• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His defensive work surprised, that's never been his strength. Got the better of Moses a few times.
Don't get the hate for this guy.

He's still young and has a great engine. He's no kick and rush merchant like Ox either. Great strength and can dribble a bit.

Defensively he's excellent, tends not to dive in, just sticks a foot out quickly to dispossess. Got the better of Moses for sure.

His weakness is that he gets into good positions to either make a killer pass or shoot, and then he panics. A bit like Ox. That composure in front of goal is a very hard last step and many don't make it.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's a really good athlete, I feel at times he should play a different type of game, more of a direct running game. I remember him against Watford last season when he ruined their fullback and nearly got us back into the game from 0-2 down.

I don't think he'll ever be that good as a playmaker, he's too flaky in possession. Bit of a jack of all trades at the minute.

Can't recall a better performance from Alex. I still don't believe he has Arsenal starting 11 quality yet, but that was a big performance from him and I hope he can continue with this.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He's a really good athlete, I feel at times he should play a different type of game, more of a direct running game. I remember him against Watford last season when he ruined their fullback and nearly got us back into the game from 0-2 down.

I don't think he'll ever be that good as a playmaker, he's too flaky in possession. Bit of a jack of all trades at the minute.

He is a good youngster. He just hasn't found that end product yet but it will fall into place. He plays very well on the left and if he could convert some of his chances and keep his focus when passing, people would be creaming themselves at the prospect.

Also, he could also make a very good number 10. He already has good distribution (when he doesn't **** himself) and had the physical and technical attributes to excel there. It simply comes down to his end product, which can be worked on.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i'm interested to see how he would do in a league that's less physical and gung-ho, more settled and based on technically, sound, passing teams that value thinking over hussle.

can we loan him to valencia?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
One thing about his game that I love, he’s very good in tight areas. It’s easy to see why Wenger enjoys using him, he suits our game nicely. Has a brilliant touch and turn in him.

Unfortunately for him, the departments that make a player top class are the departments that he severely lacks in. Plus, I don’t think he has much self belief. But he’s young and will improve.

Reckon he might do a Lingard. We might not see considerable progress till he’s 24/25. He’s a handy player to have though, don’t mind persisting with him at all.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One thing about his game that I love, he’s very good in tight areas. It’s easy to see why Wenger enjoys using him, he suits our game nicely. Has a brilliant touch and turn in him.

Unfortunately for him, the departments that make a player top class are the departments that he severely lacks in. Plus, I don’t think he has much self belief. But he’s young and will improve.

Reckon he might do a Lingard. We might not see considerable progress till he’s 24/25. He’s a handy player to have though, don’t mind persisting with him at all.

Always felt that off field stuff has stagnated him a bit . Once he get's his head down he'll push on .

Wryer

Bags of potential. Technically fantastic with excellent control. Physically deceptively strong.

Weak in game focus and naive defensively. Typical weaknesses for a young player.

He is where he should be. Peripheral youth player who have a good game and a stinker every now and then. In the grand scheme of his career, I think he is pretty much on point development wise.

Will be interesting to see him in the World Cup.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Always felt that off field stuff has stagnated him a bit . Once he get's his head down he'll push on .
I agree.

I draw some parallels to Jack here. In a recent interview Jack says that he took training and being focused too lightly in his earlier career days and would be the last to arrive and first to leave after practice. Now he's changed those habbits and said it has a huge influence on him.

Think that is very much the same for Alex here. We need to get his head into it - the physical and technical attributes are all really solid. Just needs that last bit to push him to a complete breakthrough.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I don’t want to single out players after today’s tactical humiliation at the hands of Swansea but this was Iwobi’s worst performance in an Arsenal shirt today. Lost count of how many times he lost the ball and misplaced passes. Apart from that he was invisible for most of the game.

0/10 display. Don’t understand why he is defended so much on AM simply because he is a youth product. Age shouldn’t be used as an excuse for his bad performances when users here don’t cut Chambers and Holdig the same slack!

Fact is that he wouldn’t be starting in any of the other top six clubs. Crap crap player. Just sell him!

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't get the hate for this guy.

He's still young and has a great engine. He's no kick and rush merchant like Ox either. Great strength and can dribble a bit.

Defensively he's excellent, tends not to dive in, just sticks a foot out quickly to dispossess. Got the better of Moses for sure.

His weakness is that he gets into good positions to either make a killer pass or shoot, and then he panics. A bit like Ox. That composure in front of goal is a very hard last step and many don't make it.

Wouldn't say Ox is a kick and rush merchant at all. If anything I'd say he's the more rounded player of the two. His passing range is exceptional and he is a better dribbler and finisher. He just needed micromanaging, like Iwobi does.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Obviously a very talented player but has looked lost for the past season and a half.
Shame, looks super for Nigeria. Hoping he has a great World Cup and we can con a team into paying 40 million.
Want guys like Nelson and Nketiah to have a chance now. We need productivity...not sideways passing. Iwobi never wants to take the responsibility in making things happen. That's what separate World Class players from average ones.
World Class players force the action.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
He was mediocre when he first broke through,.
I do not agree with this. I was very excited when he first burst into the scene. I remember him scoring in that 2-0 win at Goodison park a couple of years ago. I had high hopes back then (like I once did for Theo and like I do now for Nelson). However, Iwobi has been awful for quite some time now and has shown no signs of improvement. He had a mediocre 16-17 and has had a terrible 17-18.

now he’s ****. I want him out.
This I agree with one hundred percent. Need to cut our losses with him as soon as possible. I would rather invest in Nelson, Eddie and AMN. Hope he has an alright WC so Arsenal can get around £25-30m for him.

Sanis

Every time I see him in the starting eleven, my enthusiasm to watch the game drops by half, it’s like playing with 10 players. He can play like s****, violate clubs rules, party before the game and still keep his starting place... could you imagine this in any other Premier league club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom