• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Also part of the reason we get signings like these is because of Wenger. Wether you rate him or not as a tactician/manager, the fact that he brought names like Özil and Sanchez in first place given our poor win record speaks volume of his stature.

Now Auba, we might come out of this season not too bad. Just need Wilsh on a new deal.

Disagree. We are Arsenal, still a big club that can pay great wages. Post 2013, the only English clubs that would have been more attractive, were Manchester City and Chelsea. More recently United, because they have Mourinho. Also, speaking of win rate, in the 4.5 year period since Özil, we've won 3 trophies and other than this season, were in the champions league (20 years in a row).

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I wonder if quick incisive passing will ever make a return. Still so excited at signing both PEA and Mkhi (and let's not forget the main event :eek:ops:) but our current setup is designed to starve strikers.

You could argue that teams sit deeper therefore starving us of runs but the amount of times we opt for a short pass when there is someone (Lacazette) running in behind is bewildering. We need to shift the ball quicker and I am advocating for El Nenny to retain his role in midfield/defence until the end of the season.

We seriously need to get Özil back centrally full time as playing him on the wing isn't utilising him to his best. PEA and Lacazettes salvation depends on it.

gooner36

I am very excited for Aubameyang and what he might bring to the club based on his Dortmund career though another striker would definitely not have been the position I would have spent £50m+ on especially since we are lacking in a good defensive based midfielder but it feels nice to sign a superstar

Wryer

...and other than this season, were in the champions league (20 years in a row).

For all the jibes and sniggers that we've had for achiving this, I think all the **** clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Sp**s now realize how tough it is.

Zyrth

Hopefully we bring back our quick passes. Otherwise the threat of auba will be quite dulled. I’m sure he’ll still do well to score since he’s a poacher type striker, but we really need to ditch the dithering and backpasses to our CHs from our midfielders and fullbacks.

I think we need to do more drilling to get the midfielders more involved in our build up. They hardly offer themselves as passing options or combinations to our fullbacks. Every time the ball gets to bellerin he’s forced to passing backwards. And out of our 3 midfielders (Ramsey wilshere and xhaka), only wilshere looks to play quick passes forward. They are all good players but we need to rework their play style at the very least. Elneny and wilshere in midfield for me at least for now, we need the points.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guy has averaged a goal or assist per game since moving to CF with a huge chunk of them being goals.

I know our team isn’t exactly the best environment for attacking (or defensive) players but I’m hoping his quality will be enough to negate that.

Optimistic I know, but one can hope.

Well yeah optimistic but also he's not dropping into a vacuum, he can influence the team as well to play better and then benefit from this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The guy has basically unlocked a whole new dimension for Özil. Remember all those beautiful passes he played through to Walcott in his first season that ended up in the stands? Auba will put them away. Now factor in that he's got Mkhi too? He's going to terrorize teams.

Axel9090

Argh ffs, couldnt see Mikky start and now maybe Aubameyang... so frustrating possibly having to wait another week AND the NLD is the next game, so he'll come in not having played a game to gel a little.

AInsleyGooner

Chelsea finished really low the season after winning the title.. leicester won the title... fergie left and manchester unites went to ****s.. dont underestimate the inportance of a manager.

It is important for arsenal to keep wenger for the remainder of his contract and continue to improve backstaff/backstage behind the scenes in my opinion.

I WANT WENGER OUT.. but i think we should do it with great care and precision to ensure that when he is gone, the new manager can hit the ground running.

I think gazidis is doing a good job preparing arsenal for life after wenger. We shall see...

For now, just support the team.. we signed Aubameyang FFS! Rejoice!

90% of the fans would have taken auba, miki and Özil extension for theo, alexis and giroud

F@$KING enjoy it guys.

but the point you miss is that we haven't won the league? all those teams have and suffered a drop off, we've had our drop off already and we're still suffering it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom