• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Only thing is he struggled to control the game when we went ahead otherwise another good performance! Personally I still prefer him further up than in a midfield two.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Only thing is he struggled to control the game when we went ahead otherwise another good performance! Personally I still prefer him further up than in a midfield two.

He dropped a bit physically in the second half - that was obvious. He's played the most football he's ever played in these past few weeks.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why exactly has he not been offered a new deal yet? The only one who 100% wants to stay and he's being hung out to dry. I thought there was supposed to be movement toward the end of December?

Sick of being lied to by this club.

seriously no idea what's taking so long, announcing a new contract for Wilshere now would at least be one positive thing about Arsenal lately..

Losing Wilshere would hurt more than Alexis and Özil, This guy is top class, wants to stay here and become captain even in the state we currently are in.. If the club messes this up, I'll never forgive them..

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
When we play one touch...We look so good. When players dwell...We look horrible.

Our goal came from great one touch passing. Need to zip the ball around more.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He dropped a bit physically in the second half - that was obvious. He's played the most football he's ever played in these past few weeks.

Not suprised , he tackled , intercepted , controlled midfield , basically ran our team . Seriously not comparing them but it was like what Vieira used to do .

Gooner n Proud

Xhaka has been playing better alongside Jack as well.

True. But the results haven't been good enough though despite us having some easy fixtures recently.

Honestly he's a complete player who has a lot to offer but his best attributes are dribbling & close-control which would be of better use in a more advanced role.

Marmaduke

Honestly he's a complete player who has a lot to offer but his best attributes are dribbling & close-control which would be of better use in a more advanced role.

His drive is the best thing about him. Thats what the team is missing and what Sanchez brought to the team.

Currently most of the team are just happy to be passengers and let others do the work (like Özil and Sanchez).

Say what you want of Jack and Ramsey but they always give it their all and "go for it". Teams win with guys like that.

Gooner n Proud

His drive is the best thing about him. Thats what the team is missing and what Sanchez brought to the team.

Currently most of the team are just happy to be passengers and let others do the work (like Özil and Sanchez).

Say what you want of Jack and Ramsey but they always give it their all and "go for it". Teams win with guys like that.

He provides drive in abundance but his energy needs to be utilised in the best position which suits the team.

I disagree about most of the team being happy as passengers, there were certainly issues yesterday but most of the guys gave a fully committed performance but that's not enough at this level; intelligence and quality is just as important.

I guarantee if we had a midfielder like Arteta against Bournemouth once we got ahead he would've controlled things and slowed the game down to win us the points.

Marmaduke

I disagree about most of the team being happy as passengers, there were certainly issues yesterday but most of the guys gave a fully committed performance but that's not enough at this level; intelligence and quality is just as important.

I guarantee if we had a midfielder like Arteta against Bournemouth once we got ahead he would've controlled things and slowed the game down to win us the points.

The backline I won't criticize because I think they are just plain too young to make intelligent decisions throughout a whole game like you rightly pointed out.

Could very be just an issue of quality and instruction.

nick gould

I hope he stays fit for a long, long time for many reasons. One being that it stops Ramsey starting games for us. Secondly, he can be the legacy that Wenger leaves behind. We can say the old man failed in his last 12 years at Arsenal BUT, that spell produced Jack and Nelson and whisper (Iwobi).

IslingtonBornandbred

I hope he stays fit for a long, long time for many reasons. One being that it stops Ramsey starting games for us. Secondly, he can be the legacy that Wenger leaves behind. We can say the old man failed in his last 12 years at Arsenal BUT, that spell produced Jack and Nelson and whisper (Iwobi).

Sounds like you dislike Ramsey! No comment.

Don't want to be the one to break it to you, but there is no way Ramsey doesn't start when fit. He'll either play with Wilshere or without Wilshere but if he's fit he'll always play the majority of games. Wenger will find a way to get them both in.

Marmaduke

Don't want to be the one to break it to you, but there is no way Ramsey doesn't start when fit. He'll either play with Wilshere or without Wilshere but if he's fit he'll always play the majority of games. Wenger will find a way to get them both in.
We had a good period I remember a while back with Ramsey being forced into RW at the expense of some other players and in hindsight I agree with that decision. Ramsey there was much more helpful for us than Walcott or Ox with the setup we had.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Gary Neville on MNF: 'Jack Wilshere is the best English midfield player by miles, best I worked with in 4 years with England, would get into any team in Europe and live in it.'

hmm, maybe I do rate him as a pundit after all..

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Gary Neville on MNF: 'Jack Wilshere is the best English midfield player by miles, best I worked with in 4 years with England, would get into any team in Europe and live in it.'

I'd say best English footballer in general, but that's me. Yes, Kane is doing wonders right now, but I still think Jack is slightly better, particularly on pure ability - Kane makes me think of athletes who can take the smallest amount of talent and turn it into something great because they have a high work rate and a lot of determination. Fingers crossed Wilshere stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom