• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Josh could potentially be a big boost for Arsenal. He's not at all like his father. He likes to be involved and informed about what's going on. He personally handled the Özil negotiation when nobody else could get it done. His past comments indicate that he sees more to being in the business of sports than just the bottom line, so his involvement with Arsenal could mean an increased willingness to spend on transfers and salaries. Time will tell.
Would be happy if he could do that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wonder if Josh brings Thierry in as manager this summer or next?

Thierry should have taken the Bordeaux job. He thinks because he was a great player he can start at the top, but guys like Pep and Zidane paid their dues coaching full time and managing in the Spanish 2nd division. They were groomed for the jobs at Real Madrid and Barcelona. Lampard is starting out at Derby. Gerrard at Rangers. Vieira spent several years in development at City, then went to manage in MLS and is now at Nice. None of those guys went from the broadcast booth and a part-time coaching gig for a national team into a top club. They didn't expect a big job to be handed to them because of their name.

I love Thierry Henry, but he needs to decide whether or not he wants to be a pundit or a football manager. And if he wants to be a manager he needs to dedicate himself and work for it. He had a very similar job to the one Vieira took this summer offered to him and thought he was too good for it.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The downside of Gazidis leaving (not that I want him to stay) is that there won't be a saving in the ridiculously high salary he commands. This is where that puzzle will start to make sense - it will justify little Kronke being paid at least the same amount.

Not that they won't be able to bleed the club whichever way they want within a few months. Dracula & Son.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thierry should have taken the Bordeaux job. He thinks because he was a great player he can start at the top, but guys like Pep and Zidane paid their dues coaching full time and managing in the Spanish 2nd division. They were groomed for the jobs at Real Madrid and Barcelona. Lampard is starting out at Derby. Gerrard at Rangers. Vieira spent several years in development at City, then went to manage in MLS and is now at Nice. None of those guys went from the broadcast booth and a part-time coaching gig for a national team into a top club. They didn't expect a big job to be handed to them because of their name.

I love Thierry Henry, but he needs to decide whether or not he wants to be a pundit or a football manager. And if he wants to be a manager he needs to dedicate himself and work for it. He had a very similar job to the one Vieira took this summer offered to him and thought he was too good for it.
Your posting is tops of late. 100%

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not concerned if Josh takes over, I think he would be in a better position to get things done than anyone else simply because he has more access to Kroenke Snr than anyone else. I don't see why he would want the job if he plans to be a failure, surely he wants to win and be a success.

thierrytheking14

I don't disagree with what you're saying Slarti but the last line we don't know for sure is accurate.

Poyet was sacked by Bordeaux after they sold Laborde to Montpellier against his will. Yes making a song and dance about publicly wasn't the best move by Gus but I'm sure that played on Henry's mind.

Does he really want his crucial first management role at a club where the manager is undermined like that?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
statement from the club and Ivan:

We can announce that Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham will lead the club following a decision by chief executive Ivan Gazidis to join AC Milan.

Raul, head of football relations, has been appointed as head of football, and Vinai, currently chief commercial officer, becomes managing director.

Josh Kroenke, deputy chairman of Arsenal’s majority owner Kroenke Sports and Entertainment UK, said: “It has been a pleasure working with Ivan. We will miss the wisdom, insight, and energy he brought to our club on a daily basis over the past decade. We are confident we have outstanding people in Raul and Vinai, and we look forward to working with them and coach Unai Emery to continue to move the club forward on and off the pitch.”

Club chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: “Ivan has led Arsenal with skill and dedication and leaves us in a strong position. The club has been transformed and he has recruited talented people, such as Raul, Vinai and of course Unai Emery, who will take us to future success.”

Raul joined us in February after 16 years at Barcelona where he was director of football. Vinai arrived in 2010 from London 2012 and has overseen all our commercial activities.

Raul, who will lead our football activities, said: “Although I joined Arsenal just months ago, I've felt embraced by this great club and part of its family from the first day. I will do everything possible to maintain our strong values which will be as fundamental to our future as they have been in our past. Vinai and I will need everyone's help, to do everything right and secure the success everyone connected to Arsenal wants. I sincerely thank Arsenal’s board for their trust in us and thank Ivan for bringing me to this great club, and for consistently supporting me every day, in every way. It's with overwhelming pride and utmost excitement that I face this new opportunity.”

Vinai, who will oversee all business operations, said: “From the day I joined Arsenal I have always considered it a privilege to serve this great football club, so it’s an honour to take up the position of managing director and lead the club alongside Raul. Together we will work tirelessly with the extraordinary staff we have at Arsenal to respect and enhance our unique history, heritage and values; with the overall objective to bring success to our millions of fans all around the world and make them proud of their club. I thank Stan and Josh Kroenke and the rest of the board for their trust in me, and Ivan for all the support he has given me since I joined the club in 2010.”

Ivan will leave by the end of October and becomes chief executive at AC Milan on December 1. He said: “For the last 10 years I have been privileged to dedicate myself to this great club. Arsenal is entering a new chapter and I have done everything I can to ensure that it is strongly placed to take on that challenge. This includes world-class facilities and outstanding leaders in every sector who carry the values of the club, including, of course, Unai Emery, Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham in whom I have enormous faith.

“We have been building on the club’s progressive social values, leading the way on the women’s game, diversity and inclusion, and establishing the Arsenal Foundation. This will remain central to the club’s philosophy.

“Although it is very hard to do - the hardest decision of my life - I believe that, after 10 years, it is the right time for me to step aside to allow new leadership, energy and ideas to take the club forward into this exciting new era. I believe in the positive force of change, both for me and for the club. I am excited to see what the future holds for this great club and I am energised by a new personal challenge with AC Milan.

“My sincere thanks go to Stan and Josh Kroenke for their support and guidance on everything we have done. To Sir Chips Keswick, Lord Phil Harris, Ken Friar and my wonderful management team and staff, on and off the field, to Arsène Wenger, Unai Emery and to the fans of this giant and incredible club, thank you for your immense support and friendship over so many years and for the wonderful privilege of being part of the journey.

"We lived through many emotions together, the highs and the lows of football, and I am proud to be able to say that I gave this club and its fantastic people everything that I had in me. I am excited and energised for the future for myself and for Arsenal Football Club and I will always hold it in my heart.”

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wait, so Josh Kroenke isn't replacing Gazidis, we're promoting Venkatesham to Gazidis' role? Right, that's a turn up for the books. What do we know about Venkatesham?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wait, so Josh Kroenke isn't replacing Gazidis, we're promoting Venkatesham to Gazidis' role? Right, that's a turn up for the books. What do we know about Venkatesham?
Arseblog had this short blurb about him:
Oxford-educated Venkatesham has held a variety of job titles at Arsenal since 2012, most recently as Sales and Marketing director.

He played a lead role renegotiating the Emirates partnership and bringing on board the big-money deal with Puma. He’s also been a visible presence when the club have announced other secondary and regional partnerships and previously worked for the London 2012 commercial team and Deloitte.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom