• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Gucci Piggy

Maybe Benatia is available now due to Juve re-signing Bonucci? Bonucci and Chiellini will be the starters and they won't want to hinder Rugani's development so he'll probably be third choice. No point keeping Benatia as fourth choice rather than cashing in, when they've also got Barzagli who can do that job.

Because this seems to be so last minute I can see it being something like this that's only just become an option.

Benatia in to partner Sokratis this season, and if Chambers impresses on loan at Fulham he can maybe start over Sokratis next season. If not he can be sold.

Hope it's something like that rather than Vida.

Edit: Although if Juve plan to play 3atb this kinda goes out the window.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Probably find we are getting a small fee and his increased wages covered. And it may be a case of that he is considered to good to fourth choice but really needs minutes to establish himself as first choice. We can't offer that so he goes on loan and gets the minutes we need and he comes back next season as first choice or hopefully able to fetch a decent fee.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Stupid decision, reckon he’s comfortably the best CB at the club after Kos. Another year of Mustafi is dreadful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No way we are not buying a defender, Holding is shiiiite and Mavro isn't ready yet.
Holding isn't that s**t yet but he hasn't proven anything yet so is Mavro and Mustafi Sokratis didn't prove they'll be very decent partnership so if we didn't buy a CB we'll be in trouble if one of Sokratis Mustafi got long term injury

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would be surprised if he returns for a significant role under Emery.

He has done the whole season playing out on loan & is arguably the 2nd best CB until Kos returns. First thing Emery did was try him at CDM. Maybe he just doesn't fancy the smaller / lighter CB which is understandable.

Its odd because that Ornstein tweet looks well off. Potentially Emery having a greater say now with the changes above?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Imagine having to raise funds to buy an aging Turkish League CB.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If the budget is really as tight as this why do we pass on Evans at 3m?

Elite education, two footed, experience playing either side, narky attitude & good height.

Its like money runs out late in the window unexpectedly.

ashlyn

It’s weird that he wasn’t promised regular play time considering he’s our second best cb, maybe if we were bringing in someone better but I don’t see that happening tbh

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Doesn't make sense at all to me. He could easily become a starter before the end of the season. He signed 2 contract extentions within the last year and now we just send him off on loan?!

I agree with too many RCB and less LCB part. I know there are few differences in playing those 2 roles. But can't it be coached, instead of sending him on loan for that?!

And can't believe we need to 'raise' funds to buy a 29 year old CB playing in the Turkish league.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I would be surprised if he returns for a significant role under Emery.

He has done the whole season playing out on loan & is arguably the 2nd best CB until Kos returns. First thing Emery did was try him at CDM. Maybe he just doesn't fancy the smaller / lighter CB which is understandable.

Its odd because that Ornstein tweet looks well off. Potentially Emery having a greater say now with the changes above?

Well that's the thing he really was showing he was potentially the 2nd best CB . So weird , oh well .

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom