• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s building his CV nicely, isn’t he? Denounces Germany and the DFB, retires from the NT, marries Miss Turkey and makes Erdogan best man at his wedding... I cant believe I’ve been had like that. Ive been bent over ffs.
You’re over thinking this. He’s just ducking and diving like the rest of us.

The German press blame him for their poor WC showing, so he goes back to his mama’s roots. There’s no plan or intentional building of a political career. He’s not writing Mein Kampf and planning world domination.

It’s all a narrative to try and slag him off.

Harz

The German press blame him for their poor WC showing, so he goes back to his mama’s roots. There’s no plan or intentional building of a political career. He’s not writing Mein Kampf and planning world domination.

You are wrong, he took the picture with Erdogan before the WC started

This is a photo from 2011

basbakan_1_D8QNI.jpg

Arda Turan and Mesut Özil have always been brown-nosers

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

basbakan_1_D8QNI.jpg

He’s just a pet poodle amongst heavyweights. You seriously think he’s a future politician in the making? He’s not even Turkish, he’s not that bright and other players say he’s shy.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

basbakan_1_D8QNI.jpg

Exactly. Then why was it not a problem then? Because they were winning?

Germany needed a scapegoat for their failures this summer, and Özil was an easy target with him having Turkish roots and taking some photos with Erdogan.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Germany needed a scapegoat for their failures this summer, and Özil was an easy target with him having Turkish roots and taking some photos with Erdogan.
That's what happened I agree with Germany and I honestly can't see Özil building up a political career or whatever but the recent developments have been pretty ridiculous.

I think there's an element of sticking two fingers up at his critics and Germany along with family+peer pressure with all this. There's also maybe Edrogan and him have similar beliefs and they do connect. Özil probably feels elevated and protected in his status too.

Either way, just gtfo of Arsenal.

Harz

He’s just a pet poodle amongst heavyweights. You seriously think he’s a future politician in the making? He’s not even Turkish, he’s not that bright and other players say he’s shy.
He has a Turkish passport.

Also, you don't need to be bright to be a Turkish politician mate. You only need to know the right people.

Harz

Back then Erdogan did not compare German officials and part of the population to Nazis.

Germany did make him into a scapegoat, but Ilkay was in the exact same situation and wasn't treated similarly, simply because he apologized.

Mesut posed as the victim throughout the entire process, and that made him the target.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Back then Erdogan did not compare German officials and part of the population to Nazis.

Germany did make him into a scapegoat, but Ilkay was in the exact same situation and wasn't treated similarly, simply because he apologized.

Mesut posed as the victim throughout the entire process, and that made him the target.
So basically Ilkay took one in the bum by ap0logising where Özil refused and somehow this make him the next Hitler.
What are you smoking their, lad.

Furious

Doesn't mean Özil agrees with that statement though.

Ilkay is a minnow in comparison to Özil, wasn't going to get much blame either way.

When you take on players with complex backgrounds into your national team things like these are bound to happen eventually. Özil has an affection for Turkey, and for whatever reason has had a relationship with Erdogan for a long time - I don't see why that would change because of something Erdogan said, which had nothing to do with Özil in the first place.

Harz

So basically Ilkay took one in the bum by ap0logising where Özil refused and somehow this make him the next Hitler.
What are you smoking their, lad.

No, Ilkay said that the backlash in the German media was right and he didn't think too much before taking the photo and he apologized.

Mesut claimed that the reaction was racist, and that Erdogan represented the oppressed, which is utter bollocks.

I also said nothing about anything making Mesut the next Hitler.

Harz

Doesn't mean Özil agrees with that statement though.

Ilkay is a minnow in comparison to Özil, wasn't going to get much blame either way.

When you take on players with complex backgrounds into your national team things like these are bound to happen eventually. Özil has an affection for Turkey, and for whatever reason has had a relationship with Erdogan for a long time - I don't see why that would change because of something Erdogan said, which had nothing to do with Özil in the first place.
The problem is not Özil's affection for Turkey, it's his affection for Erdogan.

If you do not choose friends based on their opinions and behaviors, then what are your criteria? What should we think about someone who befriends a de facto dictator?

Furious

The problem is not Özil's affection for Turkey, it's his affection for Erdogan.

If you do not choose friends based on their opinions and behaviors, then what are your criteria? What should we think about someone who befriends a de facto dictator?

Neither of us knows enough to answer that question.

Do you have any friends who support Erdogan? What's their reasoning?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Ducking and diving like the rest of us? :lol:

Tell you what, if I'm overthinking it, then you're definitely under-thinking it!

And what's the narrative to try and slag him off? I think he's doing alright creating one all by himself, no?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What the F**K does this have to do with Arsenal Football though??
I've not been a Mesut fan for a while now but this political stuff is a load of crap.
There' lots of stuff in this thread unrelated to football. It's not even that far away mate. It's not as if we're digging deep into politics either, really. The subject is still on the player, and this is his thread.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There' lots of stuff in this thread unrelated to football. It's not even that far away mate. It's not as if we're digging deep into politics either, really. The subject is still on the player, and this is his thread.
Because you sheep keep talking about it and ignoring the football.
Wenger in his later years started dropping huge hints of this at pressers etc. Everyone is forgetting the football and obsessed with all the crap that makes this sport unbearable at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom