my club. It always will be. But I've lost the passion I once had for it. I still watch, but it's out habit rather than excitement. The only football I enjoy is the matches I watch where Arsenal aren't playing.

Even the derby with Sp**s, which I loved, didn't feel like a normal derby, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom