• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's trying to achieve something with these comments, getting his players fired up maybe. I'm not sure if it'll work tbh, he's already had fallings out with a few of the players as it is, I don't think many of these players will seriously fight for him. I could be wrong but it's just the impression I get.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's trying to achieve something with these comments, getting his players fired up maybe. I'm not sure if it'll work tbh, he's already had fallings out with a few of the players as it is, I don't think many of these players will seriously fight for him. I could be wrong but it's just the impression I get.
Who’s he going to fire up? Smalling and Jones?

Shaw, Pogba, Martial hate him. Lukaku comes back from a great WC playing with De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens and now has to chase long balls again. Alexis doesn’t give two ****s about Mourinho, he’s dissing all the young players. We just need a couple shock losses and the true meltdown will begin.

I cannot wait. Don’t think I hated a rival manager for as long as I hate Mourinho.

Song Billong

He's just being a sour old khunt because he hasn't been able to outspend everyone else like he's used to. That's why he was going after Klopp IMO and made that 'I gave them a list of five players, maybe I'll get one' comment.

The list was probably the five untouchables though.
Ronaldo
Messi
Neymar
Mbappe
Elnenny

carlito'sway

Established Member
Who’s he going to fire up? Smalling and Jones?

Shaw, Pogba, Martial hate him. Lukaku comes back from a great WC playing with De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens and now has to chase long balls again. Alexis doesn’t give two ****s about Mourinho, he’s dissing all the young players. We just need a couple shock losses and the true meltdown will begin.

I cannot wait. Don’t think I hated a rival manager for as long as I hate Mourinho.

I truly can't understand how this guy can be such an insufferable prick. He is so entitled and has zero self awareness. I doubt he will be able to rebound when he is run out of town in Manchester. He is the only manager who would force me to change allegiance if he was coaching my team.

Song Billong

images

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It seems he just gets bored rather quickly, is not motivated as Pep and Klopp have exposed him.
I really think it is his strategy to earn as much money from these "breakdowns".
Remember United extended his contract last season and I am sure Mendez inserted a big fat clause in case he gets fired.

It was the same at Chelsea, when he openly provoked them to get fired: "If they want to fire me, they will fire the most successful manager in their history, bla blaa.."

His meltdowns at Real were similar, as he surely received a lot of compensation

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Forget Mourinho for a sec, Utd's problem is partly their transfers and scouting. They've bought Diogo Dalot this year so we'll see what happens there, but before that I can only think of Martial and Shaw in recent times as hot young prospects they've brought in. Both unmitigated failures so far, for different reasons.

They need to rediscover the knack they used to have for bringing in good young players.

Oh wait there was also Depay and Zaha. Also unmitigated failures.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Forget Mourinho for a sec, Utd's problem is partly their transfers and scouting. They've bought Diogo Dalot this year so we'll see what happens there, but before that I can only think of Martial and Shaw in recent times as hot young prospects they've brought in. Both unmitigated failures so far, for different reasons.

They need to rediscover the knack they used to have for bringing in good young players.

Looking at that list of players I don't see how you can blame their scouting? They are all talented and Shaw aside whose problem is more to do with his attitude, the rest have gone to prove themselves. Seems more fair to blame their managers for those lot not working out tbh.

Not that scouting the hottest prospects and paying big bucks to buy them deserves much credit. Ditto with Sven getting credit for buying Dembele when everybody knew he was probably going to be a superstar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looking at that list of players I don't see how you can blame their scouting? They are all talented and Shaw aside whose problem is more to do with his attitude, the rest have gone to prove themselves. Seems more fair to blame their managers for those lot not working out tbh.

Not that scouting the hottest prospects and paying big bucks to buy them deserves much credit. Ditto with Sven getting credit for buying Dembele when everybody knew he was probably going to be a superstar.

My point wasn't that the scouting department is at fault for Zaha's failure or whatever. Obviously that's all on the coaching team and the player etc. I'd say the scouting team are at fault for not identifying enough young talents.

I don't think they've been scouting and buying enough good young players, and the ones they have brought in they've mismanaged pretty badly.

BobP

Memri Fan

The club remains structured around the footballing prowess of a man who isn't even there anymore.

What United should have done, in the aftermath of Ferguson's retirement, is to bring together a core of people capable of articulating some sort of vision which would inform the clubs approach on all matters relating to football.

I mean, who even directs transfer policy at United? Woodward appears to just go with whatever the manager of the time says. But what happens to those players when that manager is sacked and a new one brought in? It's too costly and destabilising having to sell a bunch of players, at a cost, at the same time as spending vast sums of money on a new bunch of players to satiate the newly arrived manager.

It's difficult to point the finger. Ferguson's retirement was abrupt, though I'm not sure how long the powers that be at United expected the 71 year old to continue. Speaks to a failure on their not part not coming up with some sort of contingency plan in case this transpired. The loss of Gill was also a body blow, a figure with his authority, having been at the club for a number of years, could have restructured it post-Ferguson.

Giroud12

I am excited for us this season but I am almost as excited seeing whats in the making at manu.

Moany in his usual 3rd season, for once he cant spend billions, Pogba hates him and is overrated anyway. Weak squad and weak starting 11, one injury on Lukaku away from a total attacking crisis, Alexis sulking and playing like sh1t, Lukaku coming from beautiful football with Belgium to the Mourinho hoofball surely won't sit well with him. Add to that an ice cold relationship with the DoF, increasingly bigger share of the fans getting tired with playing awful football AND not winning anything that matters, several players on way to big contracts they won't get rid of...

Jesus christ this might turn out very very well. Forget tottenham, chelsea etc, the one I REALLY want to see fail miserably is that arrogant and overrated kunt mourinho. Bring on the chaos!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom