• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who knows maybe in a different tactic he’ll stop f*cking up

Dammit

I will give Cech a new chance under a new goalkeeper coach. Let's wait and see what will happen. If he fails again then get a new keeper in.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I will give Cech a new chance under a new goalkeeper coach. Let's wait and see what will happen. If he fails again then get a new keeper in.
The guy is clearly past it. No amount of coaching will elevate him any more. If we are passing up the opportunity of signing Allison for 40mil or Leno (can't remember tag) then I feel for Emery.

FEH

This guy is one of the worst keepers in the league at this point. Proven by facts. Only one to make more errors leading to goals than Hart. As a keeper you need quick reflexes. His have gone.

Buy Dubravka and gtfoh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cech getting No1 highlights the ambition of this club! We may as well recall Jenks from loan to really complement this defence. When's Kos back anyway!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You can try to spin it any which way you like, but this isn't good news. Hopefully this is just modern football being a prick and messing about with squad numbers, cos if Cech is actually our starting GK next season that is an utterly pathetic state of affairs.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yNlQWRM.jpg

IslingtonBornandbred

If we get to the stage where Cech is the main liability then I think we'll have done well.

I've been disappointed with him especially given his experience. He's shown a lack of leadership, poor communication and an indecisiveness with the ball at his feet alongside some shambolic distribution and clearances.

That said, I think if the defence is improved alongside the stability and structure of the team then you could get another year out of him and there's bigger fish to fry if the budget doesn't allow to go out and get another top keeper. I'd probably take Jack Butland over him though if he's available on the cheap.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Can he still make the odd top shelf save? Yes. But those increasingly fleeting moments are now outweighed by boneheaded blunders. The leaky unit in front of him is partially to blame but many of his troubles last season were on his own shoulders and you don't really fancy him having a renaissance at 36. The club can and should be looking for a long term replacement who can perform at an absolute top level. It's absolutely criminal that a club this size has not had world class keeper play in over a decade. United had a couple of dodgy years with Barthez and a young Tim Howard but they essentially went from long periods of Schmeichel to VDS to DDG and look at how many places in the table DDG has been worth to them.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Really would be a disappointment if he remains first choice when the season starts. One that we’ve become accustomed to but disappointment none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom