• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
At least there were no public pissing contests with players or letting relegation fodder chuck us out of a CL place or getting battered in Cup Finals under Wenger. We thought there was nowhere to go but up and yet somehow things are worse.

All of these things happened under Wenger, and if not getting battered in the final it's the last 16. Let's not start acting like it was much different under Arsène.

I like that we're not letting players get away with anything, Özil treated Arsène like a mug always going off on illness and never trying away from home. We needed someone to reel him in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All of these things happened under Wenger, and if not getting battered in the final it's the last 16. Let's not start acting like it was much different under Arsène.

I like that we're not letting players get away with anything, Özil treated Arsène like a mug always going off on illness and never trying away from home. We needed someone to reel him in.

Nah man I want a return to the glory days of losing 10-2 to Bayern. :drool:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah man I want a return to the glory days of losing 10-2 to Bayern. :drool:
5-1 is what Liverpool beat us by at Christmas.

And Chelsea beat us 4-1 in the Europa ffs, could easily have been 5-1.

Without investment this club is only going one way. And has been since Kroenke took over. Wenger kept us in the game for a few years, but this isn’t about managers/coaches, as we’ll all see when the next couple have come and gone.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/spo...cielny-row-as-arsenal-defender-goes-on-strike

Claims here he’s pissed because he wanted a one year extension on his current deal but we offered a new two year deal with lower base salary and more performance-based payments instead, with option for free transfer next summer. He said no and wants out now rather than that deal.

Is he having a laugh? He’s playing with one Achilles. How many big games has he gone off “injured”? We’re perfectly within our rights to offer him an appearance based contract.

So disappointed in his lack of professionalism. Of all our players I least expected it from Kos. What a daft way to end his tenure here. This will leave a sour taste in everyone’s mouth.

Manberg

Predator
I wouldn’t mind if he refused the contract offer but he just had (/has) one more year. He ought to know to fulfil his commitments to the club and he could’ve left a legend like Ramsey but he’s gone about it like a child and relations are sour now.

nick gould

Is he having a laugh? He’s playing with one Achilles. How many big games has he gone off “injured”? We’re perfectly within our rights to offer him an appearance based contract.

So disappointed in his lack of professionalism. Of all our players I least expected it from Kos. What a daft way to end his tenure here. This will leave a sour taste in everyone’s mouth.

I kind of understand why he is pissed off. We offered flamin a 3 year contract when he couldn't even get anywhere near first team. Arteta overstsyed, same as Per. Don't get me started about jenkison. Those deals would have fooled me into thinking Arsenal is a charity that keeps giving. It definitely fooled Kos, he is not the sharpest tool in the box. Remember his comments about the French world cup that he missed, they portrayed him as a truly bitter individual.

BigPoppaPump

Without investment this club is only going one way. And has been since Kroenke took over. Wenger kept us in the game for a few years, but this isn’t about managers/coaches, as we’ll all see when the next couple have come and gone.

It's mainly the players, lets be honest we've stockpiled a whole squad of average and poor players. I use to criticise Walcott all the time but really he'd be our best winger right now, Arteta makes Xhaka look like an amateur and look at how excited we're getting over a 13 goal a season striker. Even Gael Clichy is much better than Kolasinac and Gael didn't know where to stand ever, always playing people onside.

We can't sell anyone because they're crap and on high wages, we can't buy anyone because we've made no money from player sales or the CL. Blame Kronke all you want but Gazidis and Wenger got us here and now Raul has to clean up their mess but has to deal with all these guys like Arseblog that just waiting to put the knife in and already have turned on him.

BigPoppaPump

I kind of understand why he is pissed off. We offered flamin a 3 year contract when he couldn't even get anywhere near first team. Arteta overstsyed, same as Per. Don't get me started about jenkison. Those deals would have fooled me into thinking Arsenal is a charity that keeps giving. It definitely fooled Kos, he is not the sharpest tool in the box. Remember his comments about the French world cup that he missed, they portrayed him as a truly bitter individual.

10/10 post, the funniest thing is if Kos did play they'd probably lose the final over something dumb he did, or he'd just get bullied as usual. Fragile player, not my captain.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah it's weird , it's what happens when you get older , why sign it if you didn't like the terms . I'll reserve judgement till I fully understand better .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's mainly the players, lets be honest we've stockpiled a whole squad of average and poor players. I use to criticise Walcott all the time but really he'd be our best winger right now, Arteta makes Xhaka look like an amateur and look at how excited we're getting over a 13 goal a season striker. Even Gael Clichy is much better than Kolasinac and Gael didn't know where to stand ever, always playing people onside.

We can't sell anyone because they're crap and on high wages, we can't buy anyone because we've made no money from player sales or the CL. Blame Kronke all you want but Gazidis and Wenger got us here and now Raul has to clean up their mess but has to deal with all these guys like Arseblog that just waiting to put the knife in and already have turned on him.
It’s not that simple. We’ve had some terrific buys over the years as well as some duffers. But all clubs have, because buying players is not a science, it’s a gamble. Even tried and tested players arrive at a club and sometime become useless overnight, like Di Maria at United . . it’s because they’re humans not machines.

Still blaming Wenger for the current state of our club is crazy. Over the years the club has had many more successes than failures. And our current team has some excellent players, but still has holes. Unless you can fill all the holes, you’re only as good as your weakest links.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Without investment this club is only going one way. And has been since Kroenke took over.
This is what worries me no end. I was hoping the talk of a very limited transfer budget was overblown but given how this window is going I fear the worst.

We need some serious upgrade in defense and nothing is coming in. Instead we are fighting with an old player who should really be allowed to leave.

In the end this is all down to how our owner operates. The day he bought us was the day we were doomed. In today’s PL we are going nowhere with him as our owner.

BigPoppaPump

It’s not that simple. We’ve had some terrific buys over the years as well as some duffers. But all clubs have, because buying players is not a science, it’s a gamble. Even tried and tested players arrive at a club and sometime become useless overnight, like Di Maria at United . . it’s because they’re humans not machines.

Still blaming Wenger for the current state of our club is crazy. Over the years the club has had many more successes than failures. And our current team has some excellent players, but still has holes. Unless you can fill all the holes, you’re only as good as your weakest links.

I can't really remember our last terrific buy tbh, maybe Santi Cazorla? Other than we've bought dross or players for more or around what they're worth, we just buy whoever is available rather than who we need, why buy Özil when we needed striker? Why buy Aubameyang when we needed wingers? How many times did we need a CB just to buy another AM? What excellent players do we have in our team now?

Until we start buying a higher quality of player in the positions we need we'll always be in this position. Liverpool bought guys like Mane and Salah for the same prices we payed for Mustafi and Xhaka. Lacazette cost more than them and around the same as Sterling but doesn't produce anywhere near as much.

We need to know what style of football we want, get that coach in and buy players for that type of style. It's what Liverpool, City and Sp**s do and they're much better off for it. We just buy whoever is available and affordable which left us with the sub par unbalanced team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Then we’d be losing £90k a week for nothing. Given how cash strapped our club now is, that money is needed.
That is a sad state of affairs that we have sunken so low that this becomes an argument... I'm irritated with Kos, but all this is down to one man and that is our mega **** of an owner!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I can't really remember our last terrific buy tbh, maybe Santi Cazorla? Other than we've bought dross or players for more or around what they're worth, we just buy whoever is available rather than who we need, why buy Özil when we needed striker? Why buy Aubameyang when we needed wingers? How many times did we need a CB just to buy another AM? What excellent players do we have in our team now?

Until we start buying a higher quality of player in the positions we need we'll always be in this position. Liverpool bought guys like Mane and Salah for the same prices we payed for Mustafi and Xhaka. Lacazette cost more than them and around the same as Sterling but doesn't produce anywhere near as much.

We need to know what style of football we want, get that coach in and buy players for that type of style. It's what Liverpool, City and Sp**s do and they're much better off for it. We just buy whoever is available and affordable which left us with the sub par unbalanced team.
That’s a bleak view. I’ve been quite critical of our squad recently but not sure I’ve hit your low.

Auba equalled Mane and Salah and won a golden boot with AMN and Kolasinac crossing the ball, let that sink in.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I can't really remember our last terrific buy tbh, maybe Santi Cazorla?
I think our last window was very solid. We got two young promising midfielders that will only increase in value and help the team. Unfortunately this seems to have been much Sven's doing and now that he is gone nothing happens. This window is classic Arsenal. Like the one where we picked up ****ing Danny Welbeck right at the death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom