• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Was just about the post this, the headline on the Mirror version is a bit misleading, though then again it would be or at least it seems like they're suggesting that Emery is having a go at Mesut when he isn't really.
It reads like an ultimatum.

No excuses...you go demand the ball and produce magic. Stick to your strengths.

If he continues to give away the ball or hides, he will be dropped.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Shut up with your nonsense bra, don't pull that card in here. Everybody knows Özil back story don't need an update,

Current state of affairs, how he is playing, his wages nobody will no big club gonna take it off us and small teams can't pay him for 300k a week. If he leaves arsenal, turkey.

Are you a South African? @Mark Tobias @SA Gunner Come get your boy here before he starts calling people the K word. :lol:

He sounds like he's straight from Eugene Terre'Blanche's homestead in Potchefstroom. :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gunners boss Emery said: “Every player needs to do [that] in the true moment of a match. There are defensive moments and attacking moments. Every player each needs this commitment.

“For me, we need to start together, whether we are attacking or defending. I want that from every player. The positioning, he [Özil] is playing all his career like a 10, like a right winger going inside to receive the ball.

“It’s clear he needs the ball more to give more options in attack. He needs to do in each match, be demanding for us. Defensive moments are for each and every player. Don’t change Mesut Özil in his positioning.”

I'm not sure what question he was responding to but I'm glad he's making a point of this. The bar has been raised, and we will not get back into the top 4 unless every forward player contributes to winning the ball. I'd apply this to Aubameyang as well. He needs to be much more physical.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Gunners boss Emery said: “Every player needs to do [that] in the true moment of a match. There are defensive moments and attacking moments. Every player each needs this commitment.

“For me, we need to start together, whether we are attacking or defending. I want that from every player. The positioning, he [Özil] is playing all his career like a 10, like a right winger going inside to receive the ball.

“It’s clear he needs the ball more to give more options in attack. He needs to do in each match, be demanding for us. Defensive moments are for each and every player. Don’t change Mesut Özil in his positioning.”
I wish Unai would use a translator when speaking to the press for the time being. Maybe it’s just me but I find it difficult to understand what he’s trying to say sometimes.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not sure i understand it enough to comment either.
Honestly I think if you just read the words and completely ignore the clickbait headline he's just saying that everyone in the team has got to be committed to the press and that Özil has to do what he does best when we've got the ball which is to get on it and make something happen. I don't see anything there from Emery's actual words(which to be fair are really good for someone learning English but not totally clear) that suggests he's issuing an ultimatum or anything of the sort. I think he was asked about Özil by some reporter looking to pile on with a quote and a stupid headline like the one that was used and he answered the question honestly and without agenda. But I don't see anything there that really is hyper critical and as we saw in the first match, Özil was more than willing to press(which I was very pleased to finally see) and track back.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly I think if you just read the words and completely ignore the clickbait headline he's just saying that everyone in the team has got to be committed to the press and that Özil has to do what he does best when we've got the ball which is to get on it and make something happen. I don't see anything there from Emery's actual words(which to be fair are really good for someone learning English but not totally clear) that suggests he's issuing an ultimatum or anything of the sort. I think he was asked about Özil by some reporter looking to pile on with a quote and a stupid headline like the one that was used and he answered the question honestly and without agenda. But I don't see anything there that really is hyper critical and as we saw in the first match, Özil was more than willing to press(which I was very pleased to finally see) and track back.

Yeah I don't see anything critical , I interpreted it to be that he wants Özil to demand the ball more from team mates :lol: he seemed to brush aside the defensive bit .

ksarp

Well, he's finally echoing the sentiments we all share. Zil NEEDS to be fed the ball consistently so he can make plays, preferably in the middle..which is why sending him to the 7/11 is redundant.

Secondly, there will be moments in a game where a player of Zil's caliber has to "make a play". I contend that implementing the first expectation will result in the second.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Well, he's finally echoing the sentiments we all share. Zil NEEDS to be fed the ball consistently so he can make plays, preferably in the middle..which is why sending him to the 7/11 is redundant.

Secondly, there will be moments in a game where a player of Zil's caliber has to "make a play". I contend that implementing the first expectation will result in the second.
who's Zil?:confused:

Godwin1

Very well-known
West Ham next, easy game (I hope!), should do well. At this point I don't even expect him to do well when the going gets tough.

HBL

Established Member
I’m sure he’ll get a couple of assists when we play Cardiff at home, so that will make up for the poor games he has against the top 6, right?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Elite player when spaces available. Good player when team´s been pressed.

That extra second is vital in his game, if he can’t find that he suffers.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly. Reporters in England pray on non-english speakers. Sick world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom