• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

As much as I'm hurt, angry, sad, disappointed...I agree with Mo.

I don't want him to be sacked, and definitely not in the middle of the current season.

Like Mo said, I prefer the board to have a private meeting with him behind closed doors and tell him that it's time to move on.

He deserves to have a proper send off, and if the board made the announcement today or tomorrow or next week that he's leaving at the end of the season, like that gentleman on AFTV said last week, we'll all get behind him and show our heartfelt appreciation...after all the man has built this club to what it's today.

We can't just forget about two decades of blood, sweat and tears even if he was handsomely rewarded for his services.

Last edited:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I want Kroenke out of the club more than anybody else.

Also let's not forget that the previous regime played a major role in our demise including the late Danny Fiszman.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I want Kroenke out of the club more than anybody else.

Also let's not forget that the previous regime played a major role in our demise including the late Danny Fiszman.

Of course but i think its unfair to say that Danny and the others created the situation that initiated our demise.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That's a cop out. I won't say Wenger out because or all the horrible things that camp has said. What about all the horrible things the Wenger In crowd has said?

I dont think we should reduce this to a pissing contest to be honest.

As much as Wenger's time is up and he may even need a hand in his departure, I feel we need to treat the man with respect in the process. Throwing him out into the cold is exactly what the media at large want, and are baying for.

We must maintain class during all of this.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Of course but i think its unfair to say that Danny and the others created the situation that initiated our demise.

Danny was instrumental in Kroenke buying his way in. He convinced others to sell their shares to Stan rather than Usmanov.

Only he can answer why he thought Kroenke was going to be a better owner than Usmanov. Maybe he just wanted to put one over Dean who as we know was in bed with Usmanov.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Danny was instrumental in Kroenke buying his way in. He convinced others to sell their shares to Stan rather than Usmanov.

Only he can answer why he thought Kroenke was going to be a better owner than Usmanov. Maybe he just wanted to put one over Dean who as we know was in bed with Usmanov.

He didnt create that situation. And at that time many Arsenal fans wanted Kroenke instead of Usmanov. Thats easy to forget today.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Arsenal’s spineless board has only one option left. Announce that they are terminating Wenger’s contract when Arsenal lose in the EL as well. There is no other course of action left.

It is sad that Wenger would have to be shown the door (after all that he has done over the years) but he won't do the right thing and walk this summer. The time for Wenger to walk with dignity and leave with his legacy intact is gone now. If he has any sense of self respect left he should come out tomorrow and say this will be his last season at Arsenal, so that the fans and the players can get behind him for the games left this season.

However, as I have discussed in my earlier posts in this thread, the old man has nothing besides football in his life and he will not walk on his own. Never! If we were to leave the decision up to Wenger then he would sign another ten year contract, till he can physically manage Arsenal.

On top of that, the man still thinks that he can turn things around at Arsenal. The board needs to wake the fu¢k up and see that this arrogant stubborn old man is not letting go of his job anytime soon.

Wenger has to be shown the door. Period. The question is, when? After Arsenal bow out of the EL, at the earliest, but preferably in the summer. If we can somehow miraculously win the EL, then that should be Wenger’s last hurrah and he must leave on the high note. Anyway you look at it, no way should he continue to manage Arsenal next season!

Jae

I think he's that stubborn he would sooner the board sack him than admit defeat and walk away. Even in his post match press conference today he was adamant that he is still the right person to take us forward.

FreakySami

I think he's that stubborn he would sooner the board sack him than admit defeat and walk away. Even in his post match press conference today he was adamant that he is still the right person to take us forward.
The board put him in an impossible situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom