• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Arsenal can still win the Premier League this season, says Mohamed Elneny
fan-2.jpg

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I know every team in the league could make the "If we'd have beaten X we'd be Y position in the league", but I feel our position is slightly more unique and justified. How many teams in the league have taken the lead against relegation fodder in the shape of Watford, Swansea, and Bournemouth only to end up losing? No one but use as far as I can tell. Even when other top sides have lost to these teams it's always been the case that they've gone behind 1st.

If we're behind in a game from the start or we are **** from the 1st whistle then I can't complain. But I don't think it's much to ask for that we hang on to a lead when we have one against such awful opposition. Those 9 points would see us challenging for 2nd currently. And we'd also have easier fixtures than Chelsea and United, so we'd be in a stronger position to finish somewhere in the top 4.

Our fragilities from top to bottom are obvious, and even more so against the better sides. But in the current state of the PL and the way other top teams are dropping points, it should still be enough to be in the mix with the other top sides. It massively disappointing that what should have been 9 very routine points have been thrown away and plunged us to new depths of failure. Even 4-5 points from those 9 and it's a better outlook, but to pick up 0, nothing at all, AND all from winning positions? It's really not an exaggeration to call that relegation form. ****ing unforgivably shocking.

Original_AAA

Can we still mathematically win the league?

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Yes, if we win our remaining games we'll end up with 78 points. All we then need to happen is that City takes no more then 6 points in their last 11 games.

However, a lot more likely is that we end up with the lowest number of points since the 95/96 season which is 63 points and we are right on course for that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Fort hose who think our strengths are engraved in stone and we can sail through any difficulties... we are now not even selling out games against top opposition like *ahem* Man City.

Two or three more years of this will see the end of the season ticket waiting list as even the touts give up.

nick gould

Yes, if we win our remaining games we'll end up with 78 points. All we then need to happen is that City takes no more then 6 points in their last 11 games.

However, a lot more likely is that we end up with the lowest number of points since the 95/96 season which is 63 points and we are right on course for that.
We know what happened 2 seasons later, we won the league. This could be a good omen.

Original_AAA

We know what happened 2 seasons later, we won the league. This could be a good omen.

Let's hope so, but it's highly unlikely. My guess is that we are entering a prolonged period of mid-table mediocrity. At the moment all I am hoping for is that we get more entertaining to watch again. Right now we neither getting points or fun to watch.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Do people remember when some thought that losing out on CL and playing EL with the likes of Iwobi would give us a better league campaign? I laughed at that then and look where we are now.

Utter mess of a season. We are becoming the new Everton. Not Liverpool.

Bradpiff

Those who voted 1st - 3rd come and explain please cause you can’t be arsenal fans and must be trolls

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom