• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Maybe I worded it a bit awkwardly. I meant honesty as something he’s showing towards his players and is expecting the same in return.

As for him extending, I think he honestly believes he can turn things around. Unfortunately he’s failing miserably and should rightfully call it a day at the end if this season. Stubborn as he seems to be it won’t happen so either the board sack him or we have to endure another season of failures.

and there's the rub, Wenger is perfectly happy to tell players we'll challenge for the title like some dodgy snake oil salesman when they are signing and it suits HIM, I wonder what the likes of Özil and Sanchez were told when they signed on?
Same goes for the fans and promises made, there's a million and one quotes out there about how we will challenge for the title etc etc and none of that was honest from the man....

Dj_sds -

and there's the rub, Wenger is perfectly happy to tell players we'll challenge for the title like some dodgy snake oil salesman when they are signing and it suits HIM, I wonder what the likes of Özil and Sanchez were told when they signed on?
Same goes for the fans and promises made, there's a million and one quotes out there about how we will challenge for the title etc etc and none of that was honest from the man....

I think he genuinely believed it but just couldnt deliver.

shootxhakashoot

Fair enough. But we haven't won the league for 15 years, I think it's pretty expected for people to want a change. Some of the seasons we had prior to us finally winning trophies again were pretty awful. I'm still recovering from seasons like 08/09, 11/12 and 12/13.. awful memories.
The last 2 seasons top it all in terms of awfulness though surely?? It has been pure chaos on and off the pitch and the team isn't even much fun to watch anymore.
Whether they like, trust him, see him as a father or not, a lot of the players have turned on the manager in their actions either blatantly or inadvertently.
The fans have turned against the manager and players as well as the board and its really ugly, the club is a bit of a laughing stock and opposition fans just feel sorry for us now.
Its true that media like fantv doesnt help in some ways and stirs the pot but everything around the club has just become ugly the past few years, so cant blame people for letting off steam.
I for one wont blame individual players either, I think they are a fairly talented bunch that are being let down by footballing/administrative mismanagement. Pure and simple.
I just want to feel excited about the football Im seeing again instead of knowing we are going to have 60%+ of position away from home week in week out and still get turned over. Its boring, really really boring, even past George Graham boring.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The fans have turned against the manager and players as well as the board and its really ugly, the club is a bit of a laughing stock and opposition fans just feel sorry for us now.
Such a pertinent point here for me. Half the fun in this sport is teasing rival fans and displaying the 'bragging rights' as it were. Rival fans pity us now, they barely even have a dig now and I must admit it is telling on how far we have fallen down the pecking order.

shootxhakashoot

Such a pertinent point here for me. Half the fun in this sport is teasing rival fans and displaying the 'bragging rights' as it were. Rival fans pity us now, they barely even have a dig now and I must admit it is telling on how far we have fallen down the pecking order.
yep most mates or people I speak to who have an inkling about football just sort of shrug nowadays and look at me with pity (that could just be me generally though obviously ;)
I dont think they can make head nor tail of it all, we've become an oddity of a club where goals and ambitions are so mixed up. Where 60% possession and 4th place trophy is seemingly far more desirable than beating the likes of Bournemouth or challenging for a title.
The only tangible goal seems to be the making of more money for shareholders, which we are now failing at too!!

blaze_of_glory

FWIW - I think these early Sunday KO times have almost as much to do with the ****ty atmosphere as with our performances. **** time to watch footy.
I've missed so many games this year due to this ****. Hard to stay engaged waking up each Sunday to see the game's over and we've lost.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're the one who brought up fans in a thread about the manager.

You blamed the fans for our current predicament FFS :lol::lol::lol::lol:
No I didn't, I originally said the dispute between the fans and Wenger and the Board are likely affecting the confidence of the players. And that Wenger needs to leave. Nothing contentious there.

You came to your own conclusion. :lol:

pacstud

Wenger needs to leave.
Agreed.

The mob is not satisfied though. You must also disparage. You must say that the roster and the performance are solely his fault. You must say that we have a $hit roster, but someone else could win with that $hit. You must say the old man is an idiot and us lushes know more football than he.

It is not enough to want him gone. Add something in your siggy with f*ck this and f*ck that for added effect please.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Agreed.

The mob is not satisfied though. You must also disparage. You must say that the roster and the performance are solely his fault. You must say that we have a $hit roster, but someone else could win with that $hit. You must say the old man is an idiot and us lushes know more football than he.

It is not enough to want him gone. Add something in your siggy with f*ck this and f*ck that for added effect please.
:lol: That about sums it up. But you forgot, let's disparage anybody who doesn't join the witch hunt.

pacstud

:lol: That about sums it up. But you forgot, let's disparage anybody who doesn't join the witch hunt.
But that's just it, joining is not enough.

Win or lose in the Europa, I want him gone. I'm with those who say that last year's FA was a great send off (sadly missed). I think change alone will have a short-run boost effect. I'm excited.

I don't see why those attitudes require me to act like a four year old who has been told they can't have dessert.

Zaza

Wenger is 100 percent the problem of this team. Every time we concede a goal away, you get the feeling we're going to lose.

Look at the disgusting sub he made. Took out our main creator that day for an additional striker.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Let’s not act like Wenger didn’t just sell the goalkeeper he spent the best part of a decade grooming to be our no.1. Said goalkeeper is now going to take over from Buffon and be Juve’s no.1 but our manager thought he wasn’t good enough for us.
When he initially went on loan he wasn't good enough. Worrying trend that some senior players are moving on and improving or at least not getting worse. Ox, Debuchy, Sczesney being three that have improved since leaving. You could say the only senior player to leave and get worse has been Alexis, there must be some irony in there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The Wenger Out brigade are brutal. I posted something like regardless of your views on Wenger nobody should want us to lose out on the Europa League on a well known fellow Gooners twitter. Stated clearly I want Wenger gone but we've been through a golden period of success in terms of trophies won in the last few years. Separate the man from the club. Next thing I know I'm a **** a Wenger loving **** who should go **** himself and all this other nonsense. Everyone was liking and retweeting the posts, the more brutal the names the more likes. There is a lack of decorum.

Like **** me. I've wanted Wenger out before it was popular. When we were a fringe within a fringe. But the loonies have well and truly taken over the asylum.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This post is even funnier considering you accuse anyone you disagree with of frothing at the mouth and such :lol:
Let's jump in while Wenger boy's on the ropes.

:lol: That's not about people disagreeing, that's about people being aggressive bro.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't really post in this thread but let's not use ridiculous examples ok? Show some respect!
WTF is that about. You trying to say that people's views on Welbeck are consistent. I suggest you read his thread and come back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom