• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

With Mourinho as our manager, I’d be confident going head to head with the other teams in the top 6. I can see the likes of Aubameyang and Pepe shining in his system, he’s clearly a fan of both players. He mentioned it during his punditry for Sky.

If he gets the job, I think we’d qualify for the CL imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I would still much rather a manager who actually wants to (and will) develop and play them. I dont trust Mourinho to do that.

Long term he’d be dreadful, if possible I’d give him until the summer but that’s never going to happen.

If he can have a year and a half here, see which managers are around then. Someone like a Ten Hag or Nagelsmann who can play good football but also win.

If we don’t make top 4 it’s apocalypse time, Laca and PEA will be gone and we’re in uncharted territory, no money and no good players.

I hate it as much as you but he’s the only realistic option I’d be confident of us making it with. This time we need to be short termist, long term can come on in the future.

blaze_of_glory

The knock on him would be how he’d handle the youngsters.

The club’s got to be firm with him, it’s clear that Guendouzi, Martinelli and Saka are part of the next generation for us and will need to play.

I still don’t think he has much of a bargaining position tbh, he’s running out of places to go and we can give him a route back to the big clubs.
Has Mou ever had success when he's not been given free rein to build the team he wants? I don't think you can go half-Mou, it has to be full Mou and that has meant abandoning young players in favour of experienced ones for short term gain.

Just cannot see how Mourinho is successful here without committing to a three-four year boom/bust cycle that we'll struggle to recover from.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's funny, but I wonder if there'd be as many willing to have him if he wasn't doing well as a pundit... He's undoubtedly a good listen, and when he was speaking about us and what options he thought we had, I could picture the briefs of AM users getting rather messy.

blaze_of_glory

He's clearly not. He's done as a cheque book manager, never mind whether he's suitable for us. I can't understand the want for him. He's the most un-Arsenal like candidate ever.
I think people are just desperate for Emery to go. I want him out as well, but we need to actually make the right appointment this time, not just flail at the biggest name that's currently available and end up hurting ourselves more.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Has Mou ever had success when he's not been given free rein to build the team he wants? I don't think you can go half-Mou, it has to be full Mou and that has meant abandoning young players in favour of experienced ones for short term gain.

Just cannot see how Mourinho is successful here without committing to a three-four year boom/bust cycle that we'll struggle to recover from.

I’m not sure if he was picking the players in his Real stint or his second Chelsea career.

I’m not a fan of him, and no @Jury it’s not because of his punditry that I want him. It’s because we’re up sh*t creek in the top four race and if we want to keep this squad together we need it badly.

What other options can you see where you’d honestly back us to get in there?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He had almost free reign at utd and still went belly up.

blaze_of_glory

I’m not sure if he was picking the players in his Real stint or his second Chelsea career.

I’m not a fan of him, and no @Jury it’s not because of his punditry that I want him. It’s because we’re up sh*t creek in the top four race and if we want to keep this squad together we need it badly.

What other options can you see where you’d honestly back us to get in there?
I honestly don't know for this season. Good point about keeping the squad together if we dont' make CL again this year, but we need to make sure we don't create a huge mess just down the line.

It might almost be worth losing the likes of PEA and Laca if we can get a coach in to build the youth players up over the next few seasons. So much talent there.

blaze_of_glory

Just struck me that if we go with what Ornstein said, the most likley thing that happens is Unai here until summer anyway, making all this talk meaningless.

GDeep™

League is very weak
EIH89YYWkAAQ5JP
**** sake man.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I honestly don't know for this season. Good point about keeping the squad together if we dont' make CL again this year, but we need to make sure we don't create a huge mess just down the line.

It might almost be worth losing the likes of PEA and Laca if we can get a coach in to build the youth players up over the next few seasons. So much talent there.

If we lose PEA and Laca the calibre of manager we could attract will drop imo.

Hitting the restart button again is a very dangerous road to go down, we’ve no guarantee how good these kids are and won’t for another four or five years. We’ve got top class players right now in the present, we should try and get the best out of them.

Imo it’s a waste of a good squad to go full tank just because Emery hasn’t worked, if we can use the next years to retool and improve on what we have we could honestly be CL contenders in the near future.

The PL isn’t like the NBA or NFL, there’s no discernible benefit to tanking, especially with our financial structure. We need to keep competitive.

blaze_of_glory

If we lose PEA and Laca the calibre of manager we could attract will drop imo.

Hitting the restart button again is a very dangerous road to go down, we’ve no guarantee how good these kids are and won’t for another four or five years. We’ve got top class players right now in the present, we should try and get the best out of them.

Imo it’s a waste of a good squad to go full tank just because Emery hasn’t worked, if we can use the next years to retool and improve on what we have we could honestly be CL contenders in the near future.

The PL isn’t like the NBA or NFL, there’s no discernible benefit to tanking, especially with our financial structure. We need to keep competitive.
Yeah all good point. But man... Mourinho? It would just be so sad to go from Wenger to Mou in three years. There has to be another option but I don't know what .

Giroud12

Mourinho?

He´s way past it. He was a ****, but a breath of fresh air when he first joined the PL. Now he´s just a bitter old man. Cannot win without spending big, hates playing youth (death of Saka, Martinelli etc.)

And the football? Jesus christ the **** Emery´s currently serving looks like the Invincibles compared to Mourinho. Also I don´t think Laca and Pepe would work at R/LWB.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Laca can go take a hike, he's a nothing player. Auba we can keep for one more year, afterwards he'll be 32 and in need of replacing anyway. Either way over the next two years they'll be in need of replacing, top four or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom