• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Foundation as in the structure & tactical principles. I believe we need that first no matter how defensive or attacking the team turns out to be. The defence needs organisation. The midfield needs to be balanced protecting back four & asserting dominance to then build attack.

With a hard 11 fixture run in the league our season could be over before the window opens.
I agree. Dont think Mourinho is the man for it though.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Mourinho is not the answer, he has a track record of collapse in his 3rd season at Clubs and someone else always has to come in to clean up his mess. He'll do well short term but in 2 years time we'll be back to square one.

Gursha

Jose Mourinho as we all know him, ide say a definite no.

BUT! His recent quotes regarding Ole were that its way better (easier) to get into a club to create a project, develop youth and have a long term plan, and short term success can and will probably be sacrificed, or just have no pressure to win trophies

All his jobs were for instant success, and we all know the rest, he did achieve that but then exploded...

He said that in his next job he'll make clear at the beginning that he's aiming long term...

Now thats something i dont mind seeing... He'll be a gigantic upgrade on Unai in every department...

Highbury

People who dismissed the notion that Arteta should have been appointed over Emery in 2018 are now voting for Ljungberg over Mourinho.

Ljungberg over Mourinho. :lol:

Some of us are more confused than Emery.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I absolutely despise Mourinho, I had a party when he left the UK for Real Madrid and the British media had to have their tongues removed from his posterior. But.....

I can't be bothered to listen to interviews or press conferences anymore, neither do I read the papers. In all honesty apart from the camera panning to Emery every now and again during a match and the abysmal football I could easily forget who our manager is!

If Jose could get us playing well and winning I could easily blank out that the egotistical, charmless, attention seeking piece of **** was our manager.

Last edited:

Ewarwoowar

No way Mou can get his style of football out of our current squad with anything other than mediocre results.

The ugliness he bring on and off the pitch could be catastrophic too, ergo as much of a risk or maybe more than trying someone from left field.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Controversial but are we still a club of great values and class?

Hard to see where that’s reflected tbh. Fans who regularly go off on their own players and hounded our greatest ever manager out of the club.

Our owner is the embodiment of all that’s wrong with capitalism, our president has been involved in some very, very dodgy deals including bungs to Neymar and sorting out orgies for his dad and the less said about our manager the better.

We’ve frozen a player out because we signed him to a long contract and threw another under the bus when we let him go for free.

Where is this famous class I keep hearing about? I feel like now it’s mostly associated with Wenger’s reign. It’s a dillusion to paint us as some proud, ethical club.

We’re hardly Forest Green Rovers or Union Berlin, we’re just like any of the top 6 now. A PL mega club.

Pepes blue pill

Thats my fear, my other fear is that Jose may not be motivated enough.

I think he would be motivated to succeed simply to shove it in the face of his critics tbh, my main concern would be f the young players would get time to develop or not...In reality this is likely to be a bunch of bullshit that started in the sun and just caught on, on twitter

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hard to see where that’s reflected tbh. Fans who regularly go off on their own players and hounded our greatest ever manager out of the club.

Our owner is the embodiment of all that’s wrong with capitalism, our president has been involved in some very, very dodgy deals including bungs to Neymar and sorting out orgies for his dad and the less said about our manager the better.

We’ve frozen a player out because we signed him to a long contract and threw another under the bus when we let him go for free.

Where is this famous class I keep hearing about? I feel like now it’s mostly associated with Wenger’s reign. It’s a dillusion to paint us as some proud, ethical club.

We’re hardly Forest Green Rovers or Union Berlin, we’re just like any of the top 6 now. A PL mega club.
There is no class in modern business the EPL has got bigger and richer. The big clubs dont give a toss, it is all PR stuff these days. Social media is the cancer of today's society and that includes football.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
- Chances of us keeping Ramsey was gone the moment we decided to give Özil/Mkhi/Auba big money contracts. Absolutely the fault of Gazidis and co for not settling Ramsey decisively and selling him while we can.

- Blowing the top 4 and Europa final was because of the Ramsey injury (which by the way proves we might be better off moving beyond him).

- Özil was a mess which Emery inherited, and that he has to clean up now. Refusing to play Özil is an absolutely valid way of cleaning up the mess.

- Captain was decided by players, and it's not like choosing someone else as captain would have made us play better.

All these are not something hiring Mourinho as our manager would change. Emery is at fault for us playing bad football but let's not pretend Mourinho would get us to play better football.

This response is nonsense.

Ramsey said that there was a contract offer that he was ready to sign, and that the offer was taken away and he wasn't sure why. He also said plenty of times that he did not plan on leaving. You can blame Gazidis if you want. I partially blame Gazidis for hiring Emery and getting us in this mess. If Emery thought Ramsey was part of his plans then there is a far greater chance that he'd still be here. Emery, because he is an awful coach, decided that we didn't need Ramsey and now Ramsey is gone.

Also, saying that we blew the top four because of Ramsey's injury is pretty funny. We all know that Ramsey has hamstring problems, and if we overplay him this is a possibility. That can definitely be a reason to sell someone if you want, but you can't ignore that our performances picked up once he was back in the starting lineup. Also, the reason Ramsey played so much in the second half of the season was mostly due to Torreira being overplayed. He picked up an injury and his form dropped because Emery's poor tactics result in us not having possession and our midfielders have to run way too much. I smarter coach would rotate our players better and have a football philosophy that focuses on retaining possession.

People on this forum love saying that Özil was a "mess" or whatever, but the mess we are in right now due to Emery being incompetent is way worse than anything that has happened when Özil played. If you honestly think that we would be worse if Özil played then I just don't know what to say.

Emery decided to let the players choose the captain. The players didn't have a coup and make Emery allow them to pick the captain. Emery is weak, has no vision or philosophy; so he let the players decide and now we're in a big mess. If he was a better coach then he would have just picked a captain and everything would be different.

Mourinho is a better coach than Emery. I don't know how that is even debatable. He might be an awful coach for Arsenal, but so is Emery. The ugly football Mourinho would have us play would have finished in the top four and won the Europa League last season. We would have probably hated every second of watching Mourinho coach us, but the end result would have been better than the present. Mourinho probably isn't the right coach for Arsenal, but he's definitely a better coach than Emery. The idea that Mourinho couldn't get us playing better football than the present is just laughable.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I got hounded for asking basically this not so long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom