• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season 18/19

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
can they come back earlier if they want to? Monreal didn't play at all, so does the rule still apply?
I think so, I remember a few years ago Chambers and Gnabry both came back to pre-season early after not playing at the U-21 Euros.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So those not in training so far?

Leno - one more week off?
Xhaka/Lichsteiner/monreal - just started their few weeks off
Özil/elnenny - already a week into holiday
Welbeck - still involved
(Torreira - still involved)

Missed anyone?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
So those not in training so far?

Leno - one more week off?
Xhaka/Lichsteiner/monreal - just started their few weeks off
Özil/elnenny - already a week into holiday
Welbeck - still involved
(Torreira - still involved)

Missed anyone?

You missed Iwobi I think. :) Also a week into holiday already.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Would be ideal if Uruguay lose tomorrow so we can get the Torreira signing wrapped up and for him to begin his holiday. He would likely be in training last week of July.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What about Joel Campbell who played for Costa Rica in the WC, when does he get back? I saw Perez I think in the training videos & gallery.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I rate Campbell pretty highly, it will be pretty interesting to see what Emery does with him. Campbell in the few appearances he has made for us has never let us down.

Gursha

Finally we'll see a good pressing side!

EDIT:
LOL watch at mustafi, he is turning his body the wrong way to the instruction ( watch rob holding do it perfect earlier) still he shouted " perfect!" lol, he needs to be positive no matter what at the start, so much to teach them about it ^^

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Bould was cutting a bit of a forlorn figure on the sidelines there - poor old boy must be wondering what's hit him

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not drawing too much conclusions from those training clips. We did have clips like these with Wenger in charge - not as much as now, but I think the media team are capitalizing on the new manager effect, hence the magnified focus on training.

I will say that, the prominence with which fringe youngsters are being seen is interesting (particularly Willock in both videos) but ultimately won't matter much once other players return from holiday. We will see the team take more shape once we actually play a preseason game v Boreham Wood next week.

Wryer

I love how Mavropanos fearlessly slid into a tackle in a monkey practice.

We cannot afford to let this talented youngster weaken his natural game and evetually slip into oblivion.

Too many of such lost gems over the past decade. This stunted the club and forced us into poor panic buys in the market.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not drawing too much conclusions from those training clips. We did have clips like these with Wenger in charge - not as much as now, but I think the media team are capitalizing on the new manager effect, hence the magnified focus on training.

I will say that, the prominence with which fringe youngsters are being seen is interesting (particularly Willock in both videos) but ultimately won't matter much once other players return from holiday. We will see the team take more shape once we actually play a preseason game v Boreham Wood next week.

We had clips when Wenger was in charge, but did we see any active coaching. Mustafi being shown how to jockey and to position his body while turning is specific coaching that has been made open to the public. I can't remember seeing that before.

The smallest things can improve this team by the biggest margins. Having every player closing down and showing the correct way with correct body positioning at all times creates massive improvement.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom