• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Barthez was brilliant entertainment - he was either making a brilliant save or doing something completely mental.

Taibi was the perfect example of how ruthless Ferguson was with keepers, he signed him as 3rd choice, played him in a couple of games and decided " you're ****e son " and binned him at the first opportunity. If that was Wenger he would of kept him for the next 5 years as first choice - see Almunia.
Wenger's a joker at times :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
It says us and Liverpool are going for him, "according to reports in Spain".

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It says us and Liverpool are going for him, "according to reports in Spain".
Oh FFS. No way this happens unless we sell him big time on a promising project. He can go to Liverpool and not win anything if he wants though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm not even going to get excited about. I'd happily spunk 80mil on him and sign no one else. I'd even consider keeping Mustafi if we signed him.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I'm not even going to get excited about. I'd happily spunk 80mil on him and sign no one else. I'd even consider keeping Mustafi if we signed him.

I never thought there would be a day where the potential signing of a goalie would be more exciting than any other signing we could make. That's how bad we need a good one. Strange times we live in. But yeah it isn't happening. Maybe we should go for the one Atleti are looking to replace Oblak with?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We could do it net spend would be quite high. Would be enough for 4th though i reckon

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Have you forgotten what happened the last time we signed a goalie and no one else?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have you forgotten what happened the last time we signed a goalie and no one else?

Yes but the time before that one we won the league without losing a game.

Though, I'm not supportive of the idea at all, especially if it means Mustafi starting games. I don't want us to be a team that's defence is utter **** so we have to rely on our keeper to bail us out time and time again. I'd rather have a solid defensive structure and a decent at best keeper than a rubbish defence and a world class keeper.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yes but the time before that one we won the league without losing a game.

Though, I'm not supportive of the idea at all, especially if it means Mustafi starting games. I don't want us to be a team that's defence is utter **** so we have to rely on our keeper to bail us out time and time again. I'd rather have a solid defensive structure and a decent at best keeper than a rubbish defence and a world class keeper.

In all fairness, with a few out goings, I don't see why we couldn't have Sokratis, Stephan, that young CB and Oblak.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In all fairness, with a few out goings, I don't see why we couldn't have Sokratis, Stephan, that young CB and Oblak.

Ah fair enough, I thought you literally meant signing no one.

Tho, I'd still like another CM to partner Xhaka.

G0D

Almighty
If Greizmann went to Barca, and Atletico offered you a Oblak ~ Lacazette swap, would you take it?
Yes. I like Laca but he isn't really needed in all honesty. Trading Laca for Oblak wouldn't be a bad deal as would then leave space for a winger that actually plays wide rather than forcing Auba on the wing to fit both Auba and Laca on the pitch.

Taxi Driver

I'd be okay with our only signings this window being Oblak, Sokratis and Lichtsteiner.

Would rather one world class player + couple of opportunistic buys than more players of the latter category.

Still, it's a rather unlikely scenario, but it would be marvellous to have a goalkeeper we could use as a basis for our defence overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom