• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

He won’t be joining you lot mate, pretty sure about that.

He stays or leaves in the summer I think.

Yeah but 6 months prior to the end of his contract teams are allowed to sign him for next season. Like the Goretzka deal. Just surprised how quiet things are, might mean that he's signing with Arsenal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but 6 months prior to the end of his contract teams are allowed to sign him for next season. Like the Goretzka deal. Just surprised how quiet things are, might mean that he's signing with Arsenal.
It was looking ominous that he’d be leaving until a few weeks ago. For the last couple of months though he’s been great for us from what I’ve seen and seems to be happy here.
Honigstein seems to think he wants to stay and we will pay him what he wants.

Personally think him and Jack will sign new deals and that’ll be our January business done.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Özil likely to sign but with the situation we are in and no CL football he'll likely to leave

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What is going on here. WHy does this club f*ck about with this sh!t all the time. Last year it was Wenger, this year it is Özil and Sanchez, next summer will be Aaron and others. FFS, why can't we sort our **** out.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
there was a recent report that he intends to honour his contract, and as that chimes with some of the things he's said in the past, I suspect he'll stay till summer - and if we get CL next season maybe longer

he has the World Cup to look forward to and a marriage to arrange, and may well not want any disruption for now

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would we still offer him a huge signing on fee? I can't see Wenger being ok with basically having to pay for him again.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Will Özil stay if Sanchez goes. I don't care either way, he's not committed to the club if he's stalling on signing a contract, I bet Jack would bite their hand off for another contract.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Will Özil stay if Sanchez goes. I don't care wither way, he's not committed to the club if he's stalling on signing a contract, I bet Jack would bite their hand off for another contract.
Unfortunately it seems we are trying to low ball Jack in to a new contract. While I agree with the sentiment in light of everything else going on just get this one over the line. #hope

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I don't see how we can keep Özil with the route the club is going, unless there is a lack of interest from the top clubs but that's unlikely. The ball is in Mesut's court and I can't think of a reason why he'd stay here.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
What is going on here. WHy does this club f*ck about with this sh!t all the time. Last year it was Wenger, this year it is Özil and Sanchez, next summer will be Aaron and others. FFS, why can't we sort our **** out.

Can we kick Kroenke out of our club? done with him really.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, I think he's taken things too far to stay now. Why wait until the last 6 months of your contract to decide you want to stay? He must have had offers to stay and he's rejected them all to get to a point where he can leave.

The most likely scenario is he wants to honour his full contract and he'll leave Arsenal in the Summer (on better terms than Alexis) for another club but media are clueless on where.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Honestly, I think he's taken things too far to stay now. Why wait until the last 6 months of your contract to decide you want to stay? He must have had offers to stay and he's rejected them all to get to a point where he can leave.

The most likely scenario is he wants to honour his full contract and he'll leave Arsenal in the Summer (on better terms than Alexis) for another club but media are clueless on where.

You're probably right. I think the only chance to keep him is to sell Alexis now and get 2 top attackers (left & right) this month. If we finish strong Özil could be persuaded. If I put myself in Özil or Alexis shoes, I wouldn't have signed yet either because as it stands we dont have enough to offer them, not financially but on the pitch.

Malky

Established Member

If he does leave and joins United then footballs dead to me. I can take Sanchez joining City because I don't think he takes them up a level, or even massively improves them, but Özil at United, with Pogba and Matic behind him, could be the best midfield in the league.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Özil's PR team and agent are working quite and smooth and they don't want him to get the abuse like Sanchez.
The strange thing is there aren't any strong links bar United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom