• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
cech’s positioning when we play from the back is the reason why he is not good at it. he stays way to deep and by doing it he invites the pressure and takes away from our build up those crucial 2 seconds of time.
kudos to him for saving some good chances those 2 games, but if we are to play, and we are, from the back, Leno will be needed.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I stopped posting second half because I'd let 30 seconds take over and I really needed to let the game flow.

My conclusion is that we are still in a Wenger hangover. Özil, Xhaka two of his biggest signings rightly hooked and two of the worst performers in the last two games. Mkhitaryan who I've thought is useless at least done something. Auba needs a look at himself and I wouldn't start him against West Ham oddly enough I wouldn't start Lacazette either. He made a brutal mistake last week on the back of a poor Özil touch and his pass today created the winner for Chelsea.

Grafters in. Hard work. Get the lightweight players out. Very few of them have earned the right to start against West Ham.
Wilf McGuinness.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if there's a wink emoji missing here

Not saying Xhaka was good, he wasn't and I thought it was the right decision to take him off at the time, but Torreira didn't have a positive impact, probably still needs to adjust to the league..

I thought Ramsey was going to come on and sit in a midfield 3. Especially as it was clearly we were dropping deeper and inviting pressure. Perplexed me to see him playing up top alongside Auba.

Yeah that's what I thought was going to happen, strange..

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I stopped posting second half because I'd let 30 seconds take over and I really needed to let the game flow.

My conclusion is that we are still in a Wenger hangover. Özil, Xhaka two of his biggest signings rightly hooked and two of the worst performers in the last two games. Mkhitaryan who I've thought is useless at least done something. Auba needs a look at himself and I wouldn't start him against West Ham oddly enough I wouldn't start Lacazette either. He made a brutal mistake last week on the back of a poor Özil touch and his pass today created the winner for Chelsea.

Grafters in. Hard work. Get the lightweight players out. Very few of them have earned the right to start against West Ham.
Who would you play up top?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Im not at all.
We knew it was going to be hard. There is much more positives than negatives after that performance.
Our run starts against West Ham.
Yep. We shouldn't measure ourselves against teams with Fourth Place Trophy aspirations. That was risible. We now need to fight for Europa league qualification. It's going to be tough.

Wenger out.

Dj_sds -

Dont know what all the fuss is about. We created numerous clear cut chances. There is an obvious plan in place and we will improve. But i dont think Özil and mkhi should play at the same time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
cech’s positioning when we play from the back is the reason why he is not good at it. he stays way to deep and by doing it he invites the pressure and takes away from our build up those crucial 2 seconds of time.
kudos to him for saving some good chances those 2 games, but if we are to play, and we are, from the back, Leno will be needed.
Top post and astute assessment. Also seems to put massive pressure on the fullbacks who get drawn deeper and deeper as the opposition press. Liverpool in particular will exploit this with ease.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Mkhi, Özil, Iwobi, Bellerin, Monreal, Xhaka, Guendozi, Auba (ok you too)....take a bow, for one of the best passages of play I have seen from Arsenal for a while. Well done.

Now can the midfield learn how to protect the defense, and the forwards learn how to put away chances. Thanks.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Totally agree. Noticed when Uruguay played with Luca they didn't have a lot of possession either . He's a destroyer who can pass but he really doesn't like to distribute and demand the ball .

Yeah think we would have been better off with a midfield of Guendouzi, Xhaka and Torreira.. I feel like we really needed a 3 man midfield here, especially away against a big team..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Dont know what all the fuss is about. We created numerous clear cut chances. There is an obvious plan in place and we will improve. But i dont think Özil and mkhi should play at the same time.
You last sentence here is a key point. We're playing a game of ' connect the dots' in terms of determining our strongest and most efficient line up. It'll come.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Goals change games. Auba missed a crucial chance at 1-0 then we conceded seconds later. He then missed another chance at the end of the half at 2-2 to put us in front.

And in the second half his bizzare run saw him flagged offside when he literally didn’t even need to move much- and he would’ve been in the clear.

In big games it comes down to fine margins. At the clutch points in this game we (specifically Auba) didn’t deliver.

Goals do change games, right about that, but missing a sitter shouldn't lead to defensive chaos, at least not in a team with some balance. Our midfield is a mess and our manager seems to have no clue who should play there. Sarri's process is just as raw as Emery's but a HUGE advantage is the fact that Kante and Jorginho, his two central mids, are the first names in his team sheet. Two of our three subs were CM changes. Our stability is non-existent due to the chaotic midfield. We did look good in the final third but it doesn't matter if 1) we don't get to the final third systematically and 2) we're sitting ducks defensively once we lose the ball in the final third.

I'm not writing Emery off and I know it's early days but the start has been quite unconvincing and it seems he is trying to rush his ideas to the team. Ton of work ahead and I just feel the manager's philosophy isn't in sync with the player material.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
cech’s positioning when we play from the back is the reason why he is not good at it. he stays way to deep.
when you are a GK and you are not that good with the ball you are requiered to do that in order to have more time to play the ball and control it.
As closer as you recieved the ball from a defender as difficult it is to control it and realesed.
Even if you think that extra second makes him **** up, without it Cech we would be forced to play only long balls and we would be putting ourselves in a much more difficult situation.
Arsène tried last season it didnt went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom