• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
But there's no proof that Iwobi was drinking or smoking, the only wrongdoing here was being out that late 48 hours before the game.

Reads like it was the night before the game to me?

Either way, that’s appalling from Iwobi. I slammed Giroud for his late night escapades before a game and the same holds true here.

Awful attitude. Doesn’t even matter if he was stone cold sober. We’re playing a game every few days at the moment and sleep is so important.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The night before the game they would have been in the hotel in Nottingham I think. This was Friday night going into the early hours of Saturday morning, which is still problematic because I've heard ex-players talk about Wenger's strict rule about not going out 48 hours before the match.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if he'd played the match of his life, maybe he could be excused, though perhaps it's as well he didn't, otherwise they'd all be at parties until 4am just before a match

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Either way, that’s appalling from Iwobi. I slammed Giroud for his late night escapades before a game and the same holds true here.

Awful attitude. Doesn’t even matter if he was stone cold sober. We’re playing a game every few days at the moment and sleep is so important.

That's what I thought when I first read it but early hours Sat suggests he was out Fri night into Sat.

Alex Iwobi will be fined by Arsenal after partying until the early hours of Saturday morning ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup defeat at Nottingham Forest, boss Arsène Wenger has confirmed.

say yes

forum master baiter
The night before the game they would have been in the hotel in Nottingham I think. This was Friday night going into the early hours of Saturday morning, which is still problematic because I've heard ex-players talk about Wenger's strict rule about not going out 48 hours before the match.

Actually yeah, it says the photo was taken on Saturday morning and we played Sunday so that’ll be it.

Still **** from Iwobi tbh. Idiotic to get his picture taken too.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

yeah I thought it was the night before the game too and as you/someone said no proof he was doing drugs or drinking(can't trust the sun). Still unacceptable behaviour, but not as bad as I originally thought..

He needs to get himself sorted though and take his career seriously if he wants to make it.

Reactions: A_G

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Remember that guy from Aston Villa everyone was hyping up as the next wonderkid a few years ago? Grealish, was it?

Never understand ****s that lucky wasting it all. Show a bit of ****ing self-control. Sad that Iwobi seems to be going the same way. Thought better of him.
These kids live off the talent they got. In youth level they breeze through the ranks not having to put in a shift because they got all the qualities necessary to perform on that level. Others around them have to work hard and make sure they do everything in their power to even stay win the club. Big talents get groomed from day one, will never sit out a game and don't learn anything about work ethic or responsibility. There is no character development, because there is no need for. Pair that with the lifestyle of movie stars when they receive their insane paycheck it's really no wonder that some don't make it.

A spell in Germany or lower league in England would do wonders for these kids, where only hard work and unbreakable spirit gets you to the top.

Jae

''Unacceptable' Iwobi to be fined'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11201049

As Wenger says there, was on the Friday night.

Like others have said, if he'd have had the game of his life I don't think many people would be bothered. He's gone missing a fair few times for us this season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He's 21 years old, not seven, does he really need someone to tell him he shouldn't be getting pissed and smoking weed before a match?
Wenger managed Vieira, Henry, Fabregas, Anelka at the same age and they seemed to turn out alright.

I'm as fed up as anyone but to suggest Wenger has let him down is ridiculous, it's clearly the other way round.
He's a football manager not a babysitter.

People just shut off their brain and blame the manager for everything, gets very boring quickly..

Wenger gave him a career, Iwobi was never that highly rated in the youth set up and wasn't regarded among our best talents at the time. Wenger saw something in him that others didn't see and promoted him over others who were higher rated. He believed in him and gave him a starting debut(?) at camp nou and kept him in the team after that where Iwobi got his breakthrough.. He's been given every chance and belief by Wenger to take the next step and become a regular here, but he hasn't repaid that faith..

Now you can say he needs another manager to tell him what to do and simplify his game/tasks, but his problem seems to be mentality/attitude wise.. His work rate has been seriously poor a lot of times, he says he's going to improve his finishing, but there's no signs of that..

If anything, Wenger is to blame for giving him so many chances to prove himself, when Iwobi isn't justifying that faith in him. If Iwobi doesn't improve it's all on him, to suggest he was ruined by Wenger is laughable. Such a shame too as I had high hopes he would become an improved version of Hleb, he has the talent and opportunity, but lacks the mentality to be great.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Assuming he didn't get ****faced dont see much wrong. Token fine for causing bad publicity & its bigger news because of the bad result.

Not super late. Not the night before. Who cares.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Assuming he didn't get ****faced dont see much wrong. Token fine for causing bad publicity & its bigger news because of the bad result.

Not super late. Not the night before. Who cares.
If you don't sleep on the friday night for more than 7 hours you are already screwing yourself for the game 48 hours later. Sleep is hugely important. I would say this is a big deal. Fans pay big money to watch these over paid brats. The least they can do is be professional. There will be years ahead for this lad to party it up with all the money he makes.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
If you don't sleep on the friday night for more than 7 hours you are already screwing yourself for the game 48 hours later. Sleep is hugely important. I would say this is a big deal. Fans pay big money to watch these over paid brats. The least they can do is be professional. There will be years ahead for this lad to party it up with all the money he makes.
You're talking sense today.:eek:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We cant dictate when they sleep or for how long. Realistically how many are asleep at 3am on Friday if not playing the next day.

If not partying then something else... Just look how many play 40 games of Fut Champs over a game weekend!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We cant dictate when they sleep or for how long. Realistically how many are asleep at 3am on Friday if not playing the next day.
Um, yes we can. As is indicated by the fine. The ruling of no partying 48 hours before a game is not new either.
As for the second part. I'd say most of the professionals are. It is pretty common knowledge that you have to train pretty fecking hard to be at the top of this game. Winners know this and you can guarantee they have strict routines to keep themselves in good shape both physically and mentally. If you think people can run on a few hours of sleep, chopping and changing their routines weekly and still be at the top, you're delusional. That may work for a couple of seriously talented indivduals but the vast majority are putting in serious work to be who they are. CR7 is a prime example. Arguably one of the most gifted players I have ever seen.... BUT he also works damn hard to maintain that level and consistently improve himself.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not sure if anyone mentioned but he also gets the most fines from Per for being late to training.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Exactly you can't have focus tactically when all you are doing is trying to recover . Great sportsmen start visualising on what they are going to do the day before . This knob was probably texting his boys at training about the night before .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom