• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s Ramsey or Özil

Can’t fit both in the team and be stable enough to challenge for anything

Ashybashy86

I'll say it again. I don't trust Auba against big teams. Say what you like about Laca, but he's scored more for us against the big teams.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Guendouzi amazing, Cech very good, Iwobi super athletic and can be a target man off the wing ala Mandzukic (despite their other differences.) COYG!!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was our press this bad vs City too? Playing a high line and giving Chelsea all the time to pick out a pass :lol:

I do not like how we are playing out of the back either, need to get better footballers in defence for that to work..

Yeah it was , all for passing out the back but this is way too forced , got to ask what was wrong with the way we played out the back before ? All is happening now is Cech is hoofing it long .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'll say it again. I don't trust Auba against big teams. Say what you like about Laca, but he's scored more for us against the big teams.
Sorry but this Auba v Laca debate is just silly. They are both (despite today) good strikers and what we need to work out is a way of accommodating them both not creating a poisonous rivalry between them.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Taking Özil off wasn't a silly idea, but sticking Ramsey up top instead was. I just don't see the point in it, Emery saw against City it wasn't very effective and it didn't suit the situation we were in in the game.

I thought Ramsey was going to come on and sit in a midfield 3. Especially as it was clearly we were dropping deeper and inviting pressure. Perplexed me to see him playing up top alongside Auba.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Selected Sami Mokbel/Daily Mail player ratings: Mkhitaryan 8, Iwobi 7.5, Guendouzi 7, Cech 7, Özil 4.5, Xhaka 4. Everybody else was somewhere in between.

Selected Charles Watts/Football London player ratings: Guendouzi 8, Iwobi 8, Montreal 7, Özil 5, Aubameyang 4, Xhaka 4. Everybody else somewhere in between.

Lots of agreement on Guendouzi and Iwobi being good, Özil and especially Xhaka being bad.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I stopped posting second half because I'd let 30 seconds take over and I really needed to let the game flow.

My conclusion is that we are still in a Wenger hangover. Özil, Xhaka two of his biggest signings rightly hooked and two of the worst performers in the last two games. Mkhitaryan who I've thought is useless at least done something. Auba needs a look at himself and I wouldn't start him against West Ham oddly enough I wouldn't start Lacazette either. He made a brutal mistake last week on the back of a poor Özil touch and his pass today created the winner for Chelsea.

Grafters in. Hard work. Get the lightweight players out. Very few of them have earned the right to start against West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom