• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,682

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"Just to give you an idea about how Emery rates this player, I'm going to waffle and speculate..."

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think Tierney, Saliba being loaned out and Ceballos on loan is a pretty poor window.

Can't expect much until the bum squad are out the door though.
Winger will come in either way we don't need to sell because we already short in wings. Another CB backup RB need to sell players agree

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Exactly my thoughts. I was confused by the post to be honest.

Anyway, until we actually sign the players, we cant say so and so window was worse than this one.

Whatever happens it is highly unlikely this window can be worse than the summer of 2015 window. Only signed Cech. Only club in the major 5 leagues in Europe not to have signed an outfield player. Banter!

6gunner

Winger it's important because we lack width we too predictable offensively in away games very easy to defend against. We want player like Zaha Soares that will cause problems because of thier speed and skills and ability to beat thier man
We need a proper winger because, without one, we have to play Auba and Laca together. When we play them together, it means we play a two man midfield and we don't have enough cover in the middle of the field to help our center backs. This window is, or should be, all about balancing the team in a 4-3-3 and/or 4-3-2-1 formation. If we can accomplish this, we can let Neikath go out on loan because we'll only have Auba and Laca on the field together for short stints when we are behind.

Axel9090

Whatever happens it is highly unlikely this window can be worse than the summer of 2015 window. Only signed Cech. Only club in the major 5 leagues in Europe not to have signed an outfield player. Banter!
Goodness me, thanks for the reminder. I almost collapsed from the flashbacks!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Tierney, Saliba being loaned out and Ceballos on loan is a pretty poor window.

Can't expect much until the bum squad are out the door though.

Agree if I’m honest, winger was and still is a priority for me.

Although Tierney lets us play four at the back we’re going to have a combo of Iwobi, Nelson, Mkhi and Özil on both flanks. That’s brutal.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Agree if I’m honest, winger was and still is a priority for me.

Although Tierney lets us play four at the back we’re going to have a combo of Iwobi, Nelson, Mkhi and Özil on both flanks. That’s brutal.

In my opinion Sokratis and Holding are decent pair for CB, where as we literally don't have first team wing options.

Still CB and wing are super important in their own right, just depends what players we could get where.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
That back four is capable of challenging for 4th. The problem is that Bellerin is unlikely to be ready for the first couple of months and even then he’ll need time to get up to speed. Holding has only just started training with the team so he’ll need time himself and Tierney is recovering from a bad injury.

Leno
Sokratis Mustafi Monreal

That’s what is more likely for the first month, and it’s terrible.​

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
That back four is capable of challenging for 4th. The problem is that Bellerin is unlikely to be ready for the first couple of months and even then he’ll need time to get up to speed. Holding has only just started training with the team so he’ll need time himself and Tierney is recovering from a bad injury.

Leno
Sokratis Mustafi Monreal

That’s what is more likely for the first month, and it’s terrible.​

Monreal Chambers Sokratis AMN

Leno
Sokratis Mustafi Monreal

I'm out.

giphy-2.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s too simplistic imo to say “x goals scored means we can attack and y goals conceded means we can’t defend”.

The system was broken at the end of the year, not all the goals we conceded were due to defender error, which is what a new CB would improve.
Of course it’s simplistic because that’s exactly what football distils down t0. Unlocking the opposition’s defence whilst keeping your own solid. What else is there?

When you have clowns at the back making mistakes, it’s irrelevant how good your manager or attacking combinations are. And a great example of that is Liverpool, with the arrival of VVD they almost halved their goals against in one season, whilst only scoring 5 more goals than the season before. Anybody watching his commanding play will know it wasn’t a winger that caused such a difference.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Of course it’s simplistic because that’s exactly what football distils down t0. Unlocking the opposition’s defence whilst keeping your own solid. What else is there?

When you have clowns at the back making mistakes, it’s irrelevant how good your manager or attacking combinations are. And a great example of that is Liverpool, with the arrival of VVD they almost halved their goals against in one season, whilst only scoring 5 more goals than the season before. Anybody watching his commanding play will know it wasn’t a winger that caused such a difference.

Yep, I know football can be deep in regards to tactics, but underneath it all sometimes it's really that simple.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Interesting that you bring up Liverpool because they completely changed the way they played after 17/18. They sat much deeper and looked to release the front three quickly or hit crosses from the full backs pushed high, the front three presented a constant threat in behind as well when the opposition had the ball.

We can’t do that because we have no players who can play LB and we have no wide players who deserve to be starting for Arsenal.

Teams are less likely to press us high if we’ve got genuine width. Some of the dross teams that were dominating games against us last year was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom