• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Camus

Trusted ⭐
"I’m not a great fan of the Europa League being a qualifier, I think it’s not right. But if it’s an opportunity we have to try and take it as well. But the priority is still to be in the Premier League.” - Wenger

What the actual ****. He justifies this laughable comment by saying last season United weren't concentrating on EL at this stage. That's because after 27 games United were 4 points behind 4th, but with 2 games in hand ahead of 4th place Liverpool. So they were totally in control of their top 4 ambitions. Whilst we will potentially be 8 points behind after everyone plays this round of fixtures.

If he'd just said the league isn't done yet then I'd have just passed it off as a token comment to stop the players and fans from totally downing tools in the league. But his comments about not liking EL giving CL qualification tells me this is Wenger's actual belief. Zero realism. It's a trophy, a European trophy no less, something he's never won and something that's in very short supply at this club. And it gives you a CL place with all the revenue that comes with it, something which this club's board so desperately loves.

EL isn't a joke this year imo. AC Milan, Lazio, Lyon, Marseille, Atlético Madrid, Napoli and Dortmund. Any other year and those are CL caliber clubs. At those are just the big names, plenty of dangerous clubs beyond those that don't have the big name draw. Odds on us avoiding all of the teams I listed are almost impossible, at some stage (hopefully in the later stages if we make it) will meet them and we need to be taking this competition as top priority.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One of the most disappointing things about this season has been the fact that the main 11 has only had to play one game a week because of the EL. Yet we've seen no improvement, where the hell would we be if these guys were actually fatigued from midweek fixtures.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
"I’m not a great fan of the Europa League being a qualifier, I think it’s not right. But if it’s an opportunity we have to try and take it as well. But the priority is still to be in the Premier League.” - Wenger

What the actual ****. He justifies this laughable comment by saying last season United weren't concentrating on EL at this stage. That's because after 27 games United were 4 points behind 4th, but with 2 games in hand ahead of 4th place Liverpool. So they were totally in control of their top 4 ambitions. Whilst we will potentially be 8 points behind after everyone plays this round of fixtures.

If he'd just said the league isn't done yet then I'd have just passed it off as a token comment to stop the players and fans from totally downing tools in the league. But his comments about not liking EL giving CL qualification tells me this is Wenger's actual belief. Zero realism. It's a trophy, a European trophy no less, something he's never won and something that's in very short supply at this club. And it gives you a CL place with all the revenue that comes with it, something which this club's board so desperately loves.

EL isn't a joke this year imo. AC Milan, Lazio, Lyon, Marseille, Atlético Madrid, Napoli and Dortmund. Any other year and those are CL caliber clubs. At those are just the big names, plenty of dangerous clubs beyond those that don't have the big name draw. Odds on us avoiding all of the teams I listed are almost impossible, at some stage (hopefully in the later stages if we make it) will meet them and we need to be taking this competition as top priority.

Imagine prioritising the slimmest of chances of finishing 4th over winning a european trophy. Elite loser mentality.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Only the away win at Everton was down to a convincing performance, both games gt Burnley and Palace could've gone either way.

It really has been a car crash of a season. It's beyond me how the Board can still stick with Wenger, crash out of the EL and our campaign is over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only the away win at Everton was down to a convincing performance, both games gt Burnley and Palace could've gone either way.

It really has been a car crash of a season. It's beyond me how the Board can still stick with Wenger, crash out of the EL and our campaign is over.
Even the win against Everton was down to Keoman mess. defensively that day we were bad too at the back. Our best away performance this season was against Chelsea

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Wenger had to go in 2011.Really,since than we weren't close to win EPL and in CL we didn't past round 16.Not to mention that he didn't find right changes for Cesc,Nasri and RVP ,Song year later.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger had to go in 2011.Really,since than we weren't close to win EPL and in CL we didn't past round 16.Not to mention that he didn't find right changes for Cesc,Nasri and RVP ,Song year later.
I think him gone at 2011 would have put us in big trouble he somehow steady the things for us he should have gone in 2014 when we won the cup it was the right time back then financially we just starting the spending and of course we finish in top 4

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I think him gone at 2011 would have put us in big trouble he somehow steady the things for us he should have gone in 2014 when we won the cup it was the right time back then financially we just starting the spending and of course we finish in top 4

But even when he had money we didn't win the league.We had great chance to win it in 2016 with other teams look lost and under their level and we gave it to Leicester.We also should win it in 2011 even without big money spending.We had good players and we just gave it to Man Utd.

BobP

Memri Fan
If we were to win every game from now until the end of the season we'd end up with 78 points.

We all know that's not going to happen.

We'll be lucky to finish with 70+ points.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom