• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

Controversial but are we still a club of great values and class?

Hard to see where that’s reflected tbh. Fans who regularly go off on their own players and hounded our greatest ever manager out of the club.

Our owner is the embodiment of all that’s wrong with capitalism, our president has been involved in some very, very dodgy deals including bungs to Neymar and sorting out orgies for his dad and the less said about our manager the better.

We’ve frozen a player out because we signed him to a long contract and threw another under the bus when we let him go for free.

Where is this famous class I keep hearing about? I feel like now it’s mostly associated with Wenger’s reign. It’s a dillusion to paint us as some proud, ethical club.

We’re hardly Forest Green Rovers or Union Berlin, we’re just like any of the top 6 now. A PL mega club.
Yep, the class was all Wenger, gone but not forgotten.

Malky

Established Member
Seriously, what's the issue with Jose? Because of what he said about Wenger? If Wenger can forgive him, and the two seem to be on good terms now then what difference does it make to us fans? He's a far superior coach to the ***** we currently have in charge. Also Wenger was no saint in that " beef " with Jose, they both chatted **** about each other. And I'm saying that as a huge Wenger fan.
Also the stuff about " we'll play **** football with Jose " but will we? I'm sure that Mourinho's teams have scored more goals in a season than our Arsenal teams.
Who else is there that we go for? Who wouldn't we be taking a risk on? Arteta? Risk! Allegri? Huge risk! Rodgers? Won't leave when his team are red hot, etc.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The question of whether you really appreciate and respect Wenger is whether you'd have Mourinho or not.

I would love to know Wengers feelings on the situation. Been a bit surprised so little public interaction between Emery & Wenger. Think it was reported they bumped into each early on at a charity event but nothing public.

On the players let go he must be pretty gutted with turnover. So few remain that he counted on & even the younger ones like Iwobi.

isop

Getting Mourinho in is just is asking for trouble. Why is the chaos he caused at the end of his Real, 2nd Chelsea stint, and Man u stint being brushed under the carpet? 3 times in a row he has left a club in disarray after short term success. Any short term success will likely not be worth the potential mayhem that this malcontent would bring to the club.

It's obvious Emery won't be here long term, but we don't know how long he'll last.

Rangnick is one I'm leaning towards tbh as the next guy after Emery.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Seriously, what's the issue with Jose? Because of what he said about Wenger? If Wenger can forgive him, and the two seem to be on good terms now then what difference does it make to us fans? He's a far superior coach to the ***** we currently have in charge. Also Wenger was no saint in that " beef " with Jose, they both chatted **** about each other. And I'm saying that as a huge Wenger fan.
Also the stuff about " we'll play **** football with Jose " but will we? I'm sure that Mourinho's teams have scored more goals in a season than our Arsenal teams.
Who else is there that we go for? Who wouldn't we be taking a risk on? Arteta? Risk! Allegri? Huge risk! Rodgers? Won't leave when his team are red hot, etc.

I love wenger but only cus I support Arsenal fc, loads of ours fans still think its Arsène Fc

I would have no problem with jose, dont really like him but cant doubt his success

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Have we really come to the point we're many of us is actually for appointing Jose ****ing Mourinho as a manager of Arsenal Football club? **** me. I'd rather even Rodgers.

Yes I think we are :) For me I just want my team to improve and finish top 4. I cant look long term because so much revolves around CL & top 4. If Mourinho brought us that I'd take him. I was behind Emery when the season started but he has not moved us on and decent players are playing poor football. Rogers would have to be bought out of his contract, so too would many other managers. Mourinho is available with no buy out issue.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather shut the club down for 5 years than have Mourinho.

The question of whether you really appreciate and respect Wenger is whether you'd have Mourinho or not.

I don’t really see how hiring Mourinho is disrespectful to Wenger. It’d be disrespectful to let the club he helped build as a contender to slide away into mediocrity.

They’ve clearly kissed and made up, it’s not like he’s died and we’re p*ssing on his grave.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

seriously!

Plus Mourinho would be a step back into the Mesozoic era of football.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A waste of money, talent and resources. We would end up going backwards IMO

The knock on him would be how he’d handle the youngsters.

The club’s got to be firm with him, it’s clear that Guendouzi, Martinelli and Saka are part of the next generation for us and will need to play.

I still don’t think he has much of a bargaining position tbh, he’s running out of places to go and we can give him a route back to the big clubs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The knock on him would be how he’d handle the youngsters.

The club’s got to be firm with him, it’s clear that Guendouzi, Martinelli and Saka are part of the next generation for us and will need to play.

I still don’t think he has much of a bargaining position tbh, he’s running out of places to go and we can give him a route back to the big clubs.
I would still much rather a manager who actually wants to (and will) develop and play them. I dont trust Mourinho to do that.

Ewarwoowar

Also Wenger was no saint in that " beef " with Jose, they both chatted **** about each other.

Don't recall Wenger getting into too many verbals with him, alls I remember is the one time when Wenger shoved him when Chelsea was hacking us off the park and ref doing nothing.

Another thing to consider we get Jose, he'll have no favours from the officials like he did at Manu and Chelsea, we be guaranteed to see more reds playing like them teams of his.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan

EIH89YYWkAAQ5JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom