• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it all depends on Johnny Evans. **** me, if I knew I'd be typing that 10 years ago, I'd have jumped under a bus.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sick of this ****. The transfer window is open.

Either sign up or get out.

You should be ashamed of yourself Mesut.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Sick of this ****. The transfer window is open.

Either sign up or get out.

You should be ashamed of yourself Mesut.
The guy is about to sign the LAST big transfer of his career. He stands to get a signing on fee of many millions of dollars should he run down his contract. He holds all the cards and whilst his motivation or actions might be unpleasant for Arsenal fans, he's just doing what's best for him. What most people in his position either in his profession or not would do.

say yes

forum master baiter
The guy is about to sign the LAST big transfer of his career. He stands to get a signing on fee of many millions of dollars should he run down his contract. He holds all the cards and whilst his motivation or actions might be unpleasant for Arsenal fans, he's just doing what's best for him. What most people in his position either in his profession or not would do.

That’s just not true though. When was the last time a team’s best player was refusing to sign a new contract with 5 months to go?

What Özil is doing/what the club have allowed him to do is practically unheard of at top level football and it’s disgraceful.

Should never have reached this point. Either sign him or sell him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That’s just not true though. When was the last time a team’s best player was refusing to sign a new contract with 5 months to go?

What Özil is doing/what the club have allowed him to do is practically unheard of at top level football and it’s disgraceful.

Erm.....Alexis Sanchez.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The more I listen to the arguments from you guys, the more I realise that its not as "rosey" as its made out to be.

Could be walking as well sadly.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
December 31st was surely the latest date to put all our cards on the table and offer him the maximum, no way would you want to be up against City, Utd, Bayern in comparison.

If he hasnt signed by now I imagine he has seen and turned down the biggest offer the club is willing to make.

I cant imagine Utd playing by the rules and will find a way around pre contract negotiations.

Last edited:

ClubLevel

There has been less talk about Özil from the press which suggests to me he is likely to sign a new deal than leave and go elsewhere.

Maybe he is waiting to see what happens with Sanchez and who we bring in to replace him before penning a new deal?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There has been less talk about Özil from the press which suggests to me he is likely to sign a new deal than leave and go elsewhere.

Maybe he is waiting to see what happens with Sanchez and who we bring in to replace him before penning a new deal?
Do you mean this January or in the summer? The thing is, the more a player runs down his contract, the more money they are making. Either they get a big wage bonus from the competition of clubs or a signing on fee.

If any other top club wants Özil in summer and he hasnt signed, then he is gone imo. If a PSG, United, Bayern etc standard club want him they will offer a much better package than us and it will be down to whether Özil is cosy in London, and whether we show ambition (so basically the former would be our only chance). If we do manage to keep him we will have to give him a lot of money because he has nothing left on his deal, much more than if we were renewing when he had 2-3 years left. Poor management.

I think the Özil situation is just slipping under this Sanchez fiasco, but until he's signed thats a big issue as well. If he is still an Arsenal player and the Jan window shuts without a renewed contract, he's much much more likely to leave than stay imo

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's not Ozils fault. It's the jack asses that run our clubs fault. The reason no other club finds themselves in this position is because they sell the player long before they get to this point.

Only at Arsenal can I ever recall players being allowed to get in to this position. Some clubs may have it as a one off but we have it as a regular occurrence. Sagna, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky all leaving for nothing in recent years. Now Özil, Alexis and Wilshere all in the same boat.

Ramsey, Welbeck, Walcott, Monreal, Cech and a few more lining up in the same boat for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom