• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not here to argue, but I thought I'd give some accurate information as almost every news article is misinformed, I keep reading stuff like £22m should get it done, these are made up figures.

In reality, Celtic want at least £30m and still have 4 years and 7 transfer windows to get it, the only accurate figure I've read was about 100 pages ago when it said Celtic asked for £40m(Celtic's high position to deter paltry bids).

There's a bit of understandable ignorance surrounding Celtic's finances on these boards, we've never been in a better financial position than we are now, we have a lot of money in the bank and plenty of saleable assets on the pitch, we also have two billionaire owners that offer us a certain security.

I think if Arsenal are making the type of bids that are being reported he will be staying at Celtic for at least another window, we are well aware that selling an injured players is not ideal to get maximum compensation, so keeping him longer and allowing other parties time to get involved is a very real option and looking more likely.

If he goes to Arsenal the fee will be over £30m (including easily achievable add-ons)

Celtic would actually prefer not to sell to Arsenal, as the likelihood of him moving on from Arsenal and activating a sell on fee is lowered compared to a team like Everton, we pocketed an extra £7.5m from VVD when he moved to Liverpool and would be hoping for similar when KT moves on in the future.
He’s coming here for under £25m, now piss off.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not here to argue, but I thought I'd give some accurate information as almost every news article is misinformed, I keep reading stuff like £22m should get it done, these are made up figures.

In reality, Celtic want at least £30m and still have 4 years and 7 transfer windows to get it, the only accurate figure I've read was about 100 pages ago when it said Celtic asked for £40m(Celtic's high position to deter paltry bids).

There's a bit of understandable ignorance surrounding Celtic's finances on these boards, we've never been in a better financial position than we are now, we have a lot of money in the bank and plenty of saleable assets on the pitch, we also have two billionaire owners that offer us a certain security.

I think if Arsenal are making the type of bids that are being reported he will be staying at Celtic for at least another window, we are well aware that selling an injured players is not ideal to get maximum compensation, so keeping him longer and allowing other parties time to get involved is a very real option and looking more likely.

If he goes to Arsenal the fee will be over £30m (including easily achievable add-ons)

Celtic would actually prefer not to sell to Arsenal, as the likelihood of him moving on from Arsenal and activating a sell on fee is lowered compared to a team like Everton, we pocketed an extra £7.5m from VVD when he moved to Liverpool and would be hoping for similar when KT moves on in the future.
We'll get him below 30. He's not going anywhere else unless a club with better prospects than us comes around of which the likeliness is close to 10%.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

£20 million + 5million worth of add-ons will definitely be enough. £30 million ffs. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Celtic sold a guy who'll likely be crowned the best player in the world this year for £12 million to Southampton for crying out loud.

Hooplehead

I should also add that I've been told Celtic are preparing to offer KT a new 2 year contract extension with a £10k wage bump, obviously that's much less than he would get at arsenal but since we can keep him for another 4 years if we want on his current contract it's designed to reward his loyalty and strengthen our negotiating power with potential suitors down the line.

Desperate, guesswork, drivel. Sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself mate, not us.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Van Dijk.....
Best player in the world is a bit reaching, no? Man, shoulda signed him when we were linked with him back in the day. Easy to say in hindsight but he totally fit the profile of what we needed back then also. How far he has come though is rather incredible.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I should also add that I've been told Celtic are preparing to offer KT a new 2 year contract extension with a £10k wage bump, obviously that's much less than he would get at arsenal but since we can keep him for another 4 years if we want on his current contract it's designed to reward his loyalty and strengthen our negotiating power with potential suitors down the line.
No buddy, he's ours. No amount of money is keeping him in that **** hole any longer.

Tir Na Nog

Best player in the world is a bit reaching, no? Man, shoulda signed him when we were linked with him back in the day. Easy to say in hindsight but he totally fit the profile of what we needed back then also. How far he has come though is rather incredible.

He's favourite to win the Ballon d'Or with the bookies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a decent LB. Celtic fans are behaving like we’re signing Messi.

Signing or not signing him will not impact us much compared to a Zaha for example.

Tir Na Nog

Really? Rather unexpected.

Not really, I know defenders don't usually win these awards but when you look at the impact he's had on Liverpool, the fact they won the CL, that Holland got to the final of the nations league, Liverpool finished with 97 points in the league. I think it'd be fully deserved. No other player on the planet as played such an important role for their club than Van Dijk has imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom