• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HBL

Established Member
With it looking likely that Wilshere will leave we certainly have room to invest in one of these younger cm’s that are playing well in Europe.

I just want the summer transfer window now, excited to see what Aubameyang can do in a fully functional team, should we address the areas we need to.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Butland, Manolas, Koulibaly, Ndombele/Zakaria

F*ck it, just f*ckin f*ck it n buy a new defence already.

Stannis

He has a 30m release clause, and that hasn't changed. The worry would be either that there is now more competition for his signature or that he signs a new contract at Roma.

Yeah

At that price a lot of clubs would be in for him

HBL

Established Member
Gk
Two Cb’s
DM
CM
Winger

Six players and we have a seriously strong squad for next season.

HBL

Established Member
That’s a proper wish list, I think if money was no object mine would be;

Oblak
Koulibaly & De Light
Fabinho
Ndombele
Bailey

However, I’m not being greedy and I’ll settle for;

Lafont
De Vrij & Soyoncu
Kondogbia
Meyer
Malcom/Guedes

:D

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Need a goalkeeper. The likes of Oblak and Alisson are out of our league, one is arguably the best in the world while the other could end up a World Cup winner lined up by Real Madrid. I'd buy Jack Butland for around 30m and sell Ospina for around 10m. It's not glamorous business but it's pretty sensible.

Need a centre-back. To my eyes there are 5 CBs experienced enough to do a good job for us: Koulibaly, de Vrij, Manolas, Skriniar & Maguire. I know we're not the most powerful club out there, but I refuse to believe we can't get one of those five players. I've no problem with the club buying a young CB too if it can afford it, but if all we buy is a young CB then we'll all have to come to terms with the fact that it's not going to solve everything straight away. However good a young CB is they're still going to make mistakes of inexperience.

Need a strong ball-winner in midfield. Who knows if we'll play a midfield 2 or 3 in the future, but this is a quality the squad badly lacks. I'd go for Denis Zakaria (and try to get him in before the World Cup). He's still a bit raw and collects quite a few yellow cards, but his potential is immense. He has the physicality to dominate a midfield and I think this summer is the perfect time to get him before he really explodes. I also think him and Xhaka will be Switzerland's midfield for the next decade, so it makes a lot of sense. He's not the only suitable CM by any stretch, but something about him just feels right.

Need a right-back and a winger. Maybe it smacks of parsimony or it's just realistic, but I'd be fine with AMN and Nelson filling these respective roles. There's never a perfect transfer window at Arsenal, so as long as we get the players in the 3 areas of need I don't mind just promoting youngsters here.

Finally, make the North Bank a singing-only section, bring back the art deco crest and do away with that ring of legends wrapped around the stadium, or wallpaper of legends, or whatever they call it. It's naff. Take inspiration from the facade of Highbury and try to create a modernised version. You can't replace the glass bits obviously cos that's more structural, but overall it could be more eye-catching I think. But those are just personal gripes I have with the direction Arsenal's aesthetics have taken, just the players above will do for now.

Last edited:

Stannis

I'm sort of resigned to the fact that we wont be signing a proper wide forward, Nelson's promotion and the talk of PEA playing wide just confirm that.

Im pretty sure Welbeck would sign a new contract and that will be offered to him.

I hope we keep Hector unless Barca offer us 50 million plus, he shouldnt have signed a 6 year contract if he wanted to go.

So with the assumption that Ramsey stays and Jack leaves, I realistically hope for something like this., given a 70 million budget

Sell Perez (if anyone buys), Ospina and Chambers, loan one of Holding/mavraponas

1. Butland/Leno. Neither are the top draw, but they are probably the best we can do with right now. I actually like Butland, feel he is the best keeper in England, though we may be priced out. Leno seems to have had poor form recently but you have to be doing something right to be considered Germany's third keeper. A new challenge plus having Cech around should help him.

2. Koulibaly/Manolas. Price wouldn't be an issue with Manolas, it's just convincing him to come. Opposite problem with Koulibaly. I suspect it would be easier to convince him but harder to afford him.

3. Meyer on a free to replace Jack

4. Young midfielder to play the DM role. I like sander berge, but really I just want someone. People mention Wilfired Nididi but i suspect we will be priced out. Fahbino is a pipe dream at this point.

4.1 - or take the other route and get Sami Khedira. Yes, he is getting on a bit but he has been fitter and he is still class. Has a year left on his contract and with Can heading to Juve i can seem him leaving this year? He can reunite with Özil as well.

5. Not really a priority but if we need a versatile and cheap RB who can play CB as well then Arnaud Souquet is a good option though as others have mentioned AMN seems more than competent to take this job.

Theres also a case to sell Mustafi as well to free up more funds and buy Jonny Evans for 3 mill ontop of another CB. However as crazy as it sounds id keep Mustafi

Dembele on loan is the ultimate pipe dream but would be amazing

Some trash papers are linking us to Saul, i feel bad for just mentioning that, but we can all dream

HBL

Established Member
If we don’t make an attempt to sign Kondogbia I’ll be so annoyed.

Think Valencia have an option to buy for £24m, they might not even be able to pay that, aren’t exactly well known for big transfer fees. A £30m bid from other teams could tempt Inter, he is a good age now , at 25 and has plenty of experience.

I see him as a more mobile version of Matic, literally exactly what we need.

In reality we just need a more mobile dm, Xhaka is a decent player but he doesn’t have the mobility to play for a top PL side.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom