• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

plmusf5.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

United probably have a stronger squad than us, their only true weakness is in defence and let's be honest we're not exactly great in that regard ourselves. Also when we're getting rid of Ramsey and what ever's going on with Özil it doesn't really help the overall quality of the squad either.

If they continue to get the best out of Rashford, Martial and Pogba, and who knows if Alexis can come into form then they'll be flying and taking points everywhere they go. It's hard to be optimistic at the moment. Have to hope that OGS gets exposed really bad vs Sp**s and he can't recover and that Chelsea continue to disappoint. But I just feel our squad is so poor, heavily reliant on Auba in an attacking sense with our main threat coming from our wing-backs/full-backs and relying on the inconsistent Iwobi as our main creative source from midfield along with a defence that just leaks goals. 6th is looking quite possible, and with the talk of having absolutely no money in January too there's little room for optimism.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
United probably have a stronger squad than us, their only true weakness is in defence and let's be honest we're not exactly great in that regard ourselves. Also when we're getting rid of Ramsey and what ever's going on with Özil it doesn't really help the overall quality of the squad either.

If they continue to get the best out of Rashford, Martial and Pogba, and who knows if Alexis can come into form then they'll be flying and taking points everywhere they go. It's hard to be optimistic at the moment. Have to hope that OGS gets exposed really bad vs Sp**s and he can't recover and that Chelsea continue to disappoint. But I just feel our squad is so poor, heavily reliant on Auba in an attacking sense with our main threat coming from our wing-backs/full-backs and relying on the inconsistent Iwobi as our main creative source from midfield along with a defence that just leaks goals. 6th is looking quite possible, and with the talk of having absolutely no money in January too there's little room for optimism.
Getting a bit sick of your constant negativity.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Getting a bit sick of your constant negativity.

I'm just being realistic, it's not unreasonable to expect two teams with better quality to finish ahead of us. Especially with the current state of our team and our two best creative midfielders out of favour for whatever reason.

I'm not too fussed though as we're in a transition period.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm just being realistic, it's not unreasonable to expect two teams with better quality to finish ahead of us. Especially with the current state of our team and our two best creative midfielders out of favour for whatever reason.

I'm not too fussed though as we're in a transition period.
New manager or not, I'm not having a transition period. We need CL this year, by hook or by crook. We've been in transition basically every year since the stadium move.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Saw some article about City potentially being banned from the CL which would mean there spot would go to whoever finishes 5th,not sure if true...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Think people are making too big a deal out of United's resurgence because of their fixtures. Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Bournemouth at home who are massive bottlers against the big sides.

Saw some article about City potentially being banned from the CL which would mean there spot would go to whoever finishes 5th,not sure if true...

The problem with that is that people who are investigate them are the same people they bribed in the first place.

If they are found guilty of breaking some rules, they will probably be fined by couple of million pounds and that will be the end of it.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Lets not kid ourselves, most of the team are of a quality not befitting Arsenal.

With the problems of the previous management yet to be resolved & the absentee owner who's simply not concerned with on-field developments,we're not going to be in contention for the league for another 20 years if not longer save a few successful cup campaigns.

We're going to comfortably shatter Liverpool's record.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You’d have to be naively optimistic to think we’re still in this race, best just forget about it.

What are the positives so far? I’d say Torreira, Guendouzi, Auba, Laca, Holding, Bellerin, the academy kids, Iwobi? Sokratis? Leno? Not sure about the last 3.

Negatives...Özil, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan, the defence, the style of play, the lack of transfer funds, the unbalanced squad.

There are a lot of negatives. F*ck I don’t know. How about we sell a bunch of older players on big wages, gut the squad and get Sven to bring in a bunch of kids with Auba and Laca up top? Just be f*cking radical, every year our status is getting smaller and smaller. Just f*cking do something.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What the point of us going to CL but owner has no attention to improving to invest?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Beat Chelsea and we're back in it tbh, but we need to improve massively for us to have a chance, or we need another fluke run.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Beat Chelsea and we're back in it tbh, but we need to improve massively for us to have a chance, or we need another fluke run.
We won't even if we beat Chelsea they'll get the striker they want plus a midfielder maybe both going to be quality while us going to be 1 loan or 2 and the defense will still the same

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I didn't think we'd make top 4 before the season started and still don't. Emery will have over-achieved if we somehow do it.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom