• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,472,793

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lacazette
Auba - Ramsey - Mkhi
Xhaka - Torreira
Monreal - Kosc - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

...to...

Lacazette
Auba - Ceballos - Pepe
Xhaka - Torreira
Tierney - Luiz - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno
That's a good window really. Saliba and Martinelli as very exciting talents locked down for the future as well.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So its looks like:

Ceballos - I am estatic with this signing. Best signing in the PL and that includes the players who Sp**s are linked with. I hope we buy him.

Pepe - most productive wide forward in Europe last season after Messi. Is the direct, strong pacey dribbler we have lacked.

Saliba - big, fast, physical ball playing CB. Had something like 9 clean sheets in 11 games when he broke into the team at the end of season. Annoyed about having to loan him back for a season.

Martinelli - has been impressive in the preseason. I reckon he will get EL and FA cup game time.

Tierney - good but injury prone LB. Could argue we already have a better LB.

Luiz - Experienced, defensively error prone and ball playing CB. Played 36 of 38 League games for team that finish led 2 points above, conceded 12 less goals than us and beat us in the EL final.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So its looks like:

Ceballos - I am estatic with this signing. Best signing in the PL and that includes the players who Sp**s are linked with. I hope we buy him.

Pepe - most productive wide forward in Eurpe last season after Messi. Is the direct, strong pacey dribbler we have lacked.

Saliba - big, fast, physical ball playing CB. Had something like 9 clean sheets in 11 games amwhen he broke into the team at the end of season. Annoyed about having to loan him back for a season.

Martinelli - has been impressive in the preseason. I reckon he will get EL and FA cup game time.

Tierney - good but injury prone LB. Could argue we already have a better LB.

Luiz - Experienced, defensively error prone and ball playing CB. Played 36 of 38 League games for team that finish led 2 points above, conceded 12 less goals than us and beat us in the EL final.
2.5/10

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we get Tierney we would’ve got 4/5 of our main targets. Not sure how anyone can be disappointed at that.

Be safe in the knowledge that next summer we’ll have Saliba and are likely to go very big for a midfielder and CB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the only underwhelming will be not signing good CB but we done fix 80% of this window. added top Winger added very good midfielder and will add very good LB. will remain to be seen if new CB will preform well.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
David Luiz would bump it up a bit for me. 7 or 8 /10

Investing so much in a 18 year old CB 16 games into career & a 20 year old CB off a knee injury a bit risky. No idea when u21 CBs became so hyped. So much developing to do in the position.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

CB should have been the priority going into the window, shambles that it’s come down to looking around Europe for cheap options with a day to go.

Wenger would be getting pelters.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
People were getting hyped over some Senegalese giant from a ****ing farmers league a few weeks ago and now they're talking **** about the window because we might end up with Luiz instead. ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom