• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Really hope Özil does stay he looked more than happy here.
Fair play to him if he chooses to sign on, but jesus, it'd show a serious lack of ambition , or lack of something, if a player of his calibre wanted to stay here. Sad to say about my club, but that's what it is.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wenger added that the inflation of transfer fees is “killing” the market and said more players will see out their contracts in an effort to receive huge signing-on fees at a new club.

Yeah whatever Arsène, that's only happening at Arsenal right now because we're a shambles with player contracts :lol:

Someone needs to remind Wenger that Liverpool just sold Coutinho for 140M

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fair play to him if he chooses to sign on, but jesus, it'd show a serious lack of ambition , or lack of something, if a player of his calibre wanted to stay here. Sad to say about my club, but that's what it is.
i guess he won many things in his career i don't think he'll have a problem if he end up not winning the CL or PL. he just feel comfortable here but things could change.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
i guess he won many things in his career i don't think he'll have a problem if he end up not winning the CL or PL. he just feel comfortable here but things could change.
It could be that... I'm sure he wants the CL to add to his collection though. But if he puts happiness over that, then fair enough.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah whatever Arséne, that's only happening at Arsenal right now because we're a shambles with player contracts :lol:

Someone needs to remind Wenger that Liverpool just sold Coutinho for 140M
We would have sold Coutinho for like £60m I bet. Liverpool took Barcelona to the cleaners, so would other teams like Sp**s or even big spenders like Chelsea.

For a club that is so cold and business orientated, we are really **** at hustling. The people in charge of contracts and transfers Are useless and should be sacked

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

As it stands I agree but a couple of signings this month could make a huge difference. We'll see!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As it stands I agree but a couple of signings this month could make a huge difference. We'll see!
some players put a higher value on things other than medals and cups - Özil was shy and reserved, with little English, when he came here, and I think he has valued being part of a team, and living in a city surrounded by friends - he has certainly come out of his shell - whereas the opposite seems to be true of Alexis

and he has his WC medal

he has also spoken of finishing his career in Turkey, so could well be contemplating getting as much money out of us before moving there - any Turkish team will pay him a massive signing on bonus

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
What's the definition of ambition though? Joining City, PSG, Real, Barca guarantees a relevant trophy each year.

Winning trophies with a struggling side you can play a major role in might speak of a different kind of ambition.

Which one is the smarter choice from a career point of view thats a different discussion ;)

Gerrard was an amazing player, but had he made different choices he could've been remembered for winning title after title and not just that one fluke CL title.

Anyway, you are probably dead on that it's more likely the warm cushioned life at a club that shows anything but ambition, where failure w/o consequence is an option is what keeps some players here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
some players put a higher value on things other than medals and cups - Özil was shy and reserved, with little English, when he came here, and I think he has valued being part of a team, and living in a city surrounded by friends - he has certainly come out of his shell - whereas the opposite seems to be true of Alexis

and he has his WC medal

he has also spoken of finishing his career in Turkey, so could well be contemplating getting as much money out of us before moving there - any Turkish team will pay him a massive signing on bonus

True. I do hope he stays, replacing your top player is not easy, replacing your top two is a nightmare.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Özil really is the only thing I looked forward to when watching us these days. It's evident we are so poor on the ball without him. We might have better players than him in the future but I doubt we'll have one who's as beautiful to watch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't think many big clubs are that interested in Özil, maybe United maybe Bayern at a stretch but after that any move he could make would be either sideways or backward. At least at Arsenal we'll continue to build the team around him and he'll be the star man of the team and most likely highest paid player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think many big clubs are that interested in Özil, maybe United maybe Bayern at a stretch but after that any move he could make would be either sideways or backward. At least at Arsenal we'll continue to build the team around him and he'll be the star man of the team and most likely highest paid player.
If they get Alexis, they'll want Özil in the summer. Özil seems to love London though.

Goon_si

What's the definition of ambition though? Joining City, PSG, Real, Barca guarantees a relevant trophy each year.

Winning trophies with a struggling side you can play a major role in might speak of a different kind of ambition.

Which one is the smarter choice from a career point of view thats a different discussion ;)

Gerrard was an amazing player, but had he made different choices he could've been remembered for winning title after title and not just that one fluke CL title.

Anyway, you are probably dead on that it's more likely the warm cushioned life at a club that shows anything but ambition, where failure w/o consequence is an option is what keeps some players here.
Let's be honest. Even as kids when we played 5 a side everyone always wanted to team up with the best players and dominate. It's no different when the players in question are professionals.

If I put myself in Alexis' shoes, I'd rather play with Aguero, Silva, Jesus, De Bruyne, than with Lacazette, Özil, Iwobi, Wilshere. Even if the pay is equal, not to mention if I'll even earn more with the better team. Let's be real, it's an easy choice for Alexis.

Gerrard isn't a good example since he was born and raised in Liverpool, it's his team. Alexis has no affiliaton to Arsenal or London.

It's all our fault. We failed both Özil and Alexis. We failed to build a proper team around them and with a manager that hasn't been run over by father time.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Özil is getting offers from United, City, Bayern, Juve as we speak.
But living in London and signing Jonny Evans and the Brazilian kid will convince him to stay :lol:
He could have signed a new deal months ago if he wanted to.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Özil is getting offers from United, City, Bayern, Juve as we speak.
But living in London and signing Jonny Evans and the Brazilian kid will convince him to stay :lol:
He could have signed a new deal months ago if he wanted to.
We only offered him a new contract in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom