• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm sort of resigned to the fact that we wont be signing a proper wide forward, Nelson's promotion and the talk of PEA playing wide just confirm that.

Im pretty sure Welbeck would sign a new contract and that will be offered to him.

I hope we keep Hector unless Barca offer us 50 million plus, he shouldnt have signed a 6 year contract if he wanted to go.

So with the assumption that Ramsey stays and Jack leaves, I realistically hope for something like this., given a 70 million budget

Sell Perez (if anyone buys), Ospina and Chambers, loan one of Holding/mavraponas

1. Butland/Leno. Neither are the top draw, but they are probably the best we can do with right now. I actually like Butland, feel he is the best keeper in England, though we may be priced out. Leno seems to have had poor form recently but you have to be doing something right to be considered Germany's third keeper. A new challenge plus having Cech around should help him.

2. Koulibaly/Manolas. Price wouldn't be an issue with Manolas, it's just convincing him to come. Opposite problem with Koulibaly. I suspect it would be easier to convince him but harder to afford him.

3. Meyer on a free to replace Jack

4. Young midfielder to play the DM role. I like sander berge, but really I just want someone. People mention Wilfired Nididi but i suspect we will be priced out. Fahbino is a pipe dream at this point.

4.1 - or take the other route and get Sami Khedira. Yes, he is getting on a bit but he has been fitter and he is still class. Has a year left on his contract and with Can heading to Juve i can seem him leaving this year? He can reunite with Özil as well.

5. Not really a priority but if we need a versatile and cheap RB who can play CB as well then Arnaud Souquet is a good option though as others have mentioned AMN seems more than competent to take this job.

Theres also a case to sell Mustafi as well to free up more funds and buy Jonny Evans for 3 mill ontop of another CB. However as crazy as it sounds id keep Mustafi

Dembele on loan is the ultimate pipe dream but would be amazing

Some trash papers are linking us to Saul, i feel bad for just mentioning that, but we can all dream

What sort of sick sadistic rumour-peddler would link us to Saul and sow even a seed of hope in our heads? He has 8 years left on his contract ffs, not to mention the fact he loves his club and is also a ridiculously good player.

We're 6th in the PL, I sort of wish we'd stop getting linked to people like Oblak, Dembele and Saul. It's just not helpful.

HBL

Established Member
I’m glad I wasn’t a member on here when we were being linked with Mbappe last summer, that wouldn’t have been good for my health.

Hopefully one of the academy lads can be the next ‘big thing’ and make losing slightly more bareable.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The priority should be top quality players in the following positions. Ideally 2 x CB's (a new starting pair) but I don't see us doing that.

GK
CB
CM

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we don’t make an attempt to sign Kondogbia I’ll be so annoyed.

Think Valencia have an option to buy for £24m, they might not even be able to pay that, aren’t exactly well known for big transfer fees. A £30m bid from other teams could tempt Inter, he is a good age now , at 25 and has plenty of experience.

I see him as a more mobile version of Matic, literally exactly what we need.

In reality we just need a more mobile dm, Xhaka is a decent player but he doesn’t have the mobility to play for a top PL side.

That's a very good shout. I wonder why it didn't work out for him at Inter but I guess it happens. He was very good at Monaco, Sevilla and now Valencia, so he's clearly got something about him. Valencia fans are in awe of him this season. He's a good age and wouldn't cost the Earth. He can do a bit of everything. He picks up a lot of cards, but he could certainly handle the pace of the PL. Wouldn't be disappointed at all if we went for him. I guess only Doucoure is of a similar age and profile, but you sense Kondogbia has a bit more quality.

Reactions: HBL

HBL

Established Member
That's a very good shout. I wonder why it didn't work out for him at Inter but I guess it happens. He was very good at Monaco, Sevilla and now Valencia, so he's clearly got something about him. Valencia fans are in awe of him this season. He's a good age and wouldn't cost the Earth. He can do a bit of everything. He picks up a lot of cards, but he could certainly handle the pace of the PL. Wouldn't be disappointed at all if we went for him. I guess only Doucoure is of a similar age and profile, but you sense Kondogbia has a bit more quality.
Yeah I’m not sure why it didn’t work out for him at Inter. I think I’d struggle to identify a main weakness with him, his long range passing is impressive, more than adequate with the ball at his feet and he can pop up with a goal or two. Positioning could maybe be is one weakness, he tends to push up the pitch a fair bit, would probably have to address that if he was to join us. I love how he seems to be able to defend in multiple ways though, has the energy to press and win the ball back through tackling but also seems to read the game well. He is also used to being the more defensive player in a midfield two, through playing with the likes of Parejo at Valencia and Moutinho at Monaco.

Overall, I think this guy ticks a lot of the boxes we need for our defensive midfielder. I think a Kondogbia/
Ramsey partnership could work, two players with great energy and then if we have Xhaka/Meyer partnership plus Elneny as back up that would be great.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Looks like Kurzawa is for sale - around 25m€.

If someone wants to buy Kolasinac for more than 10m€, i would sell him and buy Kurzawa. Monreal is getting older and we will need a replacement.

Then the RB-Backup. I thought about Malcuit, did quite well this season. Isn't a talent, good football age and think he would be one to sit on the bench behind Bellerin.

Then i would like to have a left footed CB. We only have right footed. Lenglet looked good.

Aevi

Hale End FC
How many midfielders do you guys reckon we should sell and sign?

Most of the top 6 teams in the Prem only have 4 regular midfielders...

Man Utd: Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini
Man City: De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Gundogan
Chelsea: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Drinkwater
Liverpool: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Chamberlain, Lallana
Tottenham: Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks

...and we currently have that many in Ramsey, Xhaka, Wilshere, and Elneny.

Elneny just signed an extension and there's no sign of Xhaka going anywhere. Wilshere contract ends after this season while Ramsey's single year left means the club might be tempted to sell if he doesn't extend.

So who would you guys let go/sell, and what type of player (or which actual player(s)) would you bring in to complement who you'd keep? Would you keep us at 4 midfielders, or get a 5th?

I'd personally let Wilshere go no matter what and get a strong, defensively-capable player (à la Matic/Fabinho) in. And if Ramsey doesn't extend, also sell him and get a technically-gifted, attacking midfielder in like Golovin, Ceballos, Ndombele or Havertz.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many midfielders do you guys reckon we should sell and sign?

Most of the top 6 teams in the Prem only have 4 regular midfielders...

Man Utd: Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini
Man City: De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandinho, Gundogan
Chelsea: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Drinkwater
Liverpool: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Chamberlain, Lallana
Tottenham: Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks

...and we currently have that many in Ramsey, Xhaka, Wilshere, and Elneny.

Elneny just signed an extension and there's no sign of Xhaka going anywhere. Wilshere contract ends after this season while Ramsey's single year left means the club might be tempted to sell if he doesn't extend.

So who would you guys let go/sell, and what type of player (or which actual player(s)) would you bring in to complement who you'd keep? Would you keep us at 4 midfielders, or get a 5th?

I'd personally let Wilshere go no matter what and get a strong, defensively-capable player (à la Matic/Fabinho) in. And if Ramsey doesn't extend, also sell him and get a technically-gifted, attacking midfielder in like Golovin, Ceballos, Ndombele or Havertz.
I'd hate to see Wilshere go, even though it would be a logical decision.

For me, 4 starters plus a prospect is the minimum.

If Ramsey and Wilshere are both leaving, then we need three additions.

Also we need to get some good English midfielders, like Sam Field or Chalobah. I hate having a team full of foreigners.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'd take Nick Pope from Burnley. He's been brilliant this season and a massive upgrade on Cech.

I would have listed Alisson or Oblak but I feel they're out of our price range.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom