• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What are those strange hand movements just before second goal, was he trying to scare him away ??

AmberHawk

What are those strange hand movements just before second goal, was he trying to scare him away ??

He was very poor today. Tried to force his way offensivly all the time when there wasnt a play to be made. Was selfish when he needed to pass.

Why he didnt even go for the ball there is beyond me, could easily have got there. But why break a sweat huh?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was very poor today. Tried to force his way offensivly all the time when there wasnt a play to be made. Was selfish when he needed to pass.

Why he didnt even go for the ball there is beyond me, could easily have got there. But why break a sweat huh?

His workrate off the ball is unacceptable. If he was scoring and assisting every week you’d forgive him, but he isn’t productive enough to not put a shift in without the ball.

IslingtonBornandbred

When he first came into the team he seemed more explosive, lighter, faster and had more drive. He looks heavy and slow to me.

It's too soon, but maybe, after all those articles and interviews from Iwobi himself that said he nearly got released I think around 15/16 shows that those in the youth set-up who were shocked Wenger wanted him in the first team maybe had reasons to think that.

It's too soon, but maybe what we are seeing is a kid that's just not cut out for this level. I'm sure pretty much a large majority of our player's that we have in the youth team could come into a first team 11 and would either sink or swim. What's more important is what they do when they are there over a consistent and longer term basis and Iwobi at the moment is showing based on his performances that he's not up to it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
On the front page of tomorrow’s Sun. According to them he was out on the piss the night before the Forest game.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
DTDYS9QXUAE6dp9.jpg

Unacceptable behaviour if true.. Don't expect Ronaldo level dedication from everyone, but come on..

Have always believed in his talent and backed him to turn it around, but this changes things. He isn't serious enough and doesn't seem to have the mentality to take the next step. Very disappointing as he's been given every chance to prove himself.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
DTDYS9QXUAE6dp9.jpg

Unacceptable behaviour if true.. Don't expect Ronaldo level dedication from everyone, but come on..

Have always believed in his talent and backed him to turn it around, but this changes things. He isn't serious enough and doesn't seem to have the mentality to take the next step. Very disappointing as he's been given every chance to prove himself.

I wouldn't like to see him eternally damned, but he needs a loan away to a smaller club to wake him up. As people have been saying, he just doesn't seem to be driven enough.

AmberHawk

DTDYS9QXUAE6dp9.jpg

Yea this along with the fact that Jack recenlty said Iwobi is the guy who is always late for training, gatherings etc. He would not have been giving the chance at another top club. He got it with us and his responds is partying day before game.

Look if your Wayne Rooney you can get away with that ****. Lets just dump him, tired off him allready. Sorry i bought his shirt.

AmberHawk

We can't be giving up on the lad though. He needs to be managed. No need for a total witch hunt.
You are talking like he did anything for us at all. He havnt. Hes a good prospect, but you know what? There is about 2000 other good prospects out there. Most of wich would take a once in a lifetime chance a litle bit more serious. I see zero reasons for us to keep him around after a **** stunt like that.

Lets face the facts here, there is not one single pl team in wich he would get a chance with except us. And the only reason he gets with us is because Wenger wants to save a few extra quid on squad depth. Hes not Messi talent, he is not Özil talent or even Wilshere talent.

StefanB

Wenger has ruined him. I'm sorry, but thats the truth. Like other players who need a disciplined hand; Wenger has not been able to do it. Really sad, but he's still very young. When Wenger hopefully leaves he'll come good.

AmberHawk

Wenger has ruined him. I'm sorry, but thats the truth. Like other players who need a disciplined hand; Wenger has not been able to do it. Really sad, but he's still very young. When Wenger hopefully leaves he'll come good.
I dont want to spam threads or be devils advocate. But when it comes to dicipline its told hes been fined allready alot. If he actually need someone to tell him to stay away from weed parties 3am on a game day he lacks something that Wenger cant fix.

Wenger needs to go, but this one aint on Wenger. Its all on himself, hes almost 22 ffs. Hardly a kid anymore.

IslingtonBornandbred

Surprise Suprise. Those who questioned his attitude and character based on not much but gut feeling and opinion were right. Going out/being out past "bed time" a couple of days before a game is a big no no. Absolute fool.

Going out after a game....Possibly given the schedule/day off next day. Training on Sat morning to prep for game and your out Friday night...complete lack of responsibility for your team, manager and self. You know what though, the only time these types of guys show any remorse or understand is if/when they get released, end up working in a factory and then they understand. Happens to a lot of younger lads at smaller teams.

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
Remember that guy from Aston Villa everyone was hyping up as the next wonderkid a few years ago? Grealish, was it?

Never understand ****s that lucky wasting it all. Show a bit of ****ing self-control. Sad that Iwobi seems to be going the same way. Thought better of him.

Preacher

Always Crying
Feck The S*n.

Nevertheless you can see that he lacks dedication and ambition. Firstly he should get off social media, especially periscope, where he makes fool of himself. I was dissapointed in Ox lack of progress. Iwobi is even worse in this area. Lazier.

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I think this is all a bit harsh on Iwobi.
He’s only 21, his confidence is shot and he isn’t being managed properly. Not sure many youngsters would thrive given the circumstances.
I have faith in him, I think he’s gonna turn it around. Not going to write him off as I think there’s a good player in there.

Anyway, who hasn’t done an all nighter at 21 before work? I partied till 5, napped for 30 mins then started work at 7.30!

Wilshere1010

He’s only 21, his confidence is shot and he isn’t being managed properly. Not sure many youngsters would thrive given the circumstances.
I have faith in him, I think he’s gonna turn it around. Not going to write him off as I think there’s a good player in there.

Anyway, who hasn’t done an all nighter at 21 before work? I partied till 5, napped for 30 mins then started work at 7.30!
We've all done it, but him being a young Premier League player in the public eye, he's going to face scrutiny. Comes with the territory I guess. I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid if he was playing well or even seemed like he was fully committed, but at the moment we're not seeing it.

IslingtonBornandbred

Yeah but you aren't an athlete being paid vast amounts of money to perform on a sporting front less than 48 hours later lol.

It's not acceptable and it's highly unusual given he was training the next morning at 9:30am. Not only does this sort of thing affect performance and increase injury risk it's completely disrespectful and unprofessional. My 13 year old nephew was setting out his boots and getting his shin pads ready on Friday night before his "big game" on Sunday morning at the local park. If he can do it, a 21 year old earning thousands of week playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe should be able to do it and should want to do it.

This thing personally really grinds my gears because I was the opposite. For every Iwobi or Pennant, you'll get a young pro who wouldn't even dream of going out the night before training or a game. For me, he's been caught out once. I'd give him an absolute bollocking, really rip into him, then shake his hand and say make sure it doesn't happen again. If he does it again, then I'm afraid he doesn't deserve anything.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Feel a bit sick in the guts reading this . Hope this isn't true , he's let his team mates down and the Club if it is . Sadly it would explain how his shooting and passing hasn't improved one iota.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom