• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He's getting better and better. Just needs to capitalize on the right moments and build more confidence. Don't like him as a starter but this game time he's receiving is invaluable experience.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Loved the maturity he played with.. Very committed in his defensive work and did a great job on Moses, completed the most tackles in the game too..

Did great in the build up for our first goal too, desperately needs to fix his finishing, we need to work hard on it with him during the summer. Normally I'd say it's a confidence issue and if he starts scoring it will sort itself out, but his finishing technique seems to be the problem.

al-Ustaadh

Loved the maturity he played with.. Very committed in his defensive work and did a great job on Moses, completed the most tackles in the game too..

Did great in the build up for our first goal too, desperately needs to fix his finishing, we need to work hard on it with him during the summer. Normally I'd say it's a confidence issue and if he starts scoring it will sort itself out, but his finishing technique seems to be the problem.
He'll be playing with Nigeria in the World Cup over the summer. ;) I expect a big showing from him. Think he'll do well and generate a lot of talk.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He'll be playing with Nigeria in the World Cup over the summer. ;) I expect a big showing from him. Think he'll do well and generate a lot of talk.

Completely forgot about the world cup :lol:

A great showing there would be better than any training tbh.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t know what his number were like at youth level, but once or if he sorts out the finishing his numbers will shoot up. Apart from Giroud I can’t think of any other player that gets into as many goal scoring positions only to fluff them.

al-Ustaadh

Don’t know what his number were like at youth level, but once or if he sorts out the finishing his numbers will shoot up. Apart from Giroud I can’t think of any other player that gets into as many goal scoring positions only to fluff them.
Welbeck?

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Really poor first half but much better in the second half, grew in confidence, retained possession and used the half spaces well. I forget how young he is sometimes; theres still lots of time for improvement.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He had a pretty good game over all, but misses like the one he made are what are keeping him from making the next step up as a player. A top player would have finessed that into the corner, he needs to get on that.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Hmmm, hé just doesn't seem to settle in the wing or advanced role does he?
Would love to see him in a system with 3 cms, in the center linking up play and relieving pressure.
Doesn't have the pace or explosiveness but his touch and control fit the middle deeper role

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A better performance spoiled only by poor finishing. His defensive efforts were on point and that was lacking a few weeks ago so I hope he works on improving his finishing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I keep saying it, he has something and must be delivering great things in training for him to keep getting starts.

Glimpses of real quality.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

A positive from yesterday is that he seems to get better mentally. Remember the days where Ox would do something brainless in the first minutes and then be of no use for the rest of the game? I like that Iwobi regains his composure so quick, he’s still so young and this was a big game.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Probably a hundred players like him in Europe. A few hundred in the world. Moderately talented, occasionally high quality but not enough consistency or end product. People go "imagine how good he will be in a few years", however the projected progression is never realized. Iwobi is a guy who got close to his full potential relatively early which fooled some people into thinking he's some kind of super talent. Sadly, he's not. He's a decent player, don't get me wrong, but will likely never be much more than that. Then again, a guy like him would still cost £20m in current market so it's better to get these guys from own youth ranks than buy from elsewhere. Decent option to have for rotation.

Last edited:

Might be moved down to midfield role in the end if he can't improve his end product and also if he shows the same defensive contribution as he did yesterday!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
H
He had a pretty good game over all, but misses like the one he made are what are keeping him from making the next step up as a player. A top player would have finessed that into the corner, he needs to get on that.
he is very close to that next level. What I like about him when he misses final balls is that he still keeps on trying, without doubtibg himself. Definitely plays more naturally when on the left. Will learn a lot from Mkhi. Just like he did from Özil by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom