• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fine with this,but after today I’d drop Micki and let Nelson have a go.

Hm i'm not convinced at all by Nelson yet. I think the hype has overtaken the reality and he needs to improve quite a bit. Mkhi was sub-par, but so was everyone. He does have quality. Best to keep with him.

Marmaduke

Well said. He hasn't the tactical nous nor the positional sense to know where to press & where to make a pass.

These things can't be learnt well enough to make him effective for us in the long term.
To add onto that, Monreal and Lichtenstiener great examples of intelligent defenders. I find it odd why after so many years his tactical game hasn't matured.

The kid obviously has loads of potential but I kind of hope he gets benched for some stretch by Lich so he becomes more aware of what he needs to be really working on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I've noticed this before:
Untitled.jpg

Walcott has an easy ball on for Özil but Ramsey thinks he's the better option

Untitled2.jpg

This one is my favourite because Alexis has rounded the keeper and literally all he has to do is shoot it into an empty net but Ramsey is still screaming for the ball

My favourite is at Anfield Ramsey pulling Theo in the box for a shot at an open goal

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi and bellerin just doesn't seem to work for me defensively bellerin look he forgot how to defend and Mkhi don't offer much help defensively you can notice man city Chelsea and today Westham most attack coming from our right side

I agree, Bellerin is incredibly bad in defence, but you can't argue with his attacking impact. I'd feel so much safer with Lichtsteiner, but would he produce in attack like Bellerin?

Beinh open against lesser sides is the right way btw. Being to close allow other team to close too and games become dull. Look at United.

Of course we still need to find balance to not open to much. Vital we keep working on our pressing system.

Jae

Sokratis deserves a lot of credit for his performance today, no nonsense defending, read the game well, made some good plays out from the back and picks his tackles sensibly (unlike Mustafi) and knows when to slow the game down.

Credit where credit is due as well - thought Xhaka looked great once Torreira came on and he was playing in a more advanced role. He still can't tackle though :lol:

Ramsey is just utterly useless, made one or two decent runs behind the defence but that was it. What the f*ck was he doing calling for the pass from Welbeck as well? :lol:

We look infinitely better with Lacazette on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards! The result was more important than the performance today anyway. Tough game away at Cardiff next week!

Bellerin with most assist in our squad already. Important in attack.

Up to the manager to fix our defense woes and improve our system! I have the faith.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Unconvincing victory. West Ham had a good amount of chances, so the excuse I've seen here that we played two of the best teams in the league in our first two games doesn't hold any water.
We're a shambles defensively, possibly even worse than under Wenger because of our high line and shoddy pressing.

Bellerin is diabolical in defense, but he seems to finally add something when going up. I'd still play Forrest Gump over him any day of the week.

Ramsey played well today bar a few moments where he was trying to play the ball from defense only to lose possession and some passes that didn't have enough weight to them.
He created chances, had a few of his own and generally showed up in different areas on the pitch.

Auba alone up front just doesn't work for us. He can play as a lone striker, but only if he has wide players to help him out, which we're lacking at the moment. His finishing has been pretty bad so far, which is worrying.
Since Laca is better at holding the ball and is generally tougher, he's better suited for that role and when he came on, him and Auba were clicking.

Torreira coming on for Gwen gave Xhaka license to go a further and spray those diagonals and that change along with Laca for Iwobi was our best period going forward.

I don't understand why Emery is starting with a certain line-up that makes us vulnerable defensively and leading to us conceding only to make the right changes after that or when it's already too late. Play your best team, ffs!

That being said, we're still very schizophrenic even if you can see there are good ideas behind what we're doing. They're just badly implemented for the most part and I find it shocking that we're misplacing so many passes for a team where most players have been together for quite some time and know each other well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
3 points and get out of dodge. Getting the first win under a new manager is always a psychological hurdle.
But one thing's clear for me is that we need some recruiting in January. Can't wait till the summer. Some of these players are really not suited to the way Emery wants us to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom