• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He couldn't coach ants out of a mole hill but some seem to villify him for no reason other than he never toes the line when it came to Arséne.

Should he be more greatful to the man he admitted had a guiding hand in extending his career? Certainly.

But he's a man entitled to his own opinions regardless of our finding them idiotic or disagreeable.

Oh, absolutely. But by the same token I'm entitled to my opinion that his opinions are idiotic and disagreeable.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He couldn't coach ants out of a mole hill but some seem to villify him for no reason other than he never toes the line when it came to Arséne.

Should he be more greatful to the man he admitted had a guiding hand in extending his career? Certainly.

But he's a man entitled to his own opinions regardless of our finding them idiotic or disagreeable.

He said no to "the club in his heart" because he wanted big cash in China. Big cash in China is probably a movie title btw but thats off topic.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It feels so nice to genuinely not care who gets the gig next.... I'd happily see a one year contract given to the winner of a raffle, as long as it'd mean no more 90 minutes of football with zero shots on target.

Preacher

Always Crying
Not much point in a sizeable turn over if the manager never sees any of it. Somehow the Kroenkes are sucking us dry.

Meanwhile we’re spending 5th and Liverpool’s Coutinho deal has given them a turbo boost. Unless this next manager is a genius we’re closer to Everton than City.
I think Gdeep should write 3-6 rather than 5-7. Then I'll agree.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
How’s he expected to earn a crust then?

giphy.webp

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He said no to "the club in his heart" because he wanted big cash in China. Big cash in China is probably a movie title btw but thats off topic.

You're probably thinking of "Big Trouble in Little China". Fantastic yet terribly under rated Kurt Russel movie.

He can have the big bag of Yuan. His short stint with Granada reminded me why it was a boon he decided to leave the post he was offered with us.

Last edited:

JimmyTheMac

Pep saying Arteta was integral to his set up, integral in the development of Sterling etc is not rumours.
Pep is just being modest imo. Pep has won everything there is to win without arteta there, and developed and improved so many players, without arteta. Arteta is just a cog in peps machine that would win and improve young players regardless of if he was there or not.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Pep is just being modest imo. Pep has won everything there is to win without arteta there, and developed and improved so many players, without arteta. Arteta is just a cog in peps machine that would win and improve young players regardless of if he was there or not.

So Pep could have appointed you instead of Arteta and nothing would have looked different?

CanadianGooner1608

Just need someone to motivate us enough to keep our home records where it's at (if not slightly better) and turn us into frekkin warriors away (i.e: not lose away at relegation level clubs, and maybe draw or squeeze wins out of the rest of the top 6).
Give me that and I'll be happy with whoever has done that job be it Arteta or Ancelotti or anyone between that age range.

Still... Jardim is the one who would make me jump out of my chair in happiness.

JimmyTheMac

So Pep could have appointed you instead of Arteta and nothing would have looked different?
Pretty much yeah. There's 5 other assistants there. Pep would've won the league and the players would've improved without arteta. He's just bigging him up. None of that is impressive enough to warrant managing a top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom