• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This is really odd. CB is even more of a disaster now. Mustafi and Sokratis will cost a lot of points, arghhh. Surely a signing will be made?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hopefully this means that Koscielny is ahead of schedule, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Song Billong

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Which other top side would loan out their 3rd choice CB, who is challenging for a starting place, and not the younger raw 4th and 5th options?

If we cop an injury to the poor Mustafi and TBA Sokratis, then suddenly we are relying on our 4th and 5th options and it could be panic stations. It's just a ludicrous decision and completely counter-intuitive to building a strong squad, IMO. The obvious candidate for a loan is Holding.

Unless we are bringing someone in. Which is hopefully not Vida.

blaise

Seems to me our new people decided Chambers (and probably Holding also)is not good enough for Arsenal, but seeing how English talent is valued we decided to give them longer contract and playing time to try make some money at some point.

Again if somebody thinks Vida is solution then we are seriously deluded. At least we can hope for a CB incoming now.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Seems to me our new people decided Chambers (and probably Holding also)is not good enough for Arsenal, but seeing how English talent is valued we decided to give them longer contract and playing time to try make some money at some point.

Again if somebody thinks Vida is solution then we are seriously deluded. At least we can hope for a CB incoming now.

Emery literally said after Chambers signed his contract that he was in his plans for this season

blaise

Emery literally said after Chambers signed his contract that he was in his plans for this season

Emery said we will be building around Ramsey and now it looks more and more likely that we are selling him. You say things but you dont mean them lots of times, especially in football if you have agenda. It is never good to put your players down.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's an odd move if we're considering how weak we were defensively. Maybe the staff believes our defense is fine now but we fans need to see it to believe it.

I think it makes sense from the staffs' perspective because Chambers is more developed than Holding and Mavro - he needs games and a lot of them which were not promised here. Holding and Mavro can still develop under the Arsenal eye and play during cup games. I don't think Chambers was going to progress with just cup matches.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Have to say I think this makes perfect sense.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Emery said we will be building around Ramsey and now it looks more and more likely that we are selling him. You say things but you dont mean them lots of times, especially in football if you have agenda. It is never good to put your players down.

Did Emery actually say he was planning to build the team around Ramsey? It was reported (mostly by the same outlets who said Arteta would be the new manager), but I don't remember such a quote from Emery. He's recently said he hopes Ramsey will stay, but as you note it may just be the politics of management.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Actions are speaking louder. Emery tried him at CDM & then loaned out. These renewals look like purely protecting assets after all the poor management previous.

He is off a decent loan season, Kos is injured & the centerback group weak.

Not convinced he gets a better chance at making it here.

TheIceman85

I’m really surprised and a bit disappointed by this. He’s really impressed me in his last 5-10 matches and I honestly thought he could make a claim for a starting place this season. Seems to be maturing into a decent player. Either way this will be good for him to continue developing.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'm not as surprised at this as everyone else.

Sure, he did make a claim to start, but at this point of his development, it's paramount for him to play regular football.

Realistically, is Calum going to start over Sokratis? Probably not.

I will say when Unai was reported to have a dossier on each one of our player, I thought Calum would be someone he would be excited to work with. However, this move just shows that Unai has identified a major weakness in the squad and is being proactive.

It's painfully obvious that a team of our merits shouldn't have had a Chambers or Holding in the past Wenger seasons playing in the games they did, they weren't ready.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chambers doesn't really have great mobility and let's be honest besides a few decent performances at the back end of last season he's hardly impressed overly much during his time here. I'm gonna trust Emery and the rest of the coaching team on this one.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not surprised at all. I've always said he's not good enough to be an Arsenal CB. He'll make a steady CB for a mid table team but not a team wanting to get back into the top 4. Emery probably sees more potential in Mavro & Holding so no need to keep Chambers.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom