• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dregen57

You don't win away at Stanford Bridge missing chances like we did in the first half. Very bad but we must keep believing and things will turn. Hammers next

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Remember the name of our attack LMAO?? They just proved worthy of that abbreviation. All 4 of em. Auba with his runs n misses. Laca with his inexplicable back pass and funny attempt to tackle hazard. Mkhi with his miss and pathetic attempt to track Alonso for the opener. And Özil having a stinker.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Remember the name of our attack LMAO?? They just proved worthy of that abbreviation. All 4 of em. Auba with his runs n misses. Laca with his inexplicable back pass and funny attempt to tackle hazard. Mkhi with his miss and pathetic attempt to track Alonso for the opener. And Özil having a stinker.

Harsh on Mkhitaryan, was really pulling the strings first half. Like him a lot.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Harsh on Mkhitaryan, was really pulling the strings first half. Like him a lot.
for 15 min maybe. But he was poor most of the game as well. Virtually non-existent in the 2nd half. But that was due to us strangely deciding to sit back as well.

His miss and then whole SB laughing at us was so embarrassing tbh.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
for 15 min maybe. But he was poor most of the game as well. Virtually non-existent in the 2nd half. But that was due to us strangely deciding to sit back as well.

His miss and then whole SB laughing at us was so embarrassing tbh.
Do you really think they were laughing at a team missing sitter after sitter against their team? Do you not think, deep down, they were worried? I know Chelsea fans aren't human but they're not completely blind to what's in front of them. They had nothing to laugh about. They jeered as every fan does but only out of relief. Turn it up.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You are such a barrel of laughs these days arent you!!
"I can sing...I can dance
Just give me a chance
To do my turn for you..."

We have to be realistic. We've spent significant money on Sokratis and many already think he isn't good enough. What? you think we're going to buy a centre-back wanted by City, Barcelona, Madrid, Yanited, PSG Bayern etc? If we can get like the 18th and 25th best centre-backs in the world we're doing well. Maybe we already have them

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Can we discuss that pass by Guendouzi to Bellerin for the Aubameyang chance o_O

Haven't seen defense splitting passing like that since Zelalem was bossing preseason ages ago and we thought we had the next Cesc. :lol: Good times.

Love this kid's game, but you can see his fitness isn't there yet to go 90+ min without having a big drop off late in the game as understandably he's working to be everywhere on the pitch while playing 100mph throughout early on.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf our squad is just not good enough to win these kind of games.
As I've said, last year Wenger and his staff have left it in a terible shape:
No defense, and no functionning midfield.

Emery has to build a defense that works, from scratch, with Bellerin and Mustafi and he has to build a functionning midfield.
And the lack of pace upfront and true wingers will hurt us. both offensively and defensively.

Mkhitaryan can track back the fastest wingers and fullbacks in the league.

The sooner we realize we have a 5th/6th squad the better it will be.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf our squad is just not good enough to win these kind of games.
As I've said, last year Wenger and his staff have left it in a terible shape:
No defense, and no functionning midfield.

Emery has to build a defense that works, from scratch, with Bellerin and Mustafi and he has to build a functionning midfield.
And the lack of pace upfront and true wingers will hurt us. both offensively and defensively.

Mkhitaryan can track back the fastest wingers and fullbacks in the league.

The sooner we realize we have a 5th/6th squad the better it will be.

We could've won this game by half time if our strikers could hit a cow's arse with a banjo so I don't think it's that. We aren't far off but we need a few more games to get the balance right.

kooldawg

Established Member
I would have been happy with the draw, if the stars had aligned differently we would be singing a different tune. But oh well. Plenty of positives to take out of this game. We can only get better from this point on.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why did we drop off so much in the second half? Seen suggestions that we couldn’t control the ball without Xhaka, but don’t really buy it.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why did we drop off so much in the second half? Seen suggestions that we couldn’t control the ball without Xhaka, but don’t really buy it.

0.1 xg in the 2nd half, that Chelsea defence was there for the taking, went too defensive and invited Chelsea to control the game.. We looked vulnerable tbf so I can understand why Emery would have wanted to go more defensive, but it didn't work out as we didn't look any more solid defensively either.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We could've won this game by half time if our strikers could hit a cow's arse with a banjo so I don't think it's that. We aren't far off but we need a few more games to get the balance right.

And yet we haven't because of silly mistakes, once again.
We might win one over the course of the season.

But I don't think we can genuinely compete against the best teams with Bellerin / Mustafi.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Saw a stat, not sure how true, that we only created 4 clear cut chances against the top 6 last season total. Created more than that today, however not sure how true that is
Not the way to become a mod, making up rubbish like that.

We 34 shots against United alone. DeGea was like superman to keep them out. That double save was not human.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

0.1 xg in the 2nd half, that Chelsea defence was there for the taking, went too defensive and invited Chelsea to control the game.. We looked vulnerable tbf so I can understand why Emery would have wanted to go more defensive, but it didn't work out as we didn't look any more solid defensively either.
Those stats are crazy! Never seen such a game of two half’s.

IslingtonBornandbred

Not the way to become a mod, making up rubbish like that.

We 34 shots against United alone. DeGea was like superman to keep them out. That double save was not human.

:lol::lol::lol:

I knew you were going to get involved in that. I was going to @ you. I remember you harping on about the chances created and I was more annoyed about the way they countered us (like they did previously in years gone by constantly) and the silly mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom