• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | May 12, 2019 | 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Doubt it. He will have either of two excuses, the first being in CL. The second not being in CL but everything is on the stake and he can't give youngsters even a short cameo or he will get sacked.
If we did end up playing in europa I hope not he'll give many youngsters a start in group stage

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He’s done well in all his cameos though, it annoys me that we’ve not even sorted a loan out for him.

You can’t judge a player solely off youth appearances and training sessions.

It’s not what I want.. Before the season I tipped him to get his breakthrough.. Looking at it objectively though, this has been a wasted season for Nketiah, he can’t afford another one in what is a crucial part of his development. He got «lucky» that Welbeck got injured and he became our default 3rd choice striker, yet he still didn’t get any chances, pointing to Emery not trusting him as 3rd choice.

TheEconomist

Established Member
This is a seriously dire line up but who cares. The only important thing about this game is making sure Auba doesn't get injured. Let's take him off as early as we reasonably can

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like seeing just one youth player given the chance with solid team rather than all changes.

I like seeing just one youth player given the chance with solid team rather than all changes.

You like seeing Willock getting chance to play with our worst midfield pairing Elneny - Guendouzi and Lichtsteiner, Mustafi in defense and with worst top6 wide-forwards Iwobi and Mikitaryan.

But keep a close eye on this forum. Willock will get all the blame after the game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This isn't a solid team IMO

It’s not what I want.. Before the season I tipped him to get his breakthrough.. Looking at it objectively though, this has been a wasted season for Nketiah, he can’t afford another one in what is a crucial part of his development. He got «lucky» that Welbeck got injured and he became our default 3rd choice striker, yet he still didn’t get any chances, pointing to Emery not trusting him as 3rd choice.
Sadly agree. Nothing to do with Nketiah's ability and everything to do with Emery's lack of trust. Not saying Emery's gotta be sacked but I'm disappointed that he hasn't done more with Nketiah and other young players in the team.

Gunner-Union

we get linked with wingers a lot and it seems Emery knows we need some pace out there so why not give saka or ameachi a run

Emery only seems to have time for one teenager in the first team. Which is fine by me and I understand that. But I really wish he mixed a bit those minutes between Guendouzi, Willcok and Nketiah more instead of giving all the time to Guendouzi.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wouldn't click the link obviously, but was wondering if there were any streams or international television stations showing this game?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You like seeing Willock getting chance to play with our worst midfield pairing Elneny - Guendouzi and Lichtsteiner, Mustafi in defense and with worst top6 wide-forwards Iwobi and Mikitaryan.

But keep a close eye on this forum. Willock will get all the blame after the game.
Kind of intrigued to see the Elneny - Guendouzi midfield. Hopefully high tempo, mobile & aggressive.

Let them cover the back four & breakup play with the attackers contributing more to build up. Maybe two more mobile midfielders is the answer away from home even if not theses two individuals.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kind of intrigued to see the Elneny - Guendouzi midfield. Hopefully high tempo, mobile & aggressive.

Let them cover the back four & breakup play with the attackers contributing more to build up. Maybe two more mobile midfielders is the answer away from home even if not theses two individuals.
They've been terrible every time they've played together, especially the last couple of times. Elneny shouldn't be near the XI.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
They've been terrible every time they've played together, especially the last couple of times. Elneny shouldn't be near the XI.
With no Özil or Xhaka? I cant remember.

We have been so poor away in the league like to see something different with hopefully a mobile & more aggressive front six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom