• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
This isnt the time for romantic appointments. The next appointment will show our ambition. If we want to win, Allegri/Simeone. If we are going the youngsters route we go Jardim. If we are just trying to carry on milking the cash cow, then rodgers/rafa/Arteta/Vieira. Change without a plan. Hit and hope. More pissing in the wind.
Not sure what category luis Enrique fits, unless we are signing Messi.

Preacher

Always Crying
Does anybody know something about Vieira as a manager, which I don't know. I bet nobody saw any his team games on here. What are his philosophy, strengths as a top manager ?

I think it would be too much of a shot in the dark. Current Arsenal can't take such risk.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Reading through these pages it struck me that a lot of people have been *****ing and moaning about getting rid of Wenger for quite some time and now they're not satisfied with anyone else. There are a number of good choices. None of them are perfect. But it's not like they're planning to drag in one of those Arsenal Fan TV idiots off the street and make them manager. They'll find somebody with a good resume who has a chance to succeed.

Benitez would be a bland choice and you can't really go wrong with him. But appointing Benitez would be like keeping Wenger. The team wouldn't be worse than it is now, but it most likely wouldn't be any better either. Hiring Benitez, you might as well let Wenger stay till the end of his contract and see how he does with the new signings.

I still find it very weird that Wenger is leaving this summer and not next to be honest....

IslingtonBornandbred

Does anybody know something about Vieira as a manager, which I don't know. I bet nobody saw any his team games on here. What's his philosophy, strengths as a top manager ?

I think it would be too much of a shot in the dark. Current Arsenal can't take such risk.

I'm not too bothered about the style of play or the "football" with NYCFC because they've aren't Man City where they have top players and he has a blank canvas to get the player's doing whatever he wants.

But from what I've seen of him in terms of the way he speaks, leads and addresses players and the relationships he builds, I think his strength as a manager will be the very same sort of things that were strengths as a player off the pitch in terms of his leadership and the standards he sets. I don't think he's a phenomenal coach on the training field, but he's more about the environment he creates, the mentality he creates etc.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Reading through these pages it struck me that a lot of people have been *****ing and moaning about getting rid of Wenger for quite some time and now they're not satisfied with anyone else. There are a number of good choices. None of them are perfect. But it's not like they're planning to drag in one of those Arsenal Fan TV idiots off the street and make them manager. They'll find somebody with a good resume who has a chance to succeed.
agree - I dread a mass outpouring of negativity when the new manager is announced - too much of that has gone on in the past few years, and I long for some positive thinking here and at the matches

Preacher

Always Crying
I'm not too bothered about the style of play or the "football" with NYCFC because they've aren't Man City where they have top players and he has a blank canvas to get the player's doing whatever he wants.

But from what I've seen of him in terms of the way he speaks, leads and addresses players and the relationships he builds, I think his strength as a manager will be the very same sort of things that were strengths as a player off the pitch in terms of his leadership and the standards he sets. I don't think he's a phenomenal coach on the training field, but he's more about the environment he creates, the mentality he creates etc.

Thanks.

We won't have the best players because of our budget, so I think we need very tactically astute manager. Of cource mental side of the game is also very important. New manager should command respect and be good motivator.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It was very easy to moan about Wenger, and now that he's leaving, every name being mentioned isn't good enough or special enough.

Wenger had at least 2 more seasons left in him at the club.... And I think people will be in for a shock once he does leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom